Ini

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Ini

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

I wish all this wasted effort went to more important things like keeping the server populated 24/7 or better yet getting our other servers some damn action.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master

Post by =(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ »

=(V)=Boyzel wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:57 pm Shit Taking? Sad that is all you got from trying to talk to you,... if you want your answer try reading everyone's post about the stuff you pull in server. But I like how you try and be subtle on admitting your past cheat and justify it by saying it was "at the end of a game" but moving on, really just read past post, but I think you already know what you do....
> Not shit talking
> accusing of cheating

Pick one
=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

On a different note, I did use Stample's ini files last night to check them out. The mouse sensitivity was crazy sensitive. I could never play with the sensitivity that high. I'd fly my ass into a wall. I had to turn it down, just didn't work for me. The screen is huge. Are you visually impaired Stample, or is that so that you can see every grain of everything in a map? LOL. Crazy.

The enforcers are at a different angle, which was strange at first, but I got used to it after a while. All the other settings seem to work fine for me though. The translocator settings seem to be different, or something about his translocator settings seems to work better for me - more responsive I would have to say. I would have to say that I like the response better than my own settings.

That's as far as I got in my evaluation of his settings. I didn't have a chance to open either ini file, to analyze the settings from a coding standpoint yet. I may not be able to do that tonight either, as I'm still at work. Pretty busy these days.
=(V)=Boyzel
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=Boyzel »

=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:24 pm
=(V)=Boyzel wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:57 pm Shit Taking? Sad that is all you got from trying to talk to you,... if you want your answer try reading everyone's post about the stuff you pull in server. But I like how you try and be subtle on admitting your past cheat and justify it by saying it was "at the end of a game" but moving on, really just read past post, but I think you already know what you do....
> Not shit talking
> accusing of cheating

Pick one
Do you have a point? Your a attempt to keep the pot stirred? Trying to direct something toward me? There was no shit talking, no threats were made..I just pointed out what I feel are the things he uses to gain a unfair advantage. And he admits to cheating on his post. Only speaking up and trying to protect this server...
BIG_JAKE-}X{_{HoF}
Forums Elite

Post by BIG_JAKE-}X{_{HoF} »

Dilly! Dilly! To the Pit of Death you go!
Why run, you will only die tired!
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master

=(V)=Boyzel wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:14 pm
> Not shit talking
> accusing of cheating

Pick one
Do you have a point? Your a attempt to keep the pot stirred? Trying to direct something toward me? There was no shit talking, no threats were made..I just pointed out what I feel are the things he uses to gain a unfair advantage. And he admits to cheating on his post. Only speaking up and trying to protect this server...
He admits to tweaking values in his ini, which anyone can do. He's simply optimised his settings for his preferred method of gameplay. It's the equivalent of the fosbury flop in the olympic high jump, not like roids or other illegal shit as was previously mentioned, people thought it was cheating at first, now it's highly used. He simply made his settings work to his advantage with the resources available to him (again, it's part of the game, total customizability). The one line of code I put in my ini to prove the point of how easy it is to make changes in your ini in the mod discussion is arguably worse than anything stamp has changed in his ini.

But keep going on and on about it being cheating, that will surely get things accomplished. I will continue to stir the pot as well as it seems to be the only way to get things done around here lately. If someone hadn't stuck up for stamp, he would've been railroaded, I have no doubt about that.

I'm trying to protect the players and the server as well, from stupid and pointless decision making, been doing it since '06 at hof and I ain't stopping now. Crucifying stamp for doing what anybody can do and being good isn't going to solve any problem. Yes, he needs to stop using harmful glitches like picking up weapons/flags in pregame, but everything else he's doing is legit. Open your eyes and see the real problems and stop using stamp as a scapegoat.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:53 am
=(V)=Boyzel wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:14 pm
> Not shit talking
> accusing of cheating

Pick one
He admits to tweaking values in his ini, which anyone can do. He's simply optimised his settings for his preferred method of gameplay. It's the equivalent of the fosbury flop in the olympic high jump, not like roids or other illegal shit as was previously mentioned, people thought it was cheating at first, now it's highly used. He simply made his settings work to his advantage with the resources available to him (again, it's part of the game, total customizability). The one line of code I put in my ini to prove the point of how easy it is to make changes in your ini in the mod discussion is arguably worse than anything stamp has changed in his ini.

But keep going on and on about it being cheating, that will surely get things accomplished. I will continue to stir the pot as well as it seems to be the only way to get things done around here lately. If someone hadn't stuck up for stamp, he would've been railroaded, I have no doubt about that.

I'm trying to protect the players and the server as well, from stupid and pointless decision making, been doing it since '06 at hof and I ain't stopping now. Crucifying stamp for doing what anybody can do and being good isn't going to solve any problem. Yes, he needs to stop using harmful glitches like picking up weapons/flags in pregame, but everything else he's doing is legit. Open your eyes and see the real problems and stop using stamp as a scapegoat.
This

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=Boyzel
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=Boyzel »

He admitted to doing something that changed the rate of fire on his IG and only "using" it at the end of the game... If there is that, what else is there? And I understand the point of some things be customized but at what point does it become a determinant to the server and people don't want to play on our server. Where does he draw the line? But trying to make this about me isn't the solution. He has used what some would call cheats...
All I have done is raised the question and trying to keep the server fun for all. I watched him skip across the map last night at a rate faster then anyone could walk or translocate(bunnyhop?)... but I will just sip my tea...
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master

If the first part is true, mars mod to fix the fire rate may need some adjusting by figuring out how it's being circumvented.

The bunny hopping is largely unable to be stopped due to it being part of the mechanics of the game, I haven't seen one server that has anything in place to stop it. All it requires is gaining some momentum off a jump/dodge (or maybe even jumping out of an rx) and timing your jumps perfectly, the momentum is increased with each subsequent jump, allowing people to reach significant speeds. The question with that is how effective/useful is it in game play? It doesn't take much to fire a homing rocket at someone and it is stopped by any damage they take

Edit: any enforcement that has to be done on bunny hopping is purely going to have to be on the shoulders of whoever is playing/whatever admins are around

But let's see what stamp has to say about both of those
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit »

For all the accusations no one has come forward with any video. Except by accident Kevster. But even he admitted the video didn't capture the full extent of Stamples game play.

My position is that without facts from videos is Stample is not cheating or doing anything previously frowned upon in any community I've known. I've speced him a long time. He is just very quick. I've been mimicking his moves and getting really good at them. All with the intent to show that it's possible to recreate his actions. - Now I'm becoming a danger. I still need improvement though.

But with that being said rumors are going around (I call them rumors because it's speculation without evidence) that Stample is too good and hurts fun/gameplay for others. But I don't know if that's true. RJ posted about servers losing some ranking/population in October. I'm assuming this trend was going on months before when Kong was around way more than Stample and before Stample was ever magnified like he is today. So I proposed and still do propose a data driven approach. That we establish a baseline on days and times Stample doesn't play vs when Stample does play and see if it actually hurts the server. And for that fact anyone else that may have become a demi-god on the server. Then we can propose game changes.

We need more facts, data and actions to go on. We are just speaking words and I'm pretty sure we all know each other's positions. I would take it upon myself to find and document these actions and data but I don't know how soon I'll have the time to have it be comprehensive. I've been under a lot of stress in my life and I must choose where to spend my energy wisely so I'm not too stressed.

Lastly, thank you to VENOM for being the devils advocate. Thank you to BOYZEL for bringing up these concerns. Thank you to RJ for implementing these changes and giving history lessons. Thank you to STAMPLE for showing us high levels of skill/customization that we can all aim to reach. We all bring a unique set of understanding and skills to the table.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

=(V)=Stample
Co-Leader

Post by =(V)=Stample »

=(V)=Boyzel wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:19 am He admitted to doing something that changed the rate of fire on his IG and only "using" it at the end of the game... If there is that, what else is there? And I understand the point of some things be customized but at what point does it become a determinant to the server and people don't want to play on our server. Where does he draw the line? But trying to make this about me isn't the solution. He has used what some would call cheats...
All I have done is raised the question and trying to keep the server fun for all. I watched him skip across the map last night at a rate faster then anyone could walk or translocate(bunnyhop?)... but I will just sip my tea...
Oh, I figured you were talking about picking up the pulse gun and spamming it on the flag at the end of the game when you said "Laser light shows". I see now that you're referring to rapid-fire ig turret shooting. I did in fact use rapid-fire ig shooting, when it was possible. But that had nothing to do with my ini, literally anyone could do that if they were fast enough. I do concede that it was lame, and was rightfully removed. But it wasn't cheating, it was simply part of the mechanics of Rx at the time (though its presence was unintentional).

Bunnyhopping is something I picked up from years of playing Bt. I'll gladly teach other players how to bunnyhop, if they are interested. If you don't want to learn one of the mechanics of the game, that's your loss. It's the same logic that ig only players have towards Rx, you're neglecting one of the possible mechanics of the game, and shunning others who choose to utilize them.
Understand that I do crazy shit like spinning, and bunnyhopping, even when it obviously isn't the best tactic. I do these things because I find them more entertaining, not because they make me win more. Were I to stop doing silly shit like spinning, and began to only focus on the "best" moves, you would find the game to be exceedingly more lame than it currently is, so it's really not in your best interest to try to remove these things.

Return to “UT 99 Specific Discussion”