Xvehicles and RX

=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master

Xvehicles and RX

Post by =(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ »

So I've been dicking around with the XVehicles and found it's been pretty easy to put them into many of our existing maps.

However, I still need to test if they can work well enough offline with the RX

Despite that, I'm interested in gathering maps that people would like to see vehicles put in.
I have many of the maps we regularly play on the server and have tested some already such as good neighbors, war in Iraq, questionable direction, and more

So let me know what maps you would like to see vehicles put in

Master List:
Abigor
Pilot First Class

Re: Xvehicles and RX

Post by Abigor »

you should make the server private for others to join and mess around with
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master

=(V)=Abigor wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:37 pm you should make the server private for others to join and mess around with
Im testing offline first to see if the RX and XVehicles are even compatible together, don't want the server crashing constantly

If they aren't then I will just take redeemers out of the maps and we can have a separate XVehicles section

The most important thing though is making sure they won't crash the server like crazy
SuperHex
Forums Elite

Post by SuperHex »

I would like to see these vehicles mister
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master

SuperHex wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:12 pm I would like to see these vehicles mister

Here's the video by the creator, it says only available in single player, but I'm curious to see what would happen if you try them in multiplayer

If we can get this working, it could be yuggggeee

Otherwise I'll edit it into maps for people to dick around on when they are bored
evilgrins
Forums Master

Post by evilgrins »

Are you putting them directly on maps or setting them up for continued respawn with VehicleFactories?
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:32 pmHere's the video by the creator, it says only available in single player, but I'm curious to see what would happen if you try them in multiplayer
Specific issue is Feralidragon said they probably wouldn't work online... but nobody's tested that for sure. I know in single-player bots can use them, and I suspect the SkaarjMilitary type monsters, since they can pick up any weapon and use those, probably can use these vehicles too.

If online doesn't work, I suspect LAN would.
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master

evilgrins wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:03 pm Are you putting them directly on maps or setting them up for continued respawn with VehicleFactories?
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:32 pmHere's the video by the creator, it says only available in single player, but I'm curious to see what would happen if you try them in multiplayer
Specific issue is Feralidragon said they probably wouldn't work online... but nobody's tested that for sure. I know in single-player bots can use them, and I suspect the SkaarjMilitary type monsters, since they can pick up any weapon and use those, probably can use these vehicles too.

If online doesn't work, I suspect LAN would.
I'm using vehicle factories for maps i know they'd be fun on

Using the spawn command on others for testing, haven't ran into any problems so far

Only bug I found was when a bot Jeep rammed a bot heavy nali tank from behind and went extremely fast lol

The best tank imo is the basic marine tank with the minigun

Gonna test a map on server 2 eventually
evilgrins
Forums Master

Post by evilgrins »

=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:42 pmThe best tank imo is the basic marine tank with the minigun
That's my fave too, takes about 5 solid shots to take down a Titan...
...but you need something with more powerful ammo to go after a TankBoss, and even then that still takes a few shots:

Map I'm thinking of editing the tanks on next is a DeathMatch.

The bigger of these two · https://unreal-games.livejournal.com/117056.html

I may leave the Cyberus in there, haven't made up my mind.

Return to “UT 99 Specific Discussion”