CTF-VMLockerRoom (Finished!)

medor
Forums Elite

Re: CTF-VMLockerRoom (Finished!)

Post by medor »

=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:please upload it to the forum or use a legitimate download site such as drop box.

Not speed but save http://medor.no-ip.org/
http://medor.no-ip.org/index.php?dir=Ma ... erRoom.rar
GEx
Forums Participant

Post by GEx »

Looking nice by the pics..... GJ!
Downloaded! ;)
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

on the server ready to rock

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

Thanks RJ! May the force be with you! :peace
=(V)=_The_Greek_
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=_The_Greek_ »

I think it's a good map, mostly for 8+ players. I like how the lockers are situated, there are plenty of places to fly through and hide. I think the IG is very important in this map and I m glad there is one. If it was me, instead of putting a different weapon in each shower, I would make all three of them available in all of them.

Good job Kev :thumbup
=(V)=Kevster

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

=(V)=_The_Greek_ wrote:I think it's a good map, mostly for 8+ players. I like how the lockers are situated, there are plenty of places to fly through and hide. I think the IG is very important in this map and I m glad there is one. If it was me, instead of putting a different weapon in each shower, I would make all three of them available in all of them.

Good job Kev :thumbup
Hi Greekster!

I thought about that (the weapons thing), but wasn't sure whether to do it or not. So I just went with what I did. Did you notice the jump boots in each player start? I did that so that anyone who plays the map without a translocator, can get out of the shower. Otherwise, you're stuck in there. Glad you like it though. It was a lot of work. Having somebody like your work, makes it all worth it. :thumbup
=(V)=_The_Greek_
Pilot First Class

I played the map again and I noticed that the weapons in each base are not the same. The red base has Sniper Rifles in all three showers and no IGs. So I think that needs to be fixed
DeM

Post by DeM »

cool map kev!! gj!!
=(V)=Mar
Colonel

Post by =(V)=Mar »

medor wrote:
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:please upload it to the forum or use a legitimate download site such as drop box.

Not speed but save http://medor.no-ip.org/
http://medor.no-ip.org/index.php?dir=Ma ... erRoom.rar
Thanks for the mirror, Medor! :thumbup
=(V)=Kevster

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

=(V)=_The_Greek_ wrote:I played the map again and I noticed that the weapons in each base are not the same. The red base has Sniper Rifles in all three showers and no IGs. So I think that needs to be fixed
You know, I didn't notice that, until I just went into unrealed 2.1. Hmm. Thanks for picking that up. Alright. What weapon or weapons would you like to see start in the shower? Are the RX's ok outside the shower or would you think it would be better to have them inside or in both places?

I can fix it. Will just give the map a slightly different name. Then Mar or whoever, can kill the original map. Sound good?

Someone tonight, said that there's too many lockers. What do you think? I mean, with 8+ players, you need a fairly large map, so the lockers seem (as you said), to provide coverage or places to hide. Let me know.
=(V)=_The_Greek_
Pilot First Class

I think the map is just fine the way it is regarding the lockers. It's nice to have a lot of room to fly and hide. This map is meant to be played on a full server.

Regarding the weapons, the important thing is that they are the same in both bases to keep things fair. My suggestion would be to have only sniper+IG available in each shower, but it's your map so it's your decision. The RXs are perfect where they are in my opinion. There's no need to change the name of the map. Just edit the weapons and send only the .unr file, keeping the same name. We can just replace that one with the one we already have on the server.
=(V)=Mar
Colonel

Post by =(V)=Mar »

=(V)=_The_Greek_ wrote:[...] There's no need to change the name of the map. Just edit the weapons and send only the .unr file, keeping the same name. We can just replace that one with the one we already have on the server.
!
Can't be the same name or it will throw a "Version Mismatch" error. It needs to be renamed like CTF-VMLockerRoomFixed or something like that. But just the .unr file, since is the only one that will be changing.
=(V)=_The_Greek_
Pilot First Class

Yes that's true. I got the impression that he was planning on changing the map name completely, which is ok if he wants to do that since it's his map. I think we can keep the original name but with a small change as Mar said.

Any chance Kevster you could also use KingKong's idea? I think that would really be awesome, but I understand it's a lot of hard work..so no problem if you don't have the time for it.
=(V)=Kevster

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

=(V)=Mar wrote:
=(V)=_The_Greek_ wrote:[...] There's no need to change the name of the map. Just edit the weapons and send only the .unr file, keeping the same name. We can just replace that one with the one we already have on the server.
!
Can't be the same name or it will throw a "Version Mismatch" error. It needs to be renamed like CTF-VMLockerRoomFixed or something like that. But just the .unr file, since is the only one that will be changing.
Exactly. So, I'll fix it and get it out to you. In any event, I'll make it something that relates to it being a fixed version of the map. Like Mar suggested or even CTF-VMLockerRoom_WF (WF=Weapons Fix) :thumbup
=(V)=_The_Greek_
Pilot First Class

Just out of curiosity...Why does it create that error since it's basically the same map?

Also irrelevant question...Does editing the skin of the RX work in the same way as editing textures in an map?

Return to “Completed Maps”