Map Edit for anybody

evilgrins
Forums Master

Map Edit for anybody

Post by evilgrins »

Most anybody who plays UT is probably somewhat familiar with THUNDERBOLT. He is, in my eyes anyway, an amazing mapper with only 1 significant flaw...

...on a majority of his maps he doesn't add bot-pathing.

I love to have back up, I'm very pro-bot.

That said, his maps are extremely intricate, they're generally massive, and for the most part (just shy of AngelHeart) the guy's got some of the most amazing maps I've ever seen.

A stretch back he made the bare bones of a map but abandoned the project. Posted into Destination Unreal's forums, he said anybody was welcome to take the project over and see what they could do with it.

Map in UnrealEd:

The map is based off this:

I did a walkthrough, it's freaking HUGE but it has no pathing, no monsters, no specified ending, no much of anything.

As most know I like to edit maps but I passed this over to Nelsona/Sektor2111 (as he'd as much said he'd like such a project) under the heading Wanna see what you can do with a blank slate? and he was initially VERY excited about the idea... but eventually didn't take to it.

If anyone else would like to take a crack at it · http://www.mediafire.com/download/zm3bf ... 9Giran.rar
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Map Edit for anybody

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

that looks cool. IDK if anyone here makes MH maps though

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

evilgrins wrote:Most anybody who plays UT is probably somewhat familiar with THUNDERBOLT. He is, in my eyes anyway, an amazing mapper with only 1 significant flaw...

...on a majority of his maps he doesn't add bot-pathing.

I love to have back up, I'm very pro-bot.

That said, his maps are extremely intricate, they're generally massive, and for the most part (just shy of AngelHeart) the guy's got some of the most amazing maps I've ever seen.

A stretch back he made the bare bones of a map but abandoned the project. Posted into Destination Unreal's forums, he said anybody was welcome to take the project over and see what they could do with it.

Map in UnrealEd:

The map is based off this:

I did a walkthrough, it's freaking HUGE but it has no pathing, no monsters, no specified ending, no much of anything.

As most know I like to edit maps but I passed this over to Nelsona/Sektor2111 (as he'd as much said he'd like such a project) under the heading Wanna see what you can do with a blank slate? and he was initially VERY excited about the idea... but eventually didn't take to it.

If anyone else would like to take a crack at it · http://www.mediafire.com/download/zm3bf ... 9Giran.rar
I've never done any MH maps, just DM and CTF, but the bot-pathing part should be relatively easy. I just had to redo my rig because the HDD was too slow, so replaced it with an SSD. Everything from the WD Raptor HDD, is still running as a secondary HDD now. In order to do the bot-pathing, I need to add a component into the editor where, when you click it, it analyzes the map and automatically sets bot-pathing up for me. I could at least do that. I'm bad though - I have so many maps that I need to finish and then give to RJ to upload. :omg-shocked
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

get to work slacker!! jk :)

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
evilgrins
Forums Master

Post by evilgrins »

So I posted this to a number of forums, for wider range of responses. Primarily only interest to work this map has been here, Hook's forum, and on ut99.org but I expect more mappers to want to try to see what they can do with it in about a week.

Same I told them I tell you, your edit of this map add something to the filename. Given eventually someone will try hosting this somewhere, it'd be best to avoid map name conflicts.

Some are thinking to keep it MH, some are thinking CTF, and Hook wants it converted for redeemer fights in DM.
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

Looks entirely too big for CTF, but that's just my opinion.

Hit up Mr.Loathsome over at the Single Player server that is modeled after the original Unreal from 1998. GoPostal hangs out there occasionally. I believe between the two of them, and perhaps yourself and Kevster, this project could probably see the light if all involved had a separate task to perform. If Killah still played and mapped, I'd bet she'd be all into this. Chamberly is a map builder, too.

You have options. It looks like an awesome map. I am gonna grab it.

:computer

~ Don't Let The Bastards Drag You Down ~
evilgrins
Forums Master

Post by evilgrins »

Both Loathsome & GoPostal saw it on the post I did at ut99.org, most likely.

For something this promising, wasn't gonna leave it to just 1 forum.
evilgrins
Forums Master

Post by evilgrins »

December last year, somebody finalized this · https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12599
medor
Forums Elite

Post by medor »

Return to “Mapping”