Feature for (VIP) Joust, voted by YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

<t>Would you like to see a spammy weapon for a spammy map such as Joust?</t>

Poll ended at Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:30 pm

YES! SI! SURE!
57%
NO! NO! NO!
43%

Total votes: 14

=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Re: Feature for (VIP) Joust, voted by YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by =(V)iper= »

You guys haven't even played the map and already you're throwing out "It's already spammy enough."

THIS MAP IS NOT FOR THE FREQUENT HARDCORE PLAYERS

This map is designed for the fun of spamming and taking a break from the action of RX. It is meant for those who don't want a serious map to choose and use for a more upbeat, no flying commitment type atmosphere. For you all who are starting to say negative comments about this, BEFORE IT'S EVEN BEEN RELEASED MIND YOU, can all take your opinions and get a new perspective. This is meant for spamming, this is meant for a more enjoyable and entertaining "loose" style of playing that we see in our server from time to time. This isn't one of my competitive and structured game maps, and it's not being taken as serious as I take with my other maps.

If you want to stroke my ego, be sure to spit on it first
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master

Post by =(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ »

=(V)iper= wrote:You guys haven't even played the map and already you're throwing out "It's already spammy enough."

THIS MAP IS NOT FOR THE FREQUENT HARDCORE PLAYERS

This map is designed for the fun of spamming and taking a break from the action of RX. It is meant for those who don't want a serious map to choose and use for a more upbeat, no flying commitment type atmosphere. For you all who are starting to say negative comments about this, BEFORE IT'S EVEN BEEN RELEASED MIND YOU, can all take your opinions and get a new perspective. This is meant for spamming, this is meant for a more enjoyable and entertaining "loose" style of playing that we see in our server from time to time. This isn't one of my competitive and structured game maps, and it's not being taken as serious as I take with my other maps.
i think the real question is: how close is it to the original version of the map? Joust itself is a small map which is prone to large amounts of spam from regular weapons as well as rx. I think people are hesitant to add spam weapons on because the map is already spammy enough as it is. If you made modifications to the map that open it up or provide some different aspects to the gameplay, rather than just a simple reskin, I think people would be more open to it. posting some pictures of the map might help to get a better perspective of the map and what would be suitable spam weapons for the map.

trust me, while spam is fun, no one nowadays wants to play truly spammy maps, like distance for example, they at least want a chance. no one is gonna deal with dying 20 times in a row to get the pleasure of spamming the crap out of the other team, plus spam to that degree is not even possible anymore with spawn protection.
=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

Viper, why don't you just make two versions; one like you'd like with the spam and another, without. Then test it on our servers to see which becomes the most popular? Once either's popularity has been determined, RJ can just remove the less or unpopular version. :thumbup
=(V)=Pie
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=Pie »

I voted no because, while it's obviously intended to be a fun spammy map, consistent spawn kills get really annoying. No one will want to play if they can't even move in the map before they're dead. It's one thing to fight for most kills like on PH-W3 but at least then, you have a chance to get revenge.

Signature by Dash. Thank you!
=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

=(V)=Pie wrote:I voted no because, while it's obviously intended to be a fun spammy map, consistent spawn kills get really annoying. No one will want to play if they can't even move in the map before they're dead. It's one thing to fight for most kills like on PH-W3 but at least then, you have a chance to get revenge.
And that's why I suggested two versions and to trial both - one with just RX and conventional weapons and the other with a high powered rifle or similar. We'll obviously know which one works, fairly quickly.
NyteBlayDe
Forums Master

Post by NyteBlayDe »

=(V)=Kevster wrote:
=(V)=Pie wrote:I voted no because, while it's obviously intended to be a fun spammy map, consistent spawn kills get really annoying. No one will want to play if they can't even move in the map before they're dead. It's one thing to fight for most kills like on PH-W3 but at least then, you have a chance to get revenge.
And that's why I suggested two versions and to trial both - one with just RX and conventional weapons and the other with a high powered rifle or similar. We'll obviously know which one works, fairly quickly.
I'm not a fan of "Joust" maps ,But Viper's is looking so cool....,

I agree with Kev's opinion!
Signature made by =(V)=D/\SH
=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

I think what we will do here is since I want to release a white out version to this I'm going to add the binslayer weapon to that version and keep it low weapons to the blacked out version. I assure you all I will be combing through the weapons I have and see what one has the lowest firing rate. So yeah you can spam, but it will be at the cost of having to wait between shots. I will even edit the weapon if I need to.

I also apologize for my absence in this. Gaming season, call of duty, battlefront, Xbox One, has my game time right now

=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

Double Post:

Now that I think of it, the Railgun might be a good choice here. If you do not know what it is look at the classic maps Unearth and Dreamtheater3. Its more or less a combo instagib that shoots slightly faster than the ESR itself. I will post details later

=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master

Post by =(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ »

like the one on billys balls?
=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

[quote="=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\"]like the one on billys balls?[/quote]

Ha Ha, you said balls.
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

Return to “Projects in Progress & Feedback”