CTF-(VIP)$ : The second to $-(AV)

=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

CTF-(VIP)$ : The second to $-(AV)

Post by =(V)iper= »

(AV) was my original work to the $ series, I know people enjoy this map for it's simple maneuvering design and fast paced action involved with it (I'm speaking the original $ map constructed not mine) and I want to look into seeing what I can become of it. A few thoughts I had in mind:

-=(V)= clan oriented (so it'd be CTF-(VIP)=(V)=$ or something)
-Updated design of the tunnels to make it as clean as possible without deterring from the map it's designed to be. I was thinking even turning it into a "3" type shape but I can make that in a future AA type map.
-Needs the required amount of RXs to keep everyone in the air, obviously.
-Possibly a version of my new spawn pool layout that you see in =(V)=Sidewinder, only with a vertical drop of into the pool below to keep it's original layout intact.
-Redesign of the middle tunnel that leads between the bases. I might even try to make a "walk only" IG design so it keeps to the ground fighters with a way to take out walking flag carriers as they reach the middle of the map.

I would like some major feedback before even starting this project. I know there's many versions of $ out there but only 2 actually on server. So everyone's input is extremely valuable in this case. And as an added extra to this, when/if I finish this, I'd like it to be the replacement to my original one on server.

So post away give me some ideas what you want and don't want.

If you want to stroke my ego, be sure to spit on it first
=(V)=_The_Greek_
Pilot First Class

Re: CTF-(VIP)$ : The second to $-(AV)

Post by =(V)=_The_Greek_ »

1) In (AV) I like the bigger area around the pool which makes spawnkilling more difficult compared to Remake. This is a good thing so it would be nice to keep it.

2) I believe that the IG is too far away compared to where you land when you jump. So in case you die, by the time you respawn and jump, the enemy FC is already gone. I think it would be more fun if you could find a way to help players access the IG faster. Maybe place it in the top spawn area or inside the pool.

3) More RXs are needed as you mentioned.

4) I don't really like the grey textures. A bit more color and cool lightning would be awesome

5) Maybe put some obstacles or make the flying areas a bit smaller to make it a bit more challenging.

6) Perhaps a sniper high point accessible with a lift for those who like to use the sniper rifle.

EDIT: Idea that I ve always thought it would be awesome in a map

I would really love a map with lots of illuminating lighting like the one you used to make the =(V)=s in Sidewinder. An illuminating circle around the flag (perhaps even an illuminating flag), illuminating stripes on the walls and some small lights on the floor (like the airport lanes). Then at random points during the map, all lights go off except the illuminating lights that I described above. And of course you ll be able to see the jets flying because of their colored trails and the light generated by the IGs. I think it would look really awesome.
DeM

Post by DeM »

^^
and less lag plz..
flag area have something that make me lag....
=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

Turn dynamic lighting off in your options DEM that'll fix any issues you have with that map.

And Greek, it's a decent idea, not entirely sure how I can do the lighting thing but I can take a look and see what can become of it. I think that might be a bit of a throw off for everyone though, and I want to maintain the original style of the map and keep the fast pace going.

=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

Day 1 of working on this map, here is what the colored finished structure looks like. You will start off in the upper section blocks you see at the top of it, which leads to a 2 way tunnel down into the "money pool." Only thing left is adding the essentials (weapons, spawns, etc). Should be done tomorrow.

(VIP)$.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

Lookin good :D
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

Post by Cross_Eyed_Noob »

Please tell me that we will spawn from the $ logo please lol
GEx
Forums Participant

Post by GEx »

I like the textures :bigrazz
=(V)=Rurik
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=Rurik »

Awesome work mate!
ImageSignature by =(V)=D/\SH!

Jeg har ingenting, men jeg har alt når jeg har deg.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Image
=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote:Please tell me that we will spawn from the $ logo please lol
It's the pool you land in

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

=(V)iper= wrote:
Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote:Please tell me that we will spawn from the $ logo please lol
It's a pool of JIZZ you land in
:omg-shocked

:laugh :laugh

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

Post by Cross_Eyed_Noob »

oh well, then the tunnel will be at your right when you land I guess ?

Kinda irritates me lol

I prefer the map structure of $-Remake, it just feels more challenging that way idk why :P
=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote:oh well, then the tunnel will be at your right when you land I guess ?

Kinda irritates me lol

I prefer the map structure of $-Remake, it just feels more challenging that way idk why :P
No, you'll start off in a small block room and will jump down and you will land in the pool, just like the original $, only it's a portal that leads down through it, and I'm making it so when you go through you'll pick up an ESR right off the bat.

NyteBlayDe
Forums Master

Post by NyteBlayDe »

=(V)iper= wrote:Day 1 of working on this map, here is what the colored finished structure looks like. You will start off in the upper section blocks you see at the top of it, which leads to a 2 way tunnel down into the "money pool." Only thing left is adding the essentials (weapons, spawns, etc). Should be done tomorrow.

(VIP)$.jpg
Looking great ,Vip ,Great job :thumbup
Signature made by =(V)=D/\SH
=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

BUMP: I haven't gotten too much feedback from this yet but what I'm looking for from people is more of the texture and light scheme I have set up. I plan on using the same text layout for 2-3 more maps mostly because it's easy to work with, so let me know how this works out.

Next plans on maps are Narrow Series Pt. 2 (4, 5 with my own layout, and 6)
And XV's new version

Return to “Projects in Progress & Feedback”