Xvehicles from Feralidragon

=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master

Re: Xvehicles from Feralidragon

Post by =(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ »

evilgrins wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:22 am
=(V)=Muffin wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:46 am
evilgrins wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:21 pmOh, and CTF isn't compatible... can't hold onto flags when in vehicles.
What happens when you try to do so? As long as the game doesn't crash, I don't see the problem here.
- If you can drive to the flag, can't pick it up from within a vehicle.
- If you grab the flag and then try to get into a vehicle, it drops from your grasp as soon as you get in.
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:35 pmWho said we're gonna be playing CTF? Lol
Thought I'd evaluate them by each gametype, as well as with certain mutators.

For example, in MH I use an ammo/health regenerater but it doesn't effect the vehicles.
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:35 pmThey'd still be fun even in a CTF game on rx
Might give pilots a lot more of a challenge... some of those tanks pack a significant punch!
=(V)=CandyMan wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:33 pmShit, if you can't hold the flags, then I guess that would require teamwork and your team (in the tanks) to defend the FC? :O
...de horror...
Can you do a test of an rx vs a tank? like what would happen if you shoot a tank with an rx and vice versa
evilgrins
Forums Master

Post by evilgrins »

=(V)=Muffin wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:46 amCan you do a test of an rx vs a tank? like what would happen if you shoot a tank with an rx and vice versa
Not I, I don't have RX and though if i did I could probably battle bots...

You should try it on your end.
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master

evilgrins wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:58 pm Among many things I wanted to checkout that I missed over the last 6 months were Ferali's xvehicles, which turned to be a tad trickier than I thought as there's no mutator. You either have to edit them onto maps or build your own; I went with the former over the latter.

If you don't already have them, they're available here · https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=12911

Initially I was a bit confused how to drive them, as I usually play with a full HUD and the directions for driving are in the upper-right corner of the screen.

MonsterHunt seemed ideal to test on, I edited up 3 maps with various vehicles... but only 3 as not many MH maps had room for tanks.

Most of the tanks have 2 sets of guns, the main cannon and an alternate smaller weapon. The ability to switch seats didn't work out well for me to use the smaller guns, but fortunately bots were willing to hop in and handle that. Not all the tanks have a secondary gun.

Jeeps have guns that can only be used by a passenger, only weapon the driver has is honking the horn.

Once in a vehicle you can hop out anytime you want, but bots are kind of trapped...

Monsters react differently to the vehicles. While I still haven't gotten around to determining if standard SkaarjTroopers can drive the vehicles (monster, not the playermodel) I've noticed that most of the monsters react to them like they would any normal player... with 1 notable exception:

MH-Xvehicles-LostInTime: The dinos from Jurassic.u completely ignore players in the xvehicles. Even after you shoot them they act as though they can't see you, unless you hop out in which case they'll try and eat you immediately... but if you hop back in they can't see you again.

I may do some edits of CTF, if I've got maps that are big enough for tanks. Kinda curious to see if I can take an enemy flag and drive it back to my own base.
Quick tutorial on how to edit them into maps? I might give it a whirl this weekend
Abigor
Pilot First Class

Post by Abigor »

what were the other vehicles?
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master

I put jeeps in questionable direction, tanks in war in iraq, jeeps and tanks in restbum

this shit is doable, the heavy tank itself may be a good counter to the rx

the way we play rx though would have to change slightly for this to work

Small previews from fraps

=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:12 pm I put jeeps in questionable direction, tanks in war in iraq, jeeps and tanks in restbum

I can see it now...

A Vulpine Mission Heavy Artillery Server.. Go in, nothing but jets, jeeps and tanks.. this could be the shakeup we need in 2019, especially for the 20th anniversary ;)
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master

=(V)=CandyMan wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:53 pm
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:12 pm I put jeeps in questionable direction, tanks in war in iraq, jeeps and tanks in restbum

I can see it now...

A Vulpine Mission Heavy Artillery Server.. Go in, nothing but jets, jeeps and tanks.. this could be the shakeup we need in 2019, especially for the 20th anniversary ;)
See my last post for a short preview, I need files from RJ to be able to test rx and xvehicles together offline
=(V)=Mar
Colonel

Post by =(V)=Mar »

Has somebody tested this on a server? From what I remember these vehicles didn't work online, something to do with game engine issues (dont remember exactly)
=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

=(V)=Mar wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:54 pm Has somebody tested this on a server? From what I remember these vehicles didn't work online, something to do with game engine issues (dont remember exactly)
I'm pretty sure it's the poly count.

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

=(V)=Mar wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:54 pm Has somebody tested this on a server? From what I remember these vehicles didn't work online, something to do with game engine issues (dont remember exactly)
this. but who knows now with XC engine it may work. I just haven't had time. I cant do it from work

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:20 am
this. but who knows now with XC engine it may work. I just haven't had time. I cant do it from work
We've spoken yesterday on what I want to try to do. I would like to test this out on the RB server (mirror server 1) but we'd have to get as many players on that server as possible (during an 'x' amount of months) to do extensive amount of testing. We have to see if the server can handle all that traffic with all the extra power (tanks, jeeps, rxs) and see if the server crashes by any means.

Then, we'll have to do a tutorial of how to work each thing IF the server can handle all that power, no sense in doing a tutorial if things don't work. But from what Venom said, most of the commands and such are on the HUD once you enter the tanks and such.

I'd like to do months of extensive testing, so if something crashes the server, I'd like see if we can fix it before just saying it doesn't work and etc. Only if it comes down to it where we really can't do nothing more, then, we'll just put it to rest.

I'd like to make the transition of having this stuff on server 1 and such for the 20th anniversary of UT99, meaning, on 11/30/2019. And it would be great to have everyone's help in this as well, the more people who help, the fast we can get this stuff test and possibly fixed. Also, wouldn't it be cool to know that you had a hand in, possibly and hopefully, changing the way CTF gets played?

evilgrins
Forums Master

Post by evilgrins »

A stretch back somebody released Onslaught vehicles from ut2004 to ut99, I've got the .u on my hard drive somewhere. According to Ferali he did a lot of the Xvehicles from those.

Which i only mention as I believe the ONS vehicles do work online.
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master

evilgrins wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:21 pm A stretch back somebody released Onslaught vehicles from ut2004 to ut99, I've got the .u on my hard drive somewhere. According to Ferali he did a lot of the Xvehicles from those.

Which i only mention as I believe the ONS vehicles do work online.
if you can find them can you send them to me?
medor
Forums Elite

Post by medor »

search \GameTypes\ONS at medor.no-ip.org
evilgrins
Forums Master

Post by evilgrins »

If anyone is still messing around with these for your games online, there's an update now that supposedly does work online.

Have a look · https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14936

Return to “UT 99 Specific Discussion”