CTF-UTDM-BoomBoomBridge][SE

evilgrins
Forums Master

CTF-UTDM-BoomBoomBridge][SE

Post by evilgrins »

1st time I played MH-(UTW)BoomBoomBridge-v2 I marveled at how much it looked like a CTF map, and not just the identical bases on either side of the bridge but also the setup inside the bases just looked like it was designed for CTF play. So I'd been toying with the notion of converting, bouncing the idea off a friend (he's a wizard at pathing) when I was informed it was originally a CTF map.

Medor sent me some links upon my asking and I went through those 3 versions before deciding which one to edit.

Because I was used to it for MonsterHunt I wanted to keep that aspect going so I used UTDMW (Unreal Tournament Deathmatch Wardlords) first and then added UTDMT (Unreal Tournament Deathmatch Titans) to make it a ittle tougher. Fact is it's really easy for either team to win on this map, but these monsters make it a little trickier... although I suspect other human players would quickly find the easy access I use most often when playing.

Usual Suspects:
.u - /sysem
.umx - /music
.unr - /maps
.png = pwetty

Enjoy · http://www.mediafire.com/file/p9diigmlh ... Bridge.zip
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: CTF-UTDM-BoomBoomBridge][SE

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

nice thanks! I feel like you have posted a bunch of maps and I have failed to upload them to the server. I hope to do that this weekend.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
evilgrins
Forums Master

Post by evilgrins »

=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:22 amfeel like you have posted a bunch of maps and I have failed to upload them to the server
I have and cool!

Hope they work out well for there... would larger maps where RX can fly be better? I think I've submitted at least 2 where there's a lot of open air to fly, provided the pilots can avoid getting taken down by the UTDMW on them.

CTF - forum/viewtopic.php?f=106&t=5071

DM - forum/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=3423&hilit=lego
Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

Post by Orion's***Belt »

YES, in my humble opinion, small mapos with the RX only make for SPAM-FESTS. Endless explosions where sometimes just getting out of your base becomes a chore. Especially when you get noob players, and the RX's take a while to respawn.

So, my favorites are larger maps where flying skills come more into play. It's an entirely different CTF strategy than endless spamming. I hate when spammers sit outside the spawn base, and just keep killing and killing and killing. Never saw the fun in that. In the olden days of Strangelove servers, we would warn and even ban spawn base spammers. (OK< i know things have changed). But, you get the idea.

Larger maps, the Bedrooms ][ map is a great example, give more options for flying. After all, isn't the RX an advanced "Strangelove" flying machine??
=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

Orion's***Belt wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:16 pm YES, in my humble opinion, small mapos with the RX only make for SPAM-FESTS. Endless explosions where sometimes just getting out of your base becomes a chore. Especially when you get noob players, and the RX's take a while to respawn.

So, my favorites are larger maps where flying skills come more into play. It's an entirely different CTF strategy than endless spamming. I hate when spammers sit outside the spawn base, and just keep killing and killing and killing. Never saw the fun in that. In the olden days of Strangelove servers, we would warn and even ban spawn base spammers. (OK< i know things have changed). But, you get the idea.

Larger maps, the Bedrooms ][ map is a great example, give more options for flying. After all, isn't the RX an advanced "Strangelove" flying machine??
Duke has a point. The strategy in larger maps changes compared to smaller maps but I think we all know that. It's like, if we eliminated RX from the equation and we were only using NW/IG, use a smaller map with those weapons, now let's use a larger map. Same idea, especially if the normal weapons were set to disappear.

Joust maps, I do like once in a blue moon but I do prefer larger maps, unless we have less than 10 players, smaller maps would be suffice than, less clutter. But once we get into more than 8-10+ player range, we should not be playing joust maps, or maps that would be fitted for 4-8 players, that's absurd. But, who am I? lol
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

evilgrins
Forums Master

Post by evilgrins »

Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

Post by Orion's***Belt »

BTW, years ago, while in the UrS clan, we used to play BoomBoomBridge as a CTF map. I remember that map was the one when one of the other UrS members taught me to DUCK while flying the older SLV, and fly into the base window opening. It was a fast and easy way to get in there to grab the flag.

I know I have also played it as Monster Hunt, but the CTF version was one of my old favorites.

Hope to see it as a CTF map on the server. And, thanks for what you do. I really like the idea of reviving some of the old classic maps for current game play!
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit »

People want fast action. Run and gun. That was always a selling point of UT. Fast crazy action. It seems no one has the patients to play bigger maps. And I'm guilty as charged. I like the adrenaline filled action packed havoc.

I'd like bigger maps more if the RX wasnt so fast. It's super hard to hit a player jerking around on a RX. At least with slv you could snipe people which made being on a slv not always the best idea.

Big maps back in the day of slv were fun! But slv was so much slower than the RX

The benefit with a large map with RX everywhere is the auto lock on that makes it easier to kill these insanely fast maneuverable RX.

But people are good at out maneuvering the locked on RX. So it gets kind of boring on big maps. Someone gets flag and out maneuvers RX time after time. While you set up shop to get the EFC you have their teammates spamming you so it really slows down the game play.

The best maps are the in between maps that have a bigger area, not huge. Decent amount of rx, has the ig, and has tight spots too. I forget the name of that one map. But it's a great in between.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

evilgrins
Forums Master

Post by evilgrins »

Some bigger maps work better than some others.

This is the largest CTF map ever made, but so large action isn't usually that intense · https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... 20e85.html

This is also pretty huge, but the layout keeps the action intense · https://unreal-games.livejournal.com/99231.html

Return to “Mapping”