CTF-(VIP)RXJoust

No votes

Total votes: 0

=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Re: CTF-(VIP)RXJoust

Post by =(V)iper= »

BUMP: I was looking at this map once again and I noticed something on there that will be inspiring to finish.

The spawn pool. It's an all blacked out room, with the portal dead center. I just have to make it so you don't have to "jump" into the portal, which is an easy fix. My only concern is that I may have to keep the shape of the portal. Which isn't much of a difference right now but it is a little concerning because the spawn base is a full cylinder shape, where as the actual portal on the other side is a half circle. Like I said it does work....offline. And we, as in map makers, know that sometimes things will work offline but not on. So that's going to be a little bit of a setback fixing that. Other than that I feel like I don't have enough on this map, whether some sort of side tunnels or adding something into it to make it "joust" like. I think I'll make this one, and I find out what I want to add to it I'll make the "white out" version of this map as a v2 or something. Other than that I've kept to the true Jousting map features, meaning it's short, it's going to be spammy, and the flags are on opposite bases. It's also really trippy with the map's texture schemes (which is a black base with "neon" like edging), which will make it really chaotic. I'm not sure whether to make it so that all the players are lit up or stay dark. I might light everyone up so no one can dominate the middle and never be seen. I want to add the ESR, but I want feedback on that first. I think normal weapons will be the only thing needed here with the RXs on top of it. There will be a slight difference in placement of RXs and the amount of them that I usually stick to in (VIP) standards, which there will be less, much less, than what you've seen from me. I'm thinking 10 max for the entire map, 4 on each base and 2 in the middle. This map will be done, I'm not done mapping yet, and I will try to provide more maps to you guys even though I'm not around so much.

So this map will be done,
=(V)iper=

If you want to stroke my ego, be sure to spit on it first
NyteBlayDe
Forums Master

Post by NyteBlayDe »

Man ,It's been a long while since your last visit,It's good having you back ,Vip :peace
I don't really know much about Map-Making but what you've described about the map gives me good thoughts about it , I mean it's kinda different than the "Joust" maps even though it's a "Joust" map but kinda funny and cool by adding tunnels things and portals!

Anyways ,Good luck on that ,Vip! And Really thanks for your efforts and your time man :smilewinkgrin :vmrocks

P.S:Is it going to be narrow like the normal joust maps or wide?
Signature made by =(V)=D/\SH
=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

=(V)=NyteBlayDe wrote:Man ,It's been a long while since your last visit,It's good having you back ,Vip :peace
I don't really know much about Map-Making but what you've described about the map gives me good thoughts about it , I mean it's kinda different than the "Joust" maps even though it's a "Joust" map but kinda funny and cool by adding tunnels things and portals!

Anyways ,Good luck on that ,Vip! And Really thanks for your efforts and your time man :smilewinkgrin :vmrocks

P.S:Is it going to be narrow like the normal joust maps or wide?
There's a split immediately after leaving your base but it all goes into a somewhat wider middle section. Simple flying but the chaotic section is in the middle so that's where the challenging section is.

If you want to stroke my ego, be sure to spit on it first

Return to “Projects in Progress & Feedback”