CTF-Braveheart[R]

=(V)=Rurik
Pilot First Class

Re: CTF-Braveheart[R]

Post by =(V)=Rurik »

Thanks Spectra!

Btw, I realized that the map is stored in a Pendrive that I left at home. So It will take some time before I can upload the map.
Sorry for the incovenience.
ImageSignature by =(V)=D/\SH!

Jeg har ingenting, men jeg har alt når jeg har deg.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Image
=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

=(V)=Viper wrote:You just have to watch the skyboxes and details you add in maps. I know people like to say mine are bland looking and don't show a whole lot of detail but it's because I try to make my maps as functional as possible with the RX. RX in itself is a shit ton of data being produced when a player is in the server. From the HUD and dynamics of yourself playing, to the details and functions of the jets flying around you, there's a lot of stress that it not only puts on the server but puts on the players as well. The maps with skyboxes and extra details to them tend to drop player's framerates dramatically and causes them to lag and not be able to truly appreciate the work you've put into it and gets less voted. I feel bad sometimes because there are some maps out there I really like, but I can't play because there's too much in the map that causes my framerate to go below my standards and I can't bring out my full playing abilities. Just something to keep in mind for the future if you're looking to score big in the RX community map area.

That is correct. The more detailed you make a map, the slower it's going to be. Everything has to be drawn over the network (Internet) and that takes bandwidth and server resources. Just like that remake map of Narrow which was taken from UT2k4. Map looks nice but is horribly slow because the unreal 2 engine can't handle it. Skyboxes are no exception. They also claim high amounts of server resources. Viper, I like your maps because they look good and also perform well. This is also how I'll be designing maps going forward. Best to keep the high poly maps for standard weapon CTF environments.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

actually it doesn't tax the server at all. it strictly taxes the ut engine itself. server side and client side.. it just cant handle it.

I have 4 ut servers and ts running from my home server which is only an overclocked core 2 duo (3.84GHz) with 4gb ram.

I never see the resources go over 10-15% unless MH crashes it lol then it spikes 100% lol

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
Spectra
Forums Participant

Post by Spectra »

Hey Rurik!
Is the map ready??
Forums: http://unreal-india.pro-forum.co.uk/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ut99india/

=(V)=Rurik
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=Rurik »

It is indeed ready Spectra, but I don't have the file.
It's in a pendrive that I left in my house back in El Salvador (I'm living in Argentina).

I'll ask my brother to send me the map.

Image Image
=(V)=Rurik
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=Rurik »

Image Image
=(V)=Kevster

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

=(V)iper= wrote:You just have to watch the skyboxes and details you add in maps. I know people like to say mine are bland looking and don't show a whole lot of detail but it's because I try to make my maps as functional as possible with the RX. RX in itself is a shit ton of data being produced when a player is in the server. From the HUD and dynamics of yourself playing, to the details and functions of the jets flying around you, there's a lot of stress that it not only puts on the server but puts on the players as well. The maps with skyboxes and extra details to them tend to drop player's framerates dramatically and causes them to lag and not be able to truly appreciate the work you've put into it and gets less voted. I feel bad sometimes because there are some maps out there I really like, but I can't play because there's too much in the map that causes my framerate to go below my standards and I can't bring out my full playing abilities. Just something to keep in mind for the future if you're looking to score big in the RX community map area.
Yes, Viper is correct. I have a habit of making my maps suit me aesthetically but what this ultimately does, is slow down the gameplay. Viper's maps are built without a lot of extras for the reason he states. For this reason, his maps are very playable. You don't need tons of horsepower to play his maps. This is a good thing. After I'm done with my Star Wars maps, I'll be building in the same fashion as Viper.
:thumbup
=(V)=Kevster

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

=(V)=Kevster wrote:
=(V)=Viper wrote:You just have to watch the skyboxes and details you add in maps. I know people like to say mine are bland looking and don't show a whole lot of detail but it's because I try to make my maps as functional as possible with the RX. RX in itself is a shit ton of data being produced when a player is in the server. From the HUD and dynamics of yourself playing, to the details and functions of the jets flying around you, there's a lot of stress that it not only puts on the server but puts on the players as well. The maps with skyboxes and extra details to them tend to drop player's framerates dramatically and causes them to lag and not be able to truly appreciate the work you've put into it and gets less voted. I feel bad sometimes because there are some maps out there I really like, but I can't play because there's too much in the map that causes my framerate to go below my standards and I can't bring out my full playing abilities. Just something to keep in mind for the future if you're looking to score big in the RX community map area.

That is correct. The more detailed you make a map, the slower it's going to be. Everything has to be drawn over the network (Internet) and that takes bandwidth and server resources. Just like that remake map of Narrow which was taken from UT2k4. Map looks nice but is horribly slow because the unreal 2 engine can't handle it. Skyboxes are no exception. They also claim high amounts of server resources. Viper, I like your maps because they look good and also perform well. This is also how I'll be designing maps going forward. Best to keep the high poly maps for standard weapon CTF environments.
Almost forgot to give you kudos on a job well-done Rurik. Map looks really nice. :thumbup

Return to “Completed Maps”