I have an RX question.

evilgrins
Forums Master

I have an RX question.

Post by evilgrins »

Does the RX normally make everything green?

I'm do an edit with 2 RX on it, both made by RoseBum. 1 is their flying saucer so I assumed the green was due to the whole alien thing... but I've noticed the RX jet is doing the green thing too.

This wouldn't be an issue except the green gets more intense the more you ride those things and about 4 to 5 rides in you can barely see anything at all.

So... is this green thing true of all RX or it just from these RoseBum ones?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: I have an RX question.

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

yeah that's the old school/original way. green is to simulate being behind the glass cockpit from what I was told many years ago.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit »

That explains why I remember both! Also, I didnt know that. Awesome!!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

=(V)=Mar
Colonel

Post by =(V)=Mar »

=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:28 pm yeah that's the old school/original way. green is to simulate being behind the glass cockpit from what I was told many years ago.
^This is true. But there is a bug on some rx versions (And early SLV) that the green screen is not reset. So each time you get on the jet you get more green.
Most likely you are not using the most recent versions of rosebum RXs (or maybe the latest version is the one affected?) you will need to test multiple versions to see if it was affected by that bug.
evilgrins
Forums Master

Post by evilgrins »

=(V)=Mar wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:08 amMost likely you are not using the most recent versions of rosebum RXs (or maybe the latest version is the one affected?) you will need to test multiple versions to see if it was affected by that bug.
I've replaced RoseBum's RX already, but there seems to be only 1 kind of Flying Saucer.

I've noted that if i ride the thing all the way to the point it runs out of fuel, then the green goes away; I can fly to somewhere else with the Bat Wings from there... but the green stays if I get shot down or crash. Sometimes another ride in the saucer all the way to another out of fuel can take that away, but if not it's stuck that way until the next game.

So far in my testing I've only been doing dogfights with Warlords, and dodging bots shooting at me from the platforms. When I've got a stable selection of flying devices I'm hoping to post to this forum so more experienced flyers can take a spin and assess.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

=(V)=Mar wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:08 am
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:28 pm yeah that's the old school/original way. green is to simulate being behind the glass cockpit from what I was told many years ago.
^This is true. But there is a bug on some rx versions (And early SLV) that the green screen is not reset. So each time you get on the jet you get more green.
Most likely you are not using the most recent versions of rosebum RXs (or maybe the latest version is the one affected?) you will need to test multiple versions to see if it was affected by that bug.
omg how are you! been a long time!!

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

Post by Orion's***Belt »

VIDEO drivers for the game also play an important role in success with the RX, flying sauxcers, jets, etc.

The Direct3D V9 (which is NOT the newest version) is the one that works great for me, irregardless of what I am flying.
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

Evil Grins - There may be more than one Alien-X.

I flew one where it could slow down to a dead stop while flying, and then another that would only slow up as much as the Wings Venom-X. People have opened up this code and adjusted it to their liking. I am sure the greenish color could be adjusted to clear. I have seen this with an older video card and assorted renderers.

I don't see it anymore now with a newer gaming rig.

~ Don't Let The Bastards Drag You Down ~
medor
Forums Elite

Post by medor »

I use to D3D9 and have not green at all
you can found my test and settings here ; i think that come from my render set

http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/foru ... =51&t=3604
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

I am hopping on this post because... well just because it may be related somewhat.

Please see the screen shot :

https://ibb.co/svttvsS

and * evil grins * - I'd like to ask you if you have ever messed with this map : 2050 Space Base ver. 3

The Ultraman capsule, the Telefrag gun, the Apache Chopper ..... so much more could been done with it and maybe still can.

Lure the Warlords down to ground level..... Add the AlienX somewhere.... Add the BatWings

We could have fun with this without turning it into a friggin' spam fest!

:flying1

~ Don't Let The Bastards Drag You Down ~

Return to “Mods, Coding & Programs”