Need help win7 Reboots.

Need help with computer related stuff? This is their spot!
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Need help win7 Reboots.

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
BIG_JAKE-}X{_{HoF}
Forums Elite

Post by BIG_JAKE-}X{_{HoF} »

So how do I test it if windows doesnt even boot up?
Why run, you will only die tired!
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

BIG_JAKE-}X{_{HoF} wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:34 pm So how do I test it if windows doesnt even boot up?
make a boot cd with this iso https://www.seagate.com/files/www-conte ... 223ALL.ISO

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

I would have posted a really good bootable diagnostics DVD for you, but I don't have my FTP server running anymore. Would have been great because it has all sorts of great utilities that might aid in helping you diagnose what the issue with that machine is. I had one that I was trying to find that looks for bad sectors, but I can't find the program. If I find it, I'll make it available to you.

The one that RJ posted is good too. I've used it before. :thumbup
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

=(V)=Kevster wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:32 pm I would have posted a really good bootable diagnostics DVD for you, but I don't have my FTP server running anymore. Would have been great because it has all sorts of great utilities that might aid in helping you diagnose what the issue with that machine is. I had one that I was trying to find that looks for bad sectors, but I can't find the program. If I find it, I'll make it available to you.

Like this one? ;) http://www.hirensbootcd.org/

=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:52 pm
=(V)=Kevster wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:32 pm I would have posted a really good bootable diagnostics DVD for you, but I don't have my FTP server running anymore. Would have been great because it has all sorts of great utilities that might aid in helping you diagnose what the issue with that machine is. I had one that I was trying to find that looks for bad sectors, but I can't find the program. If I find it, I'll make it available to you.

Like this one? ;) http://www.hirensbootcd.org/
Similar to Hiren's, which is great, but the one I have, has even more utilities on it. This one was made by some Russian or Polish guy. Guy did an excellent job of putting together a boat-load of great utilities on this DVD. Can never find what I'm looking for though, when I'm looking for it LOL

I have it at home, already in ISO format. It's close to 3 GB's of stuff.
=(V)=SILVER_FOX
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=SILVER_FOX »

Ok that problem is caused by faulty memory.. If not u have to change the HDD mode in the bios to AHCI, SCSI or what have u.... In most cases if the hhd mode is not set correct windows will not detect it during setup or u will get restarts. Also make sure all bois setting are set for windows 7 and 64 bit OS. And if i read correctly u had the original restore cd's.... so unless the cd's are damaged (hold them up to a light and see if their are scratches that went through the top surface by looking from the bottom side) or u may actually have a bad motherboard. But I have had this problem with many desktop computers and 80% of the time it was bad memory. Last resort after u tried with guaranteed good memory, is to clean that motherboard. So depending on how dirty the board is u can use a can of air for pc cleaning or take everything of the board that can come off and be put back on and wash it with a tooth brush and dish washing liquid.. Rinse thoroughly and then shake off the water by swinging the board. Be sure to hold it good !.. Then blow dry it with all settings on high and be sure to put the blow dryer directly to the cpu socket to blow out any hidden or stuck water from between the board and the socket Also do the same for the memory slots and the PCI slots. Once your satisfied that its dry start re-assembly and go for it :goodluck :thumbup

sig by =(V)=DASH

Return to “Computer Geeks”