=(V)iper='s History to RX and UT99

General spam that should not be elsewhere.
=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

=(V)iper='s History to RX and UT99

Post by =(V)iper= »

I'm just looking over old files and wanted to share some shit with you guys and ramble on, this is really just a post about my history in UT so it's not worth a read really unless you've been around long enough to mention the games. More like a story to anyone who is bored, like I am because I can't sleep and it's 3:00am.

2001 is when I started playing UT99. I was 12 at the time (Wow I can't believe I've been playing UT since I was 12 considering I'm 26 now). Anyways, Viper wasn't my first name of choice, it was actually InFiNiTe_ZeRo, and it was a game a few buddies and I came across that a friend's brother owned. We all installed UT onto our computers and all jumped into a game together. Mostly sniping, I loved snipers when I was a kid. We played so much that the 4 of us made a "clan" if you want to call it, called Guardians of Paradise (yeah we got it off a T-shirt I was wearing the day we talked about it in school). So we decided the tag to be -=GoP=-, InFiNiTe_ZeRo wasn't a good name for me so I then chose it to Viper after looking at a toy model I made a year or two prior (which is sitting on my desk still to this day). My friends and I played UT almost everyday, even managed to get it to install on a few library computers at school. We ended up splitting up after 2 years when I moved to a new house about 30 minutes away and when you're 14 you can't really get there very often. We still tried to play UT but I went to a different school so it was hard to get it organized. Eventually I branched off to other servers and it was when I came across a server that caught my eye quite a bit.

|VIPER|'s Rocket-X server, |VIPER| being a clan, not an invitation to me. I can even remember the map I played first but can't remember the name to it. I picked up an RX and like everyone else who just starts off, I only hit the primary fire to shoot the missile. I also was one of those noobs that asked, "How do I get one of those jets?" Then someone explained it to me, and I got my feet off the ground and into an RX. I played for weeks without hitting the afterburner, and actually did accidentally, it was pretty funny, I went right into a wall (go figure I still hit them so much today). I eventually joined |VIPER| as....well Viper. Yeah my name was |VIPER|Viper and there was another |VIPER|VIP3R in there with me. Apparently there was some sort of fallout with |VIPER|'s members and they decided to branch off. They shut their Rocket-X doors and went full NW, which was cool but I was more into this new gametype I discovered. So I went to the new server that was now known as |F-117|. Now I'm |F-117|Viper, it's where I met Lort and Sweet-Boo for the first time. I was still a young buck, and I was only 15 going into |F-117|. After being with them for a few months, Lort and I were talking back and fourth, turned out to be pretty decent guy. He asked me if I wanted to be an admin to the new clan he was making after leaving |F-117|. I said of course and joined in. So, in black history they don't want to mention, I'm one of the original 6 members to the {WINGS} clan. I didn't regret it of course, and at this time I was doing pretty well in RX to being about what you'd consider a decent pilot to this day. Until one day, being in {WINGS} TS, I was approached by someone called Noxious. She asked me if I wanted to join her clan's TS, and I said sure what the hell, and came into the world of {SP1}.

The clan was smaller, but the players were amazing. They were a tight group and like a family, and me being a self-taught {WINGS} player, I didn't know much to play with much strategy. {SP1}Vindicator, {SP1}Grim_Reaper (Vin's son), {SP1}Mike, {SP1}Noxious, {SP1}Angel, {SP1}TheManNo1, {SP1}Gorlock, {SP1}Beelzebub were my initial members I talked to. We played quite a bit together, spent a lot of time together on TS bullshitting. I eventually decided to quit {WINGS} and apply to {SP1}. Which I had to go through a try out period. Three matches, 2v2, 2v1, 1v1. The 2v2 they gave me Angel as my defender, as I went up against Vin and Mike. Got my ass handed to me by the skills that Mike had, he was just a straight up juggernaut. Vin had the defense down pat and I just couldn't keep up with them but I did what I could. The 2v1 was even worse, I had to go up against Gorlock and Mike. I just got stomped on, but I held my own in my defense. The only thing I won was my 1v1 against Gorlock. On one of 4 maps I have never lost in a 1v1 my entire UT career, HallOfRedemption. I was apart of a new family for {SP1} which was awesome for me. I learned new skills and techniques, and eventually raised a lot of hell among other clans...{WINGS}, |F-117|, =]AE[=, and even {HoF}. It was usually Mike and I causing the trouble, with Noxious yelling at us and Vin being the one to play "Dad" and punish us from doing what we did. I also started map making, and came up with a few ideas of VipeRX and 2Rings. Unfortunately, there were some internal issues that happened in {SP1} that caused us to revolt. So myself, Mike, and another guy S34N bailed and went into our own clan .:InS:. . We maybe got about 12 members total before we decided to take in a merge with a dude who eventually became a good friend, and fellow clanmate today, RoCKeT_JeDi! We abandoned all we did to join =]AE[=, but we decided to take on the task of making 3 leaders out of it and changing the tag a bit. =]AE[= turned into .:AE:. and the three leaders, RJ(Q), Mike, and Viper. It was really a bad mistake, I was really hot headed at this point because Mike and I would just dominate any server we walked into and I had the biggest ego during that time. Eventually we would be the downfall to .:AE:. and shutting down it's doors. (Which I never really did apologize for that RJ, but look what's become of us today)

I went solo for awhile, almost 2 years out of the Rocket-X community. I was banned from half the servers because of my prickish ways (go figure from the people who know me), and actually joined another clan known as {KAI}. It was an IG clan I stumbled across one night and they loved my IG aiming skills at the time. We won 6 tournaments together, with myself as a defender and offender. They were also a small tight group. Unfortunately they weren't fans of people who were highly skilled in IG, and banned most of them for "botting" and it got to me. So, being my new clan I kept with them for awhile. I also stopped going as Viper for awhile, I went under {KAI}Aduro. So for that time I left, I felt like I still wanted to play RX.

After a year or two, I came back into the RX scene, still under {KAI}Aduro. Made a name for myself again, and only a select few found out I was Viper at the time. It wasn't until I found the new hangout server to be in that I saw a few familiar faces in the place, that was -[AA]-. I didn't join them right away, instead I made a solo project clan I started named after an old alias I used quite a bit, }ScarDevils{. I changed my name even to }SD{ÆNIMA (Huge fan of the band Tool) and so started my new reign. I could only get 6 members in with me and they were all inactive, so I had to close my doors after awhile.

So I made my triumphant return into the RX world and joined -[AA]- as Viper once again. Things were great, I was mapping steadily since .:AE:. and even made a map for -[AA]- known as, well, AA. People loved it, and I got a pretty big name for myself for AA and 2Rings, so I was mapping more and more trying to get more people to play them. A few busted projects (obviously) and eventually I called it quits for awhile and just played. There was a bit of a complication though, and that was when I played a random game against the 3 biggest spammers I've ever known (Candyman, Flash_Martin, and chilz) and decided to spawn kill them. I bent them over and dry raped them in spawnkilling, and did they throw a fit. So much of a fit the entire clan of -[AA]- went into a war over it. Luckily, I had my boy RJ by my side at the time, and the clan ended up splitting into 3 separate clans all together. -[AA]-, SA (Forgot their clan tag), and =]AE[= resurrected. =]AE[= this time lasted for quite some time, and I think I just left because I had too much going on in my life to be able to play much. They eventually shut down again, and when I made my return once again everybody was hanging around {HoF}.

I had a history with {HoF} but they allowed me to play there as long as I kept my mouth shut. Easier now that I was older. I eventually made my peace with them enough that they'd allow me to join them. Which came up to me going away quite a bit with work, and girlfriends, and life pretty much. However, I came back and left and came back. {HoF} shut down on their RX server though, and I had to call it quits there eventually as well.

Then came =(V)=, and I told them I wouldn't join unless Chopper wasn't a part of it. Which was harder to say considering he made the clan initially. But I still played there with my friends, Candyman and RJ of course, and made more maps throughout the time. Then hey, we got rid of Chopper and then here I am. So my history in clans is a bit long, and I have a list of them, but =(V)= is a pretty tight group and largely based. Though I may not know everyone, the people I do know are good and if they can vouche for the other people that join I don't know, then I take them as good people as well.

The moral to this story is, where there's chaos, there's destruction. Every clan I caused chaos in eventually fell, and I haven't caused much in {HoF} or =(V)= (well aside from the Chopper war I went into). But I hope to see =(V)= thrive in this very old game we play today. Even with the shit that gets stirred up between us and other clans, and you know who I am talking about, it's just us left. So make your peace, quit the arguing and bickering at each other, and get along. Should anyone of you read this completely I applaud you, for this is a long rambling from an old UT player.

Thank You and Goodnight,
=(V)iper=

If you want to stroke my ego, be sure to spit on it first
A^3
Forums Elite

Re: =(V)iper='s History to RX and UT99

Post by A^3 »

Nice read. I remember most of it since I started in 2005. Great clans, matches, drama etc.
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

Post by Cross_Eyed_Noob »

Great read, now i want more of these from others perspective :P
=(V)=Pie
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=Pie »

Maybe I'll make one too. =-P I did enjoy reading this.

Signature by Dash. Thank you!
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

good read. im half way down lol and no worries. I don't dwell on the past

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
HaHa
Forums Elite

Post by HaHa »

Oh yes, I remember the glorious days of Viper destroying clans.
I could only relate from |F-117| :P

Edit: Weren't you BrokenPhoenix at some point?
=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

Very good read. I remember the -[AA]- days very well, I never knew that someone like you Viper could hand me my ass in spawnkilling. To be honest, Bigsaam and Flawless are the ones who taught me how to spawnkill, it got so out of hand, that WINGS had to put spawn protection on their server (if I remember correctly). So I like to think, that because of the three of us, that's why spawn protection is used nowadays. But hey, that's just me and I could be wrong, so..
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

HaHa wrote:Oh yes, I remember the glorious days of Viper destroying clans.
I could only relate from |F-117| :P

Edit: Weren't you BrokenPhoenix at some point?
During a {WINGS} Sabotage project I did yes. I remember that! lol I had a signature the size of a desktop wallpaper just to piss people off.

=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

=(V)=CandyMan wrote:Very good read. I remember the -[AA]- days very well, I never knew that someone like you Viper could hand me my ass in spawnkilling. To be honest, Bigsaam and Flawless are the ones who taught me how to spawnkill, it got so out of hand, that WINGS had to put spawn protection on their server (if I remember correctly). So I like to think, that because of the three of us, that's why spawn protection is used nowadays. But hey, that's just me and I could be wrong, so..

I started my RX skills with spawnkilling, because it was all I knew how to do. Hence why I say to this day spawn killing is a noob tactic. I grew out of it once I was able to fly so much, I do it on occasion to get a flag carrier safely back and ensure no one is going to follow me when I grab the flag, but I'm a score whore now. So that means it's all about flag kills, captures, and base sealing. Not to mention my wicked ways of getting away from explosions (I really can't explain how I get out of a situation 90% of the time, I'm sure it's just my mind doing a subconscious flick and I see the openings in split second decisions).

=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

Good read Viper. You've had quite an interesting UT career. I've also been playing UT for a long time. I started playing UT when it first came out in 1999, about the same time as Quake III Arena. At the time I started playing, I was working two jobs. I was working full-time with AT&T (desktop and server support), and then part-time for CompUSA as a technician.

While I was with AT&T, I was management and then we had the occupational techs next door who maintained the network and computer hardware. Now, those guys brought up a UT server and that's what really got me into it. They asked me if I played, and at the time I didn't, so they gave me the game to load-up. We played over the network and had a blast. We'd play during lunch and at the end of the day. It got to be addicting. There would nearly always be someone on the server when I'd go in. Such a blast. Then I read up on how to setup a UT server, then brought my own up at work. I even had another server as our re-direct! Worked like a charm. Very cool. Then I started to add mods and skins and all sorts of things. I'm telling you, every single day we'd get everyone together and just go at it. I miss those days.

Then in March of 2003, after I was downsized by AT&T, I dove into UT full time. I had so much time on my hands because of being unemployed, that I didn't give a shit. Then I discovered a few, (actually a ton at the time), of DM and CTF servers. I just said fuck it, collected unemployment and played UT.

One of these servers was run by TTS (Tiger Team Slaw). So I decided to join. They accepted my application and I eventually became a server admin. Back then though, we didn't have a lot of the server admin tools that exist today, but I was able to manage. As always, we also had a lot of internal conflict which created problems which eventually caused TTS to break up. Actually, a part of TTS was resurrected some time later, but I wasn't part of it. Then I was asked by one of the founders of TTS, Ken Drinkall, who by the way, was an excellent server admin as well, to go with him to form a new clan - TUC (The Underground Clan). So I did. I continued as server admin there as well. I don't know that TUC was ever as strong a clan as TTS though, but at the time, I was content. Then as clans will be clans, there was further drama and nonsense and I quit and joined TDC (forget what the acronym is) TDC lasted for a while but eventually broke up as well. So I didn't bother joining any clan for a long time. Then, I started playing RX on HOF. I loved it and have been playing ever since. Then I discovered Vulpine Mission and the rest is history.

What I failed to mention is that while I was with TTS, TUC and TDC, I was not just a mapper, but modded the code for the rifles and other weapons too. I really enjoyed it. Trouble is, before joining VM, there was a long period for which I did no mapping at all and no gun coding, so I've forgotten how to do a lot of the stuff I used to be so good at. Now? You don't use it, you lose it. I just don't have the time to work my brain to bring all that stuff back again. My job of IT manager for the company I work for is very high focus, and I have to on top of my game all the time. I'm old enough to be your father, and that goes for nearly every else in VM. I think I do pretty well for an (older) guy though. Many of you have seen "Badco" on our servers. Badco is my nephew. He's 49! I'm 57! Badco used to be a mapper too. He was with TTS and possibly TUC. I can't remember exactly, that was a quite a while ago. Badco may start doing some mapping work again because I'm trying to get him back into it. He did a really cool DM map of his condo some years ago. His condo map was a perfect clone of the inside of his condo. Incredible piece of work. I think you'd like it. He also did a dragstrip map where when you touched the dragster, it would shoot off to the end of the dragstrip - a lot of intricate mover work. He did a very good job.

Anyhow, that's a little bit of my UT career. Just thought I'd give you some of my background as well. :thumbup
tha chef
Forums Participant

Post by tha chef »

I like reading this kind of stuff, everyone had such a different experience with this game and it's communities, very interesting. I'd like to read some others stories as well, but should probably start a new thread for people's UT history. Fair warning, if I ever post mine it will be a small book's worth of material, get ready..
A^3
Forums Elite

Post by A^3 »

tha chef wrote:I like reading this kind of stuff, everyone had such a different experience with this game and it's communities, very interesting. I'd like to read some others stories as well, but should probably start a new thread for people's UT history. Fair warning, if I ever post mine it will be a small book's worth of material, get ready..
Would love to hear how you were my protege, student, pupil etc. I'll do one next week when I have a few days off.
tha chef
Forums Participant

Post by tha chef »

Your greatest accomplishment. You're definitely a part of my history bitch. It's been 8 years since WINGS man.
NyteBlayDe
Forums Master

Post by NyteBlayDe »

Vip ,I enjoyed reading your story wow.

Can't make mine as most of you won't get it if i really was there :biggrin
Last edited by NyteBlayDe on Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signature made by =(V)=D/\SH
BIG_JAKE-}X{_{HoF}
Forums Elite

Post by BIG_JAKE-}X{_{HoF} »

Picked up my first copy of Unreal back in 98 and played it for a little bit on my Gateway 133.(LOL) Didnt like it much and stopped playing for a while. Got married in 94 and moved with my wife to Sunnyvale, CA where I met my buddy Rob who handed me a game. Unreal Tournament. Said I have a different version, This is the second part. I loaded it up on my new Gateway 166 with a VOODOO 5500 video card and haven't stopped since. Played with a clan called {Divinia} where I met a lot of cool people. My first screen name was Chris..LOL then moved on to AssKicker, which I wasnt! Then I came across a server called Mortality. It's where the RX started and I learned how to fly. Had a lot of fun for a few years and became great friends with Ed {FrAgEd} James {GameGod} and the list goes on. Eventually we started the }x{ clan as a joke. We ended up having Clan wars on Saturday nights for a few years. It was a blast. End up changing my name to {BIG_JAKE} It was my dogs name. Spent many hours Testing and helping Ed perfect the RX. Start on Friday night and end Sunday night. Not sure how the Hell we did it. After a long run on Mortality Ed closed the server down because of the Dot Com crash. We both lost our jobs and Ed couldn't host the server from his house anymore. Then at some point in time, Nate }cseckmate{ Took over Mortality and changed the server name to Evolution. That lasted a few years. Then met this guy Lort-Bruno who I helped teach how to fly the RX and a few tips on running a server. Months go by and we shut down Evolution. lort finds me playing on Rosebum and asked if I would come play on his RX server? Played on the {Wings} server for a while until Lort shut it down. Then joined {HoF} and here I am. Started playing UT in my early 30's and now I'm 50. I'm sure I left a lot out. Many all night games and a pissed off wife. Couldn't ask for a better game. :weed
Why run, you will only die tired!

Return to “Spam for fun”