ACE issue with WINE

=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Re: ACE issue with WINE

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit »

Yeah, I mentioned how it runs on Microsoft flawlessly. Anyone see =(V)=TR40 around? He has UT working on Linux...

Ps I'll post reply after I have an update
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

Dangerous_Treasure
Forums Member

Post by Dangerous_Treasure »

medor wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:03 am
=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:38 pm It's a no go. Still getting kicked for same dll even with new install. He copied over linked dll again to new install.. still no go. Same ace boot.

Unless you have a better suggestion I'm going to send him the CD image of UT I have and have him install the official patches.

He's going to do some messing around and see what the deal is in the mean time. P.S. he's no slouch.
Do a search on all the PC and replace all dll with the same name.
Remove the UT cash files saved.

But I don't understand why persist with an iso to patch 20 years old.
He's going to have so many issues since.

If you want to enjoy the game and not become search how fix all the time.Just one download .... use this faster download of my UT build https://utfiles.lagout.org/UT_Demo/Unre ... ent-V3.exe
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:15 pm viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3588
When the install is done joint the server and click "INSTALL ALL" not the other button.
I tried your fancy installer pack, Still the exact same issue. Running it through playonlinux with Wine 5.11.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

Dangerous_Treasure wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:57 pm
medor wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:03 am
=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:38 pm It's a no go. Still getting kicked for same dll even with new install. He copied over linked dll again to new install.. still no go. Same ace boot.

Unless you have a better suggestion I'm going to send him the CD image of UT I have and have him install the official patches.

He's going to do some messing around and see what the deal is in the mean time. P.S. he's no slouch.
Do a search on all the PC and replace all dll with the same name.
Remove the UT cash files saved.

But I don't understand why persist with an iso to patch 20 years old.
He's going to have so many issues since.

If you want to enjoy the game and not become search how fix all the time.Just one download .... use this faster download of my UT build https://utfiles.lagout.org/UT_Demo/Unre ... ent-V3.exe
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:15 pm viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3588
When the install is done joint the server and click "INSTALL ALL" not the other button.
I tried your fancy installer pack, Still the exact same issue. Running it through playonlinux with Wine 5.11.
was the old UT completely uninstalled? Then manual deletion the unrealtournament folder? (if there) Lastly what Giblic version are you running?
Installation Issues: Some other testers have reported issues installing the server files. Most of these are caused by outdated system libraries. Please note that you will need glibc 2.15 or later on Linux. Linux distributions released before 2012 might have older versions of glibc.
You may seek further help on ut99.org https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=14124

If none of this helps only other suggestion is get a copy of windows :)

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
Dangerous_Treasure
Forums Member

was the old UT completely uninstalled? Then manual deletion the unrealtournament folder? (if there) Lastly what Giblic version are you running?
Literally 100% nuked. Entirely. The virtual drive it was on was deleted. A few times.

Edit: glibc 2.31

You may seek further help on ut99.org https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=14124
That's a pretty good plan. Think I might.
BOOOOOOOO
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Dangerous_Treasure wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:08 pm
Literally 100% nuked. Entirely. The virtual drive it was on was deleted. A few times.

Edit: glibc 2.31

That's a pretty good plan. Think I might.
BOOOOOOOO
lmao keep me posted I am curious to see a resolution

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Lol. This makes me wanna get linux and ut going on an old machine.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:19 am Lol. This makes me wanna get linux and ut going on an old machine.
I guess you like being aggravated lmao

=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Well, if it doesnt work it doesnt work lol. I'd still have my laptop and desktop with Microsoft. UT is life and you are my Bae, Bae

Dangerous_Treasure
Forums Member

SUPERB RESOLUTION

So, I hopped on their discord channel, and after one snarky comment about using wine instead of something normal, Mr. AnthraX suggested to DELETE MSVCRT.dll.

So, I Reverted to Wine 5.0 and deleted MSVCRT.dll so the native, built-in, wine 5.0 library override would be read from memory. Presto! functionality!.

See yalls on the server.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Dangerous_Treasure wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:19 am SUPERB RESOLUTION

So, I hopped on their discord channel, and after one snarky comment about using wine instead of something normal, Mr. AnthraX suggested to DELETE MSVCRT.dll.

So, I Reverted to Wine 5.0 and deleted MSVCRT.dll so the native, built-in, wine 5.0 library override would be read from memory. Presto! functionality!.

See yalls on the server.
nice! maybe this solution will help others.

Return to “UT 99 Specific Discussion”