CTF-VMLockerRoom (Finished!)

=(V)=Mar
Colonel

Re: CTF-VMLockerRoom (Finished!)

Post by =(V)=Mar »

=(V)=_The_Greek_ wrote:Just out of curiosity...Why does it create that error since it's basically the same map?
It is not the same, they are just 2 different files with the same name.
=(V)=_The_Greek_ wrote: Also irrelevant question...Does editing the skin of the RX work in the same way as editing textures in an map?
Yes, same thing. Although Defrost from SLV added a way to change skin of jet dynamically so it doesnt not need recompiling (changing everything again).
You just make a texture package that contains the skin and in INI, you add the path to the new skin. But It need a new texture package for each time you change skins.
=(V)=]v[yster
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=]v[yster »

Played your map for first time Monday, nice Kev! I enjoyed how its gameplay and strategies differ from what is usually being played. If I had my way, there'd be an IG at respawn, since everything is so open and its purpose would be limited though somewhat helpful. Unlike some maps where paths are predictable and the IG can be a dominant weapon. Thanks for your labors :yourock
DeM

Post by DeM »

=(V)=]v[yster wrote:Played your map for first time Monday, nice Kev! I enjoyed how its gameplay and strategies differ from what is usually being played. If I had my way, there'd be an IG at respawn, since everything is so open and its purpose would be limited though somewhat helpful. Unlike some maps where paths are predictable and the IG can be a dominant weapon. Thanks for your labors :yourock
=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

Mar and Greek

Here's a link to my dropbox where you grab CTF-VMLockerRoom_Fixed. The starting weapons in the shower are now all super shock rifles. I also found and corrected a few brush alignment issues as well. Let me know if you have any trouble getting into dropbox. :thumbup

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0crr5ibung7vl ... _Fixed.rar
Last edited by =(V)=Kevster on Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
=(V)=Kevster

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

DeM wrote:
=(V)=]v[yster wrote:Played your map for first time Monday, nice Kev! I enjoyed how its gameplay and strategies differ from what is usually being played. If I had my way, there'd be an IG at respawn, since everything is so open and its purpose would be limited though somewhat helpful. Unlike some maps where paths are predictable and the IG can be a dominant weapon. Thanks for your labors :yourock
You got your wish DeM! I did exactly that. All starting weapons in the shower are now super shock rifles. :)
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

=(V)=Kevster wrote:Mar and Greek

Here's a link to my dropbox where you grab CTF-VMLockerRoom_Fixed. The starting weapons in the shower are now all super shock rifles. I also found and corrected a few brush alignment issues as well. Let me know if you have any trouble getting into dropbox. :thumbup

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0crr5ibung7vl ... _Fixed.rar

installing now

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
NyteBlayDe
Forums Master

Post by NyteBlayDe »

Looks cool,Kev :)

I'll try it.
Signature made by =(V)=D/\SH
evilgrins
Forums Master

Post by evilgrins »

This is a very nice map, as far as detail and whatnot. Seemed a little bright for my tastes (has there ever been a bright locker room in the world?) but that's no big deal.

My one gripe is no bot-pathing... as I often play offline with bots.
=(V)=Kevster

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

evilgrins wrote:This is a very nice map, as far as detail and whatnot. Seemed a little bright for my tastes (has there ever been a bright locker room in the world?) but that's no big deal.

My one gripe is no bot-pathing... as I often play offline with bots.
Yea, did that on purpose because I designed it primarily as an RX map. If you want though, I can bot path it for you, change the name slightly and provide a d/l link for you? Let me know.
NightWolf
Forums Elite

Post by NightWolf »

i still want our names on lockers lol
evilgrins
Forums Master

Post by evilgrins »

=(V)=Kevster wrote:If you want though, I can bot path it for you, change the name slightly and provide a d/l link for you? Let me know.
Nah, it's okay.

Bots don't do RX very well. I've got 1 MH Star Wars themed map with RX on it and no pathing, but the bots go RX crazy anytime a monster wanders into the starting room.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

bots will crash the server using rx as well :(

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=Kevster

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

I have a mini version of Joust in the makings. It's called CTF-VMMini-Joust. Playing offline, bots grab the rx's and shoot me right and left lol. Those little bastard bots are ruthless! It's hilarious and really fun though. Soon as I get the glass working correctly, I'll get it ready for the server upload. :)

Return to “Completed Maps”