[Release] ACE v1.1f

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

[Release] ACE v1.1f

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

anth wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:06 am *** UPDATE ***

23/12/2019: Fixed a timeout bug and on-demand screenshot creation bug. These bugs only affect the server-side code, so you can safely install the updated package over the existing ACE v1.1f installation.

*** INTRODUCTION ***

Hello everyone. A lot of people were still experiencing crashes with ACE v1.1d. I did some debugging on Pileyrei's machines and it turns out that ACE was crashing because it did not know how to parse really old UPackages (from Unreal 200 or the UT beta). This release should fix those crashes. In the meantime, I also added compatibility with the upcoming 469 patch.

**Please note that this release comes with a new version of NPLoader. You WILL have to update your server.ini file.**

This is the full list of changes since the previous public release (ACE v1.1d):
  • [FIXED] ACE no longer crashes your game when trying to check a package created by a really old version of Unreal Engine
  • [FIXED] Fixed another bug that could cause "GObjBeginLoadCount==0" assertion crashes
  • [FIXED] ACE no longer crashes the server the first time it boots after ACE's installation. Sorry for taking so long to fix this :D
  • [FIXED] Several bugfixes in the memory scanner to handle dlls generated by newer versions of visual studio
  • [FIXED] The game no longer crashes with a "GObjBeginLoadCount==0" assertion if you reconnect while ACE is still initializing
  • [FIXED] Fixed Linux server crashes after a player disconnects
  • [FIXED] Missing information in kick logs
  • [FIXED] Deadlocks while switching maps
  • [FIXED] Several issues that could crash clients while connecting to an ACE server
  • [ADDED] Compatibility with the upcoming 469 patch. NOTE: the file list does not have the hashes for the 469 files yet. These will be made available through the auto updater
  • [ADDED] Whitelisted Kentie's D3D11Drv
  • [ADDED] Whitelisted ENBSeries UT Bloom Alpha V2
  • [ADDED] Full support for XC_Engine (v24 only for now)
A full list of changes will be made available at:
http://utgl.unrealadmin.org/ACE/changes.txt

*** INSTALLATION ***

Please follow these steps to install ACE v1.1f:
  • Shut down your server
  • Unzip the package in your server's root folder
  • If your server runs NPLoader v1.8 (which comes with ACE v1.1b) or lower, edit your server.ini file and change ServerActors=NPLoader_<yourversion>.NPLActor to ServerActors=NPLoader_v18b.NPLActor
  • If your server already runs NPLoader v1.8b or greater, or if you have already updated your server.ini file, you can now reboot your server.
*** CONFIGURATION ***

Please refer to the SETTINGS.txt document included in the package.

*** KNOWN ISSUES ***

Installation Issues: Some other testers have reported issues installing the server files. Most of these are caused by outdated system libraries. Please note that you will need glibc 2.15 or later on Linux. Linux distributions released before 2012 might have older versions of glibc.

If the PlayerManager fails to load, ACE v1.1f will attempt to dump additional debug information in the System/PlayerManager/ACEv11f_M.txt file.

A second problem seems to occur for certain admins running x86_64 Linux servers. These admins might see an error message such as this one:
Code:

Code: Select all

Path to the PlayerManager: /data/ut-server/System/PlayerManager/ACEv11_M
ACE: ERROR - Communication with PlayerManager failed - poll errno: 4 Interrupted system call
ACE: ERROR - PlayerManager Connection Failed
[ACEv11]: ERROR: ACE could not spawn the PlayerManager.
[ACEv11]: ERROR: ACE is now disabled.
ACE: ERROR - PlayerManager Connection Shutting Down!
This is most likely caused by a corrupted PlayerManager file. Please make sure that you upload the files in binary mode rather than text mode!

Kick logs that say "Not kicking because bStrictSystemLibraryChecks is set to false": This is not technically an issue. ACE v1.0+ has some very aggressive detection routines that detect a lot of legitimate external programs (e.g., Fraps, Display Drivers, Sound drivers, virus scanners...) because they do terrible things to your system DLLs. If you see this kick status, just ignore the log. The player will not be kicked.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: [Release] ACE v1.1f

I will wait until the new year to update. I will let Anth iron out any renaming bugs.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

Sounds good!
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

I really hope the update fixes what it says it supposedly says it does. RX is nearly unplayable for long periods of gaming, for me anyhow. The game has just been freezing, right in the middle of massive fire fights. Very annoying. That's why I've been using the sniper server so much more lately. I don't have the same problem with the sniper server. So it's obviously linked entirely to the RX server.

I doubt very much that it has anything to do with my hardware either. I have a very capable motherboard and related components:

Intel i9 processor, running @ 5.0 GHz
Gigabyte Z390 Designare Motherboard
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8GB Video Card
16 GB's RAM
Samsung 512 GB m.2 SSD
Corsair 800 Watt PSU
Gigabyte gaming mouse
Gigabyte gaming keyboard (Cherry MX mechanical keys)
412 MB's of bandwidth

I've also reloaded UT with the GOTY edition and a non-modified user.ini. Still crashes. Then I reloaded UT again, using the Admin version with my original ini. Still crashes, but not on the sniper or monster hunt servers.

:idontknow
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

=(V)=Kevster wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:27 pm I really hope the update fixes what it says it supposedly says it does. RX is nearly unplayable for long periods of gaming, for me anyhow. The game has just been freezing, right in the middle of massive fire fights. Very annoying. That's why I've been using the sniper server so much more lately. I don't have the same problem with the sniper server. So it's obviously linked entirely to the RX server.

I doubt very much that it has anything to do with my hardware either. I have a very capable motherboard and related components:

16 GB's RAM
Samsung 512 GB m.2 SSD
Corsair 800 Watt PSU
Gigabyte gaming mouse
412 MB's of bandwidth

I've also reloaded UT with the GOTY edition and a non-modified user.ini. Still crashes. Then I reloaded UT again, using the Admin version with my original ini. Still crashes, but not on the sniper or monster hunt servers.

can you be more specific as to what the issue is? Are you freezing? or is the game crashing? You stated two different things there. You reloaded UT and are using what patch version?

and Jesus Christ how much did that system cost you LOL

SO basically need to know:

patch version
renderer version

=(V)=Kevster

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:01 pm
=(V)=Kevster wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:27 pm I really hope the update fixes what it says it supposedly says it does. RX is nearly unplayable for long periods of gaming, for me anyhow. The game has just been freezing, right in the middle of massive fire fights. Very annoying. That's why I've been using the sniper server so much more lately. I don't have the same problem with the sniper server. So it's obviously linked entirely to the RX server.

16 GB's RAM
Samsung 512 GB m.2 SSD
Corsair 800 Watt PSU
Gigabyte gaming mouse
412 MB's of bandwidth

can you be more specific as to what the issue is? Are you freezing? or is the game crashing? You stated two different things there. You reloaded UT and are using what patch version?

patch version
renderer version
Hi RJ

When in RX, after a while, game just freezes solid, as if I were taking a screenshot. No way out, without doing the ctr+alt+del thing. After that, I usually end up rebooting anyway, to refresh my resources. Pain in the ass though. Windows is solid as a rock. It's just the RX server that causes my crashes.

BTW, I don't remember what building this system ended up costing me, but it was up there for sure. My nephew Badco, has essentially the same system, but with a slightly different video card; I think one level above mine and he opted for 32 GB's RAM.

UT Patch 436
OpenGL ver. 36
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

ok that sounds Ace related. I have had the same issue. the fix hopefully will take care of that for you.

=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

=(V)=Kevster wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:34 pm

16 GB's RAM
Samsung 512 GB m.2 SSD
Corsair 800 Watt PSU
Gigabyte gaming mouse
412 MB's of bandwidth

patch version
renderer version
Hi RJ

When in RX, after a while, game just freezes solid, as if I were taking a screenshot. No way out, without doing the ctr+alt+del thing. After that, I usually end up rebooting anyway, to refresh my resources. Pain in the ass though. Windows is solid as a rock. It's just the RX server that causes my crashes.

BTW, I don't remember what building this system ended up costing me, but it was up there for sure. My nephew Badco, has essentially the same system, but with a slightly different video card; I think one level above mine and he opted for 32 GB's RAM.

UT Patch 436
OpenGL ver. 36
I can probably guess it wasn't around the $600-700 range? hehe, I'm going to be building my new rig at income tax and I'm hoping to have at least around that range or a chunk of money good enough to help me to get to the range. Then, PCPARTPICKER here I come!
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

=(V)=CandyMan wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:47 pm

16 GB's RAM
Samsung 512 GB m.2 SSD
Corsair 800 Watt PSU
Gigabyte gaming mouse
412 MB's of bandwidth

patch version
renderer version
Hi RJ

UT Patch 436
OpenGL ver. 36
I can probably guess it wasn't around the $600-700 range? hehe, I'm going to be building my new rig at income tax and I'm hoping to have at least around that range or a chunk of money good enough to help me to get to the range. Then, PCPARTPICKER here I come!
I love pcpartpicker.com i'm gonna make a fun thread! stay tuned!

=(V)=Kevster

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

=(V)=CandyMan wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:47 pm

16 GB's RAM
Samsung 512 GB m.2 SSD
Corsair 800 Watt PSU
Gigabyte gaming mouse
412 MB's of bandwidth

patch version
renderer version
Hi RJ

UT Patch 436
OpenGL ver. 36

You're right. The video card alone, was somewhere in the 6 to $700 range. PSU I bought from a buddy of mine. He bought it thinking it would fit his case, but it didn't. So he sold it to me for $100. Brand new too. Good deal. Can't remember what the mobo cost me. Might have been around the 3 to $400 range. The only thing I didn't have to pay for, was the aluminum case. Already had that from a previous build. Lian Li Aluminum case. Can't remember what the i9 cost me either. IDK, maybe somewhere in the $500+ range. I'm looking on Newegg right now and they have it for $494. Just guessing.
=(V)=Kevster

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:20 pm ok that sounds Ace related. I have had the same issue. the fix hopefully will take care of that for you.
Hey RJ. Oddly enough, I didn't crash once last night. That's a rarity when on the RX server. I was going to ask you if you had changed anything, but I guess you didn't, viewing one of your previous responses. Maybe I'll get lucky again tonight. :thumbup
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

=(V)=Kevster wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:48 pm
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:20 pm ok that sounds Ace related. I have had the same issue. the fix hopefully will take care of that for you.
Hey RJ. Oddly enough, I didn't crash once last night. That's a rarity when on the RX server. I was going to ask you if you had changed anything, but I guess you didn't, viewing one of your previous responses. Maybe I'll get lucky again tonight. :thumbup
yeah i haven't made any changes.

=(V)=Kevster

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:46 pm
=(V)=Kevster wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:48 pm
yeah i haven't made any changes.
I spoke too soon. The game crashed last night. It was just like I described where the screen froze like I had taken a screen shot. Oh well.
BIG_JAKE-}X{_{HoF}
Forums Elite

Post by BIG_JAKE-}X{_{HoF} »

My game either locks up or it closes down like I shut it off. No error given.
Why run, you will only die tired!
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

BIG_JAKE-}X{_{HoF} wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:07 pm My game either locks up or it closes down like I shut it off. No error given.
yeah that's also whats hopefully fixed

Return to “UT 99 Specific Discussion”