REQUEST - 4 team CTF maps

Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

REQUEST - 4 team CTF maps

Post by Orion's***Belt »

I was yacking on the phone last night with Bad-Co (Kevster's nephew), and the subject of four team CTF matches came up. Bad-Co said that he could not remember ever even seeing a 4 team CTF map, but had played on a few 4 team DeathMatch servers.

So, here's my challenge to you mappers: Create a 4 Team (Red, Blue, Green, Yellow) CTF map, and give it a try. There are lots of times when we have 8 players (that would be two member teams X 4 = 8) on the server, and that would be enough for an interesting time. The map can't be too complicated or big, the game would just drag out too long. But, a compact map with four flag positions would be great fun. Symmetry would be critical!

Kevster, if you and I could ever get together to teach me some mapping skills, I would love for this to be my first project.

Ideas? Thoughts? I know it's easy to reverse engineer a CTF map into a DM map (used to run a sniper server, and did just that by renaming the map from CTF- to DM-. But, don't think the reverse can be done. But I do know there are a bunch of four team DM maps out there, and maybe one of those could be re-done to become VM's first four team CTF map!
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: REQUEST - 4 team CTF maps

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

three are tons of 4 ctf maps if I recall. I will do some research soon,.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

Bringing back 4 way CTF would be awesome, in fact, if I remember correctly, we did it years ago for a little while.

4x2 4 ways, ha.
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit »

What's happening in my pants? SOMETHINGS HAPPENING IN MY PANTS!!!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

Post by Orion's***Belt »

Thanks for looking RJ. Not sure if they all will work with RX mod. Hopefully you will find some, and hopefully they will work.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Orion's***Belt wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:08 pm Thanks for looking RJ. Not sure if they all will work with RX mod. Hopefully you will find some, and hopefully they will work.
My memory may be hazy but im sure at one point Mar said the RX works with 4 way ctf

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
evilgrins
Forums Master

Post by evilgrins »

Orion's***Belt wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:08 pmCreate a 4 Team (Red, Blue, Green, Yellow) CTF map, and give it a try
CTF4 is one of my fave gametypes, I've got more than a few of the maps, though probably less than 50...
...however, you need to get the MultiCTF gametype to use them (CTF4 maps sometimes have the CTFM prefix too) which you can get from here - http://www.evilut.com/MultiCTF2Beta5_ZIP.zip

Also, highly recommend this map · http://www.evilut.com/HoG2.html

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

I'm hoping to get to try this weekend to get this up and running. I have to install my new remote car starter first :)

Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

Post by Orion's***Belt »

Only people who live in Holy Freezing Hell locations need car starters. So, sorry for your ass freezing mornings, buddy.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Orion's***Belt wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:13 am Only people who live in Holy Freezing Hell locations need car starters. So, sorry for your ass freezing mornings, buddy.
LOL cold doesn't bother me. It's mostly for my kid in the mornings. The starter is great in the hot ass summer too ;)

p.s fixed your sig since i moved all the images to their proper directory on the web server a few weren't showing in signatures.

=(V)=Blade_Runner
Forums Participant

Post by =(V)=Blade_Runner »

i think it would be nice to see and play ctf 4 maybe worth making one my self small one mind as test will it work on your sever rj or do you need to install additnal things to the server ?
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

=(V)=Blade_Runner wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:57 pm i think it would be nice to see and play ctf 4 maybe worth making one my self small one mind as test will it work on your sever rj or do you need to install additnal things to the server ?
have to install 4way ctf mutator.

=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

I've been pretty sick lately. I first thought that it was the flu, but found out yesterday that it's actually strep throat. Nasty case too. I have no idea who gave this to me, or where I picked it up or how, but it took me down like a baby, last weekend. Never knew the symptoms for strep throat were very similar to those of the flu. Has not been a fun week so far, take my word for it.

I'm on anti-biotics right now, so I should be much better in a few days. Then I can take a look at maybe making a 4-way CTF maps. I've only regular CTF maps to date.
=(V)=Blade_Runner
Forums Participant

Post by =(V)=Blade_Runner »

=(V)=Kevster wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:16 pm I've been pretty sick lately. I first thought that it was the flu, but found out yesterday that it's actually strep throat. Nasty case too. I have no idea who gave this to me, or where I picked it up or how, but it took me down like a baby, last weekend. Never knew the symptoms for strep throat were very similar to those of the flu. Has not been a fun week so far, take my word for it.

I'm on anti-biotics right now, so I should be much better in a few days. Then I can take a look at maybe making a 4-way CTF maps. I've only regular CTF maps to date.
get better soon kev i just done a small 4 ways ctf but for some reason i can only get it to play in unreal editor laucncing game from the editor but if normal way i carnt get it to work so i think i need some sort of mod for ut

Return to “Mapping”