we need some mapping help

Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

we need some mapping help

Post by Orion's***Belt »

I've suggested some older maps, which were great favorites..... Some of them were designed for the old SLV mod, and need some updating for the RX> Really, just exchanging Flack Guns (Clockwork map) for RX's, etc....

The lost of maps to get looked at is at:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=5257

There are just a co9uple that needed to get fixed. Kevster and the other mappers here might be able to make a quick fix on the necessary maps.

Nice thing is that once the RX's get updated on the maps, they are really going to become popular to play maps again.

So, calling all you mappers out there!!!
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Re: we need some mapping help

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit »

I'm too busy with stuff right now. It's simple anyone with basic map skills can do. If I get a chance I'll do it. Anyone else volunteer?
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

no one cares about us :*(

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

I'll get it done. Pls give me a few weeks unless someone beats me.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

:beatdead

^There
Now DO IT, Rabbit

:cow3

~ Don't Let The Bastards Drag You Down ~
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

=(V)=~Sean~ wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:18 am :beatdead

^There
Now DO IT, Rabbit

:cow3
Ow! That tickles stop it

Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

Post by Orion's***Belt »

Rubber hose. Leaves no marks.....

Back on subject............

I am able to play the Disco map locally with no issues.

The map was created by one of the PsK members, BewareTehGr00v3

He did a few nice maps for the group, back in the day, including the Clockworks map.

So, not sure what the issue with loading it is, unless you missed one of the supporting files..... Boogie.u (in the /System Folder) and sky.utx (in the /Textures folder)
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Orion's***Belt wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:39 am Rubber hose. Leaves no marks.....

Back on subject............

I am able to play the Disco map locally with no issues.

The map was created by one of the PsK members, BewareTehGr00v3

He did a few nice maps for the group, back in the day, including the Clockworks map.

So, not sure what the issue with loading it is, unless you missed one of the supporting files..... Boogie.u (in the /System Folder) and sky.utx (in the /Textures folder)
the problem is it doesn't show in mapvote not sure why. the map has been on the server for years just never has shown

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

Post by Orion's***Belt »

I know that there are some maps, originally designed as DM maps, that can be merely re-named, and thereby turned into CTF maps, adding the flags, etc, automatically.

I don't think that is the case with the map in question. It's been too long since the map was newly created, but I was there in that clan when it was. I think it was always designed as a CTF map. But, just wondering if that could be a reason why the MapVoteLA refuses to list it. Or, maybe you are missing part of the archive files (that is why I mentioned the two additional parts of the archive in the earlier post). Make sure the server has everything it needs to feed the map out to players. I also don;t know if the original author (Groovy) put some kind of link in the map that no longer exists, causing MapVoteLA to barf on it. That's where the mappers would be able to analyze the map, and not only add RX's. But, also be able to fix any other glitches that are causing the MapVoteLA issue.

Thanks in advance to working on these. I know the community has a bunch of maps that get over played. MY hope is that they will discover some of these old maps as new maps, and get hooked on them. It will add to the amazing play ability of the games on the server. _fk_sexyMap, for example...... that should become a high rated favorite!!
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

maps will show regardless of missing files. maybe try making a local server then playing the map if you get time. I am not sure why it wont show in mapvote

Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

Post by Orion's***Belt »

Works fine from the local server test. That is, with SLV. I don't have access to install the RX.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Orion's***Belt wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:28 pm Works fine from the local server test. That is, with SLV. I don't have access to install the RX.
dunno if you saw my message its working now.

Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

Post by Orion's***Belt »

RJ,
With some help from Bad Co (Kevster is his uncle), I was able to figure out how to do Unreal Edit 2.0 (I have 2.1 but can't get the views to show properly.), and replaced FLAK guns with RX's in one of the maps, CTF-((PsK))ClockworkOB.unr

I wish there was a simple REPLACE ALL function, but that doesn't seem to exist. The easiest way seemed to have been to select all FLAK guns and delete those, and then drop RX's in appropriate places on the floor. I think I have it pretty well populated, and symmetrical. I have named the new version of the map: CTF-((PsK))ClockworkOB.unr

I have uploaded it to my ftp server as before, where you can grab it, and drop it into the mix. Might be better if we just use the renamed version, remove the FLAK gun version, and just go that way. NOt sure if it would work just using the new version of the map with a same name. This is my first time doing this. So, you decide how to replace this map file.

Here's where the file is:
CTF-((PsK))ClockworkOB.unr

I'd really like to learn how to make a panel for the wall in the map, to honor the memory of the map's original designer, a guy who's game name was: TeHGroove << yes, he spelled it that way. I don;t want any credit for this map, it was Groovy's design.

Bad Co is working on the other map ((PsK))Disco in need of swapping the FLAK guns with deemers, and said that he knows how to make the memorial panel, and will put it up on that map.

I'll have to check, but I think those two maps are the only ones with the FLAK gun issue.

Let me know if I have to zip the file up, instead of just placing it for download as the .unr version. And, thanks for adding these neat maps to the line up. They are sure to become new favorites. Nelly Furtardo is already getting a lot of game play.
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

You renamed the map and recompiled it right? Sorry just checking since it's your first.

Like ctf-disco-RXedit instead of ctf-disco

Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

Post by Orion's***Belt »

YES!! Bad Co walked me through how to rebuild it, and I renamed it. I merely added the OB at the end of the name, so that it has a different name.

And, also just finished the CTF-((PsK))BridgesIIOB.unr map also!!
Here's the download for that one......

CTF-((PsK))BridgesIIOB.unr

Return to “Mapping”