New PC build

Need help with computer related stuff? This is their spot!
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Re: New PC build

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

I totally appreciates the resources guys... but the little i3 that I am typing this up on right now....... Linux version 18... Holy eff... no errors... I think I am done with anything with concerning Winblows.

~ Don't Let The Bastards Drag You Down ~

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel
Loading…

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

what Linux are you running? i have a couple of Virtual machines with Linux on them. I'll never switch but i like to know what people run. Also curious if you can play on the ACE server.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm
That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!

=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

I don't have to piece together anything from PC Partspicker.

I am now the proud owner of a new gaming rig :)

It's all AMD, which goes against everything I have trained myself to believe since I had a Win 3.1 machine back in the day.

I was in search of an i5 or better with an nVidia card. Instead..... I went to the dark side.

Got a six core with a Sapphire RX470

Saw it on the internet this morning at a place called OfferUp and the dude lived 25 minutes away. We both agreed to meet half way and I by-passed the offerup site and threw cash in his hands.

The card is a few years old, but everything else is brand new. I am using it right now to type this. It does have Win 10 Home on it, and I think I will take Kevster and RocketJedi's recommendation and roll with it. I will have to locate the corporate edition of Win 10, though. To go from Win 7 Ultimate edition to this..... almost makes me want to put Ubuntu Linux 18 on it..... almost.

See ya in the servers, Gentlemen.

~ Don't Let The Bastards Drag You Down ~

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel
Loading…

=(V)=~Sean~ wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:21 am
I don't have to piece together anything from PC Partspicker.

I am now the proud owner of a new gaming rig :)

It's all AMD, which goes against everything I have trained myself to believe since I had a Win 3.1 machine back in the day.

I was in search of an i5 or better with an nVidia card. Instead..... I went to the dark side.

Got a six core with a Sapphire RX470

Saw it on the internet this morning at a place called OfferUp and the dude lived 25 minutes away. We both agreed to meet half way and I by-passed the offerup site and threw cash in his hands.

The card is a few years old, but everything else is brand new. I am using it right now to type this. It does have Win 10 Home on it, and I think I will take Kevster and RocketJedi's recommendation and roll with it. I will have to locate the corporate edition of Win 10, though. To go from Win 7 Ultimate edition to this..... almost makes me want to put Ubuntu Linux 18 on it..... almost.

See ya in the servers, Gentlemen.
If you have a key you may be able to change it. good luck with your new system. I think by next winter I may be building a new system.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote:

=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

I heard from the grapevine, that RJ is looking to build a kickass 386 SX machine. I'm told, he doesn't like the math co-processor. LOL :laugh

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel
Loading…

=(V)=Kevster wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:03 pm
I heard from the grapevine, that RJ is looking to build a kickass 386 SX machine. I'm told, he doesn't like the math co-processor. LOL :laugh
pfff I heard the 286 is the tits.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote:

Return to “Computer Geeks”