move BR or instagib here?

=(V)= Server 5: Sniper DeathMatch
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: move BR or instagib here?

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

nothing will work unless players dedicate time to sit on servers and wait for people to join. I spent months sitting on our RX server before it got popular. also helped that the other servers sucked lol

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:04 am nothing will work unless players dedicate time to sit on servers and wait for people to join. I spent months sitting on our RX server before it got popular. also helped that the other servers sucked lol
LOL, you have a way with words RJ :laugh
EvolutionZero
V.I.P.

Post by EvolutionZero »

possibly rj, but still should give it a shot and see what happens. You can always shut it down later. However if u do feel strongly like this i can tell u most sniper servers use the fake bots mod to get players into the server, thats an option. Generally seen as a dick move, but now a days its like a necessity for sniper servers from what i can tell.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

EvolutionZero wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:18 pm possibly rj, but still should give it a shot and see what happens. You can always shut it down later. However if u do feel strongly like this i can tell u most sniper servers use the fake bots mod to get players into the server, thats an option. Generally seen as a dick move, but now a days its like a necessity for sniper servers from what i can tell.
not worth the public outrage lol and the de-ranking on gametracker

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
EvolutionZero
V.I.P.

Post by EvolutionZero »

=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:09 am and the de-ranking on gametracker
whats the difference between deranking the gametracker and not having the server up at all? :D
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

EvolutionZero wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:07 pm
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:09 am and the de-ranking on gametracker
whats the difference between deranking the gametracker and not having the server up at all? :D
:think :idontknow

:thumbup

EvolutionZero
V.I.P.

Post by EvolutionZero »

so r u guys just ganna delete the server or what? cause i think uve gotten about as much feedback as ur going to (at least when it comes to new options). If ur not giving up on it id think it was time to poll the ppl.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

yup need a poll. Then I will get to work.

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

I say we make an east coast version of hofs sniper server. Im sure we would get more players since the pings suck over there LOL

EvolutionZero
V.I.P.

Post by EvolutionZero »

so does @=(V)=CandyMan need to b the one to start the poll?
=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

EvolutionZero wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:52 pm so does @=(V)=CandyMan need to b the one to start the poll?
No, I do not. Anyone can do a Power to the People poll.
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

EvolutionZero
V.I.P.

Post by EvolutionZero »

well im not in vm so im not ganna go posting a poll about what u should do with ur servers :D. But the next vm member to see this post should make a poll asking what to do with their siege server with the following options (i hope im not forgetting any option):

which of the following gametypes should we turn the vm siege server into? (if u can find a better way to phrase, feel free to do so :D )

Instagib ctf
Combogib ctf
Low gravity sniper arena ctf
high gravity sniper arena ctf
boming run
Camper Sniper dm
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit »

Firstly,
I would really like to see a RX bombing run server. But I'm pretty sure I'm going to be the only one voting for it. I'm not really sure how popular that would be at first. But I know from SLV days it was A LOT of fun. So maybe I'll go back to setting up my own local server to host a RX BR server. But so far I haven't got it to work without odd glitches that I believe are server related and not game type related but I need further testing.

Secondly,
To really make a proper judgement on the next server, we have to first ask the right questions.

Point 1) What are the goals of a new server? E.g. Who is the target audience? (not an exhaustive list.)

Point 2) What are the benefits and draw backs to each game type listed towards these stated goals? E.g. Is it likely the target audience will enjoy the game type? (not an exhaustive list.)

Point 3) What is the criteria to consider the server a "successful server"? E.g. Will there be a certain # of people in the server? How long should the server be up while "we" check it against our "successful server" criteria? What are the objectives to reach to consider it a success? Will "we" try a 2nd game type if the first server idea fails? (not an exhaustive list.)

Point 4) What other considerations do "we" have?

Thirdly and lastly,
Once we have the questions and answers we vote with those considerations in mind.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

^ I like the way this guy thinks.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

It is a lot of work for RocketJedi to take on, given the fact that he does have a newborn.

We pretty much already have an IG server - it is Server #1 - the last column in mapvote.

I would like to see mostly *all* of the ideas that everyone is coming up with implemented. The more variety we have, the more interesting the server would be; But this also comes with MANY more headaches.

Headaches that RJ, Mar and Kevster do not need. (hope I didn't leave any developers out)

I reached out to FeraliDragon aka XXX a few years ago about his design and porting of the vehicle mods from 2004 < 1999. Unfortunately, he "got bored" with the Unreal Engine's limitations. I believe he may be involved with the newest rendition of UEngine. (I am not entirely sure) - That dude has contributed sooooo much to the community at large that I would love to see him spark his interest back up, but.....

.......which leaves me with a final question : Shall we dive into the latest UT head first and see where we can swim to ? When I was in the {dFb} clan, we were starting to show interest for the latest and greatest, but it fizzled out, 'cause so many of us are getting so friggin' old... work... kids.... real life, etc.

Just a thought.

~ Don't Let The Bastards Drag You Down ~
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:09 am Firstly,
I would really like to see a RX bombing run server. But I'm pretty sure I'm going to be the only one voting for it. I'm not really sure how popular that would be at first. But I know from SLV days it was A LOT of fun. So maybe I'll go back to setting up my own local server to host a RX BR server. But so far I haven't got it to work without odd glitches that I believe are server related and not game type related but I need further testing.

Secondly,
To really make a proper judgement on the next server, we have to first ask the right questions.

Point 1) What are the goals of a new server? E.g. Who is the target audience? (not an exhaustive list.)

Anyone really.

Point 2) What are the benefits and draw backs to each game type listed towards these stated goals? E.g. Is it likely the target audience will enjoy the game type? (not an exhaustive list.)

The only drawback is time taken to make said server/s benefits would = more clan exposure more donations which = more expansion

Point 3) What is the criteria to consider the server a "successful server"? E.g. Will there be a certain # of people in the server? How long should the server be up while "we" check it against our "successful server" criteria? What are the objectives to reach to consider it a success? Will "we" try a 2nd game type if the first server idea fails? (not an exhaustive list.)

Success = regular players that come back daily or semi daily. Contribute their thoughts on the forums

Point 4) What other considerations do "we" have?

I can get this done while at work. The dust has settled, and I can dedicate time to server creation. I can also create a completely new server. SO we can get rid of siege put whatever there .. I can make another server for BR or whatever.. we don't have a limit guys. out of all the servers we have only RX and MH really get used so there is plenty of room for other game types and servers.

Thirdly and lastly,
Once we have the questions and answers we vote with those considerations in mind.
sorry fro the red highlight quote it looked better than yellow did lol

Return to “Server 5 -=(V)= SNIPER DEEMER FO YO AZZ X-PICKUPS | NY | www.vulpinemission.com”