UT Cache Cleaner how to download and use.

Need help with computer related stuff? This is their spot!
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

UT Cache Cleaner how to download and use.

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

1. download and install utcache cleaner here ----> http://www.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=U ... eaner3.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=SILVER_FOX
Pilot First Class

Re: UT Cache Cleaner how to download and use.

Post by =(V)=SILVER_FOX »

Nice post thanks .. it does help because I ended up with the "UT cache cleaner Troubleshooter" by default instead of the actual "3.0 cache claeaner" it self ..lol

sig by =(V)=DASH
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

glad to assist :)

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
Chamberly
Forums Participant

Post by Chamberly »

I use the same program but let me assist with a couple of more details, may I?

In this image, right clicking on such file with a blue highlight will ask you about the file should be moved or not.
Basically what it does, is to prevent it from being moved during Run button... And if you press Yes, it will not be moved and set to True under the Never Move list so you really don't have to worry about bothering of finding it being removed from your cache. This is really helpful for beta testing, dealing with crap load of file mismatches, and whatever.

The check mark on the right side of the files. They are checked as default for new files that has been downloaded... and if you uncheck them, clicking on the Run button at the bottom will not move the unchecked file from your Cache folder. Now when you load up the program again, it will still be there... like a temporary hold on until you have it checked and Run it into the directive folders. If not, make sure it have a check mark in the File List tab.

Let's also take advantage of the Never Move tab.
Let's say there is a file you want to add to the list to Never Move manually. Well, you can do it here. Just type NameOfFile.ext and add it to the list. I'm not sure about adding just the name... yet but I just added test and it work, so ta-da. And once that is done, it will not move any other cache that have the same name, regardless of extension of it.

If you want to remove such file from the list, click on the name.ext (or a name, no ext) specified and click Remove Selected. Then after you Run the cache cleaner, the such file could be in your directive folder.

So what's this extra file with another ext that is the same or different ext? Well, since they have different code as for MD5 Hash, the file is completely different because they have been edited and saved, regardless of different extension or not.

These are the regular thing I use with this program (cache management) and if I need to get any file from the cache anytime, I can look in my Cache.INI from my Cache Folder, look for such file I'm looking for, get a few MD5 Hash and match it up with one in my Cache folder (aka MD5Hash.uxx) and copy that file, drag it to a directive folder I want as I'm leaving a copy in my Cache folder, and rename the dragged one and viola, it's useable for a few things such as Unreal Editor.

Just a note... As I was told, installing this on a Windows 8 or 8.1 wouldn't work because of missing such file, unless you have it, put it in the folder as Windows 7 have. The detail of this can be found here:
-Added info, thanks to Dr.Flay!-
Dr.Flay wrote:It is a common issue in all Windows for the "Microsoft C Runtime Library" files to become corrupted by old installers that don't check for version info.

If you think you should have the C Libs installed, try using the MS System File Checker (you already have it) to see if it can fix your install.
https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

All the main Visual C Runtime files are available from Microsoft
https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019667

Windows 7 (and above) users can manually add the 2 missing files into the correct folders.
http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-ti ... windows-7/
Alright, I think that's all I can mention for now. Until later... See ya!
Last edited by Chamberly on Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Thanks Chamberly!!

medor
Forums Elite

Post by medor »

Cham this dll is for run UTv3 not need for UTcachecleanerV3 if UT run fine.

Info
UTMilk cache cleaner no mismatch http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/foru ... =11&t=2122
Chamberly
Forums Participant

Post by Chamberly »

The dll is more familiar to someone (with Win 8) who have same problem trying install this program I mentioned. So more or less, it's likely related and that's why I mentioned it.
medor
Forums Elite

Post by medor »

Oh ok
Chamberly
Forums Participant

Post by Chamberly »

Ok, I updated the post and replaced the link with some more accurate info. ;)
=(V)=Mar
Colonel

Post by =(V)=Mar »

Thanks for the extra info Chamberly! :thumbup
Hook
V.I.P.

Post by Hook »

Good to know! :)
= Hook =
http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
or also http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/page/hutp-main for site info.
SERVER NAME: CROSSBONES Lucifurs Missile Madness {CMM} PRO-REDEEMER
PRO-REDEEMER / PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer / PRO-SEEKER-Redeemer

IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 or unreal://68.232.181.236:7777
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

bump for those with cache cleaning issues / questions

Return to “Computer Geeks”