CTF-(VIP)AVA New Updates

=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

CTF-(VIP)AVA New Updates

Post by =(V)iper= »

I'm at work right now so the pictures will be soon to come. However, I would like to start discussing the layout for this map and the feedback to the overall design of what I am doing for this map.

You will notice very few similarities to what AVA and AA have from old to new formats. For one, the entry to base (the spawning pool) will be somewhat similiar to what you've seen from my most recent maps like $, Sidewinder, and 2Rings2014. It will have a drop zone into a pool like $ had without the giant pool sitting in the middle. The flag will no longer be hanging from the ceiling of the bases but rather in an off-centered corner I added to the bases that will have a tight entry/exit which will allow for a more challenging offensive struggle in obtaining the flag. The main tunnels are the same width with a slightly lowered height for a more, once again, offensive struggle against a decent defender or an IG camper. I haven't added where I want to place the IG at this time I'm still deciding that. The cross section of the "A" or the shortened path is very tight, like I had before on AA only this time it's 1 main tunnel rather than 2, with obstacles in the way to make it so you have to have somewhat decent flying skill to make it through (This avoids people from taking it so often and pushes more for the main tunnel usage). You can also be easily shot in these tunnels from your average IG player. The old trigger I had in the spawning pool will no longer be in there (You know that little invisible box people use to hit in the pool that would say "Stop Spawnkilling" or something along those lines). I'm also on a heads up whether or not I want to add TC to this map, because it doesn't take long to get from one side to the other as is. There will be also a new feature I'm going to add to this map that I haven't added to any maps on purpose, which will be a flag carriers defensive position. Which that means, when you are a flag carrier, you will have a room to where you can sit with the flag that will give, once again, an offensive struggle to get to where you are. I am focusing all my efforts to making this a fast-paced defensive map. Us offensive players have had too many maps where it's easy for us to get the flags, and now I want to return the favor to the defensive players and give them the ultimate edge of brick walling their base and making only those skilled enough to make it, a chance to show off their skills and tricks.

This map has also inspired me to recreate a classic series known as the TotalCommitment series. But this will be put off to the side for a few projects I'm working on. So what you can expect to come out of the next (VIP) map world for 2016 is: Narrow Series 1-10, AVA will be next, TotalCommitment, =(V)=TrainingFacility, Twisted, =(V)=$$ (Remake to old), and if I make it to the 40th map, XL.

Thank you all, I hope to be quite busy in the next few months and make you a whole new series to (VIP).

http://vulpinemission.com/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=593

Click above for the complete list of the (VIP) series

If you want to stroke my ego, be sure to spit on it first
=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Re: CTF-(VIP)AVA New Updates

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

I can't wait to see how this map turns out.

But not to bust your bubble or anything but I think Kevster mentioned on doing a TrainingFacility map, I could be mistaken though but I swear I saw it posted somewhere. Anyways, I am sure it won't stop you or him from making the map anyways. Both of you do fantastic work when it comes to maps, that's all I know.
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

=(V)=D/\SH
Colonel

Post by =(V)=D/\SH »

wooooah 40 maps.... those map boner people are gonne explode HEHE

but awesome man
and this new one..sounds tricky as hell
gonna have to get rid of this stolen library mouse and get me a better one if im to be flying for that flag ;)

cant wait to try though
=(V)=Pie
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=Pie »

This sounds like such a great map! I can picture it really well from how you described it. Can't wait to see the photos! =-D

Signature by Dash. Thank you!
=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

=(V)=CandyMan wrote:I can't wait to see how this map turns out.

But not to bust your bubble or anything but I think Kevster mentioned on doing a TrainingFacility map, I could be mistaken though but I swear I saw it posted somewhere. Anyways, I am sure it won't stop you or him from making the map anyways. Both of you do fantastic work when it comes to maps, that's all I know.
It will always have a (VIP) mark. Kevster, even if you want to brainstorm an idea of a 2 different style map then I will gladly team up with you on it.

=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

Here are your first teaser looks at what's to come ahead. The first shot is of the bases and off to the right where the ceiling is lowered and squared off is where players will be falling down from, and to the left where you see the dark gray angled roof lowered, that is where your flag is going to be located. There is a choke point right at the entrance to every base (Shown on the left the darker gray, smaller tunnel piece. Again this is all a defensive map to give those the edge over the offensive players.

To me I'm making it a tournament worthy map.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NyteBlayDe
Forums Master

Post by NyteBlayDe »

=(V)=Pie wrote:This sounds like such a great map! I can picture it really well from how you described it. Can't wait to see the photos! =-D
Me too :goodluck
Signature made by =(V)=D/\SH
=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

Tonight's update on working on this map I've done some killer modifications to those pictures you see above. There's more color trim around the bases, I've added the spawning doors for both sides, and I've added a "Flag Carrier Safezone" up above (if you see the picture with the light in the center, that's now a warp zone to this new location). The Safezone is also complete with a viewbox to your enemy's Safezone where you can see the action taking place going on in the other room. Don't worry, I'm adding a locking system to prevent you from getting to one side to the other, and even as a failsafe it'll be a acidzone which means you'll die instantly upon entering and if you're holding the flag it'll automatically return itself. I can't show you pictures of it now because it'll only confuse you even more since, well, it's only via UnrealEd this is completed. Next on my to-do list is to add lights, put the coding for the warzones, and add a spawn base (Which will have 2 ways of which you may exit, one by flying out, one dropping into the pool below). This is something I'm extremely excited on making and I'm actually going to go back into working on it after this post. I will keep you updated the closer I get to completion!

Oh, and did I forget to mention? This will be another
=(V)= map? Oh I didn't? Well it will be!

=(V)=D/\SH
Colonel

Post by =(V)=D/\SH »

ohhh goody goody gum drops
=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

AVA3.jpg

Here is the second look. It's 3am in the morning for me and I can barely keep my eyes on the screen from how much I've been staring at it. Let me know what you guys think. There are only 2 things left to do and that is build a spawn base for you all and add the components (weapons, flags, navpoints, zones, etc). Nearing completion.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

=(V)=D/\SH
Colonel

Post by =(V)=D/\SH »

Oooo that's sexy as hell

and I love that the design resembles our (V) tag :cool
=(V)=Pie
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=Pie »

It looks AMAZING Viper!! Super excited to try it when it's done!

I just have one question.. The flag carrier safe zone. Can the other team get into that room to get the flag back? And if so, is it almost impossible to actually achieve a flag return in a small room like that?

Signature by Dash. Thank you!
=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

Looks cool Vipe!

Colors and theme are very nice. I like the fact that you have a number of different zones embedded in the map too. My forte' in my earlier mapping days, was breaking glass and all sorts of movers. Haven't done much with zones like you have in this new map, except to zone parts of the map to help the Unrealed engine work better.

The way you have this new map setup, should make for some interesting game play.

:vmrocks :approvecool
=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

Just awesome, purely awesome.
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

=(V)=Pie wrote:It looks AMAZING Viper!! Super excited to try it when it's done!

I just have one question.. The flag carrier safe zone. Can the other team get into that room to get the flag back? And if so, is it almost impossible to actually achieve a flag return in a small room like that?
Yes, the access to the safezone is eligible for both teams. You will not have access to the spawn bases once you exit them, like I've done in my most recent maps to prevent excessive spawnkilling. The bases will hold possibly 4 RXs with the majority of RXs being in the spawn. Like I said this map is a defensive style, so even getting into that safezone you will have a flag carrier with 1 extra RX sitting up there. You also get a viewbox to see the other side (Don't worry you can't shoot to the other side or get to the other side from there. I will also be adding a few extra details to this map that will spice it up a bit and make it even more dynamic than the standard maps you've seen from me. I spent 2 hours alone working out the lighting because I would set a light, jump into the map in UT to look at it in a live action setting. I want this to be a great map on my return and be a sort of bargaining chip to tell you all, "Hey! Viper's back!"

Return to “Projects in Progress & Feedback”