This is for all Mappers out there

=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

This is for all Mappers out there

Post by =(V)iper= »

Today I was playing one of my maps in server. Now I'm not going to mention names because they obviously know who they are, but all they did was bash the map playing. Now I don't usually care for criticism as much as the next person because I know what I put up in the servers and do my part. This is to every non-mapmaker out there. People like myself, Kev, Muffin, etc etc we're all doing what we can to keep this community alive by giving you all new maps to play instead of the same old all the time. I'm in a bittersweet situation with my fellow mapmakers out there because though I'm happy to see my maps being played, I'm disappointed that you guys aren't giving them a shot as well. Muffin has done a great job over the time of her making to add her own dynamics to maps with weapons and such, same with Kev. When I hear someone bashing my maps I don't mind too much, because it still gets voted. But before you decide to bash another person's work, just remember something (I'm speaking for all mapmakers too): We're doing our part to keep the community alive while you're just sitting on your ass and complaining, if you think you can do a better job, we could sure use the help. But if you don't want to take the time to do so, sit down, shut up, and either play the map through or go into spec until it's over.

Thanks

If you want to stroke my ego, be sure to spit on it first
=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Re: This is for all Mappers out there

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

I totally agree with Viper, even though I'm not a mapper, I can understand the frustrations and such.

If people don't have anything nice to say, they shouldn't say them at all, in my opinion.
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

=(V)=Muffin
Captain

Post by =(V)=Muffin »

<3
evilgrins
Forums Master

Post by evilgrins »

=(V)iper= wrote:Today I was playing one of my maps in server. Now I'm not going to mention names because they obviously know who they are, but all they did was bash the map playing.
This is why I so enthusiastically recommend the appropriate means to deal with such people on a server... KNOCK THEM OFF A CLIFF WITH THE SHOCK RIFLE!
=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

Couldn't have said it better Vipe. I've had my maps bashed too. My response to whoever is bashing my maps, while I'm in the map with them, is to ask them if they've had any involvement in mapping themselves. If not, then try it some time. Try creating a map, just to see that it's not all fun and games. It's hard work and requires a lot of man-hours.

Yes, I've heard peeps bash Viper's and Muffin's map too. Of course I've always defended anything that Muffin or Viper has done as well. So, like Viper stated, if you don't like a certain map, sit down and shut up or just spec, until a map you like appears. Don't bitch about it. Just play and have fun, that's what it's all about.

:thumbup
Last edited by =(V)=Kevster on Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

=(V)=CandyMan wrote:I totally agree with Viper, even though I'm not a mapper, I can understand the frustrations and such.

If people don't have anything nice to say, they shouldn't say them at all, in my opinion.
That's what my mother used to say to me about people like that. :thumbup
Hook
V.I.P.

Post by Hook »

A great thread indeed! (from a fellow mapper) :thumbup
= Hook =
http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
or also http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/page/hutp-main for site info.
SERVER NAME: CROSSBONES Lucifurs Missile Madness {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
PRO-REDEEMER / PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer / PRO-SEEKER-Redeemer

IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 or unreal://68.232.181.236:7777
=(V)=SILVER_FOX
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=SILVER_FOX »

I love all map makers.. come let us have sex to celebrate your skillz :P But seriously though (after the sex) We or I do appreciate the hard work u guys put in to make maps for us all to enjoy so keep up the good work!!! :)

sig by =(V)=DASH
Hook
V.I.P.

Post by Hook »

Which reminds me - I got a lot of mapping and map fixing to do - ahem ...
I am currently altering certain maps on my server to be even better than they are.
I receive comments and complaints and suggestions from our players, then go about applying them to the maps in question.
First one I altered was DM-Tombstone - and it is already way better but I am still not done with it yet. :thumbup
= Hook =
http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
or also http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/page/hutp-main for site info.
SERVER NAME: CROSSBONES Lucifurs Missile Madness {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
PRO-REDEEMER / PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer / PRO-SEEKER-Redeemer

IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 or unreal://68.232.181.236:7777
NyteBlayDe
Forums Master

Post by NyteBlayDe »

=(V)=CandyMan wrote:I totally agree with Viper, even though I'm not a mapper, I can understand the frustrations and such.

I always appreciate the hard workers at anything ,I appreciate what you all have done to this community as Viper said and i totally agree with him ,I don't prefer someone's hard work on another!

I just say to anyone who had done a great job"Great job!" and this is really from the heart because they really deserve respect and thankfulness.

Also as CM said too but with my way "If you don't have anything to say,You'd better to shut the f*** up better than just chattering while setting down your ass and you don't even know and how to make such things"!
Signature made by =(V)=D/\SH
JajaCZ
Forums Participant

Post by JajaCZ »

I would not mind if such thing exists, to have like every fifth map to be played selected from a preset list of new maps and have the server to use them one by one.
This is what I usually think after playing same maps every day..
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

every time i make it so people have to vote new maps everyone rage quits

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=SagesRage
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=SagesRage »

Beautiful Post. I think its also important to recognize that personal opinion over game-play elements, and quality are not quite the same thing.

It's fair not to favor a map for personal reasons, (I.E I dislike joust style maps, but i still respect them) but its never appropriate to berate labor of someone else. Creativity does take labor. If something "Sucks" Explain what "Sucks" about it.

I had one of my maps put on the {WINGS} Server ages ago, albeit not the best of quality for I was less inexperienced. but seeing such negative and unwarranted criticism can be rather painful. As for you viper, I've enjoyed your maps thoroughly, and muffin knows how much I appreciate her work.

I've probably played something by you kev but didn't know lol.

All this being said, I think its time I contributed something to =(V)= this time around. Time to fire up the editor >:)
=(V)=bake44
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=bake44 »

I also agree/ Great job to all who put in the hard work.
:cow5
=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

Who in the world are you?

Doesn't matter I suppose, welcome to the forums and to Vulpine Mission :D
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

Return to “Mapping”