Please add back a map.....

Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

Re: Please add back a map.....

Post by Orion's***Belt »

RJ, I added the CTF-((PsK))-Disco.zip file to the download file server. You should be able to grab that, and add it to the game server.
It plays well, and is fast paced for 2-4 players. Sure to be a hit again.
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit »

Orion's***Belt wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:56 am Thanks for adding the maps and files. I didn't ralize that a CTF4 required anything special in terms of the server. Thought that the game just instantly picked up on four bases, four flags, and equally divided the players.

Carlos was the only one that seemed to stay in touch. The one guy who I really tried to re-establish contact with was the original "COW", who's real name is/was John Greenough. He's a Brit, and an old guy like me. He was a retired printing company owner, which gave him the resources to endlessly fund a high end server. He lived far out in the countryside, and raised horses. I've asked most of the players who show up with the Union Jack flag, and none of them ever heard of John. The last thing I did with John was to set up, and run the USP server (Ultimate Strangelove Primates ). Subby was always active, and a good guy in my book.

Most of the old school SLV players got out of college, got real jobs, got busy (probably including marriage and kiddos), and moved away from the game.

One of the non-SLV groups I was part of was the MyUnreal group, headquartered by WES in NYC. We used to get together in Manhatten for LAN parties (back when that was a thing). Wes is still around, chatted with him a couple weeks ago. His daughter, who was just born around the time we had the last LAN party is just graduating from college. The myunreal.com web site apparently got hacked, database ruined. Wes is slowly putting that back on line. Not a lot of the old folks still wanting to post there, but it was a place where nice people gathered. Including the LOB (Lords of Brooklyn) people, and others. Again, that was mostly DM and plain weapon CTF. But, it goes back to the original days of the game in 1999.
Yeah I miss a lot of those people from that time period. Miss lan parties too.

Funny thing is we are living in that time period now when we think back in 10 or 20 yrs. I just love reminiscing the "good 'ol days" like you do with friends and family at a bbq or camp or get together. It's what binds us together as people.

Thanks for the memories DUKE.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

Orion's***Belt wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:49 am RJ, I added the CTF-((PsK))-Disco.zip file to the download file server. You should be able to grab that, and add it to the game server.
It plays well, and is fast paced for 2-4 players. Sure to be a hit again.
weird thing is it was already there. I cant seem to get it to show up in mapvote even after renaming it. The map may have protection on it

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

Post by Orion's***Belt »

Could someone with good admin rights please MOVE this thread to the MAPPING area?? I think it is better suited to live there, and not here.
Anyone??
=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

Orion's***Belt wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:58 pm Could someone with good admin rights please MOVE this thread to the MAPPING area?? I think it is better suited to live there, and not here.
Anyone??
:thumbup
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

Post by Orion's***Belt »

I double checked the BAMBOO map, and see that it already has plenty of RX's. However, when I originally uploaded all the files for RJ, I forgot to upload that one. I have since done so.

So, RJ, would you kindly add the Bamboo map to the server??

CTF-(UrS)Bamboo-(DJKekosMix).zip
Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

Post by Orion's***Belt »

How about instead of the COMPLETED sub section, maybe the MAPPING area is better choice, since a few of the maps are still in the process of being edited...???? Thanks Coty
=(V)=CandyMan wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:12 pm
Orion's***Belt wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:58 pm Could someone with good admin rights please MOVE this thread to the MAPPING area?? I think it is better suited to live there, and not here.
Anyone??
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Orion's***Belt wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:15 pm I double checked the BAMBOO map, and see that it already has plenty of RX's. However, when I originally uploaded all the files for RJ, I forgot to upload that one. I have since done so.

So, RJ, would you kindly add the Bamboo map to the server??

CTF-(UrS)Bamboo-(DJKekosMix).zip
added.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

Post by Orion's***Belt »

RJ,

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I edited the ((PsK))BridgesII map the same way I did the other two that I did, dropping RX's in where I wanted them. They show in the editor. I ran the "BUILD ALL" function, and renamed the map. When I fire up the renamed map, the RX's are NOT there. I've tried enabling "Stuff Swapper" which I have had for decades. No go.

I realize that I have to choose the Tournament WEAPON WarheadLauncher actor, because that's what UT99 needs as the actor.

Just re-again (redundant comment, but oh well) opened the OB version of BridgesII in UnrealEd (2.0) and see all the WarheadLaunchers there.

Am I missing a step?

Step 1: Install Warhead Launchers where you want them, presuming on correct floor level. <<<< OOPS, didn't check front and side views
Step 2: Run the Build ALL function, which goes through a routine fixing everything in place. CHECK
Step 3: Save map as something new. CHECK

Am I missing something???

Answered my own question. I had relied on only the top view for placing the RX's. Note to self: That's why the other views are there. Discovered that they were placed great on top view, but all of them ended up UNDER THE FLOOR when I build the map. Duh.

So, have elevated them to above the floor, rebuilt the map, and zipped it up as CTF-((PsK))BridgesIIOBfinal1 (with my cancer, I hope that's not prophetic!)
It's in that same download location you have been working from, RJ. Let me know if you need me to remind you where that was.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

i thought you drop redeemers on the map and let the mod replace them?

Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

Post by Orion's***Belt »

The guys are seeming to like the fk_SexyMap

So, I looked through some of the other great fk_ maps and found two that I was surprised were no longer in the server.

CTF-(fk)WhereAreTheBridges.zip

CTF-(fk)Bowlingball.zip

Links provided. Please (re)add these two to the server..... I think they were once both in there.
Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

Post by Orion's***Belt »

I really wish that function was in there, but it wasn't. Even Bad Co and Kevster confirmed that it would be nice to be able to do that, but it's more tedious to have to add every one.

DELETING the other actors is easy. Select one of them, and then choose Select all of tghe same actor. Delete, and it's good. But no select and replace.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:11 pm i thought you drop redeemers on the map and let the mod replace them?
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Orion's***Belt wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:08 am I really wish that function was in there, but it wasn't. Even Bad Co and Kevster confirmed that it would be nice to be able to do that, but it's more tedious to have to add every one.

DELETING the other actors is easy. Select one of them, and then choose Select all of tghe same actor. Delete, and it's good. But no select and replace.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:11 pm i thought you drop redeemers on the map and let the mod replace them?
here are all the removed FK maps and there was a reason i don't have time to show /tell what it was but it didn't work well with RX such as no jets as usually the culprit. So I would assume they all have to be edited before adding them back. I dont have the time to test them again. like i said though if they were removed they dont work with the current setup. Obviously dont include the ones you fixed already.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

Orion's***Belt wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:17 pm How about instead of the COMPLETED sub section, maybe the MAPPING area is better choice, since a few of the maps are still in the process of being edited...???? Thanks Coty
=(V)=CandyMan wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:12 pm
Anyone??
For some reason, I tried to move it there first the last time and it wouldn't allow me too, hence why I moved it to the Completed area but it seems now it allowed me too..

Anyways, done! lol
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

Post by Orion's***Belt »

I tested Bowling Ball and also Where are the bridges, and both have RX's and play well. I think the guys will like them both.
There seem to be plenty of RX's in both, but when the UCHIA trio come in, even thousands of RX's doesn't seem to be enough.

These two additional fk maps are the only two additional ones I would recommend. Thanks.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:32 pm
Orion's***Belt wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:08 am I really wish that function was in there, but it wasn't. Even Bad Co and Kevster confirmed that it would be nice to be able to do that, but it's more tedious to have to add every one.

here are all the removed FK maps and there was a reason i don't have time to show /tell what it was but it didn't work well with RX such as no jets as usually the culprit. So I would assume they all have to be edited before adding them back. I dont have the time to test them again. like i said though if they were removed they dont work with the current setup. Obviously dont include the ones you fixed already.

Return to “Mapping”