How Has Covid effected you?

=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Re: How Has Covid effected you?

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

I guess there is a silver lining through all of this.. the positive sides of 2020 are that I paid off all of debts and I am now debt free, I have a credit card and I have one subscription on it that I pay on time monthly. My goal is within the next 6-8 months to have at least a 2018-2020 vehicle and within the next 2 years have a 2-bedroom house.

In the meantime, be in the work program, so I can be trained in other departments, for a possible assistant manager/manager position.
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

That's the spirit Candy! It's much better to think about the positive aspect of things, as opposed to the negative aspects. Good things are coming you way bro. :thumbup
=(V)=Mar
Colonel

Post by =(V)=Mar »

It's worst here on 3rd world countries (or maybe just mine).
We have been on constant quarantine since March. We get to get out once every 15 days (based on ID number last digit), and when you go out only supermarkets, banks and some others company types are allowed to operate.

Economy is full downhill, luckily I work with IT Company so I can work from home (but took a salary cut). There have been multiple layoff nationwide and lots of small-medium companies have closed.
Government has gone full corrupt-mode and doesn't help at all. Just buying overvalued medical equipment that don't even work. They just use it for stealing money.

I just hope to keep my job and that this end soon.
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

^ "Government has gone full corrupt-mode and doesn't help at all. Just buying overvalued medical equipment that don't even work. They just use it for stealing money."

How unusual....... that NEVER happens. :)

~ Don't Let The Bastards Drag You Down ~
evilgrins
Forums Master

Post by evilgrins »

Just learned that the free public transit ends next month, August 1st.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

=(V)=Mar wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:48 am It's worst here on 3rd world countries (or maybe just mine).
We have been on constant quarantine since March. We get to get out once every 15 days (based on ID number last digit), and when you go out only supermarkets, banks and some others company types are allowed to operate.

Economy is full downhill, luckily I work with IT Company so I can work from home (but took a salary cut). There have been multiple layoff nationwide and lots of small-medium companies have closed.
Government has gone full corrupt-mode and doesn't help at all. Just buying overvalued medical equipment that don't even work. They just use it for stealing money.

I just hope to keep my job and that this end soon.
sad sad world we live in. Even hackers are taking advantage of Covid. Our company has been hit with a new unknown crypto virus and were all unable to work. I'm working from home still. I go in occasionally to the office, but now I cant even do that. Our government sucks a big D*** and corrupt as well sadly.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

I know a husband and wife team of EMT's

They went to go have the Covid test, and waited for over an hour. They got tired of waiting and left... 3 days later they got a letter in the mail stating they were Covid-Positive. The same thing happened to relatives of theirs. If the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania states we have 1000 this or that day, in all actuality it's probably 250.

They are doing this to scare the crap out of everybody, control the economy, and ask for more federal funding so they can fill their pockets. The whole damn planet is corrupt as all hell. The Federal Reserve (who has nothing to do with The United States at all - it's run by England) says if we keep this endless spending nonsense up, we will be in debt to them for 15+ years.

This is what they all tell us. Who knows if any of it is actually true.

Pandemic = Scamdemic

=(V)=Kevster

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

sad sad world we live in. Even hackers are taking advantage of Covid. Our company has been hit with a new unknown crypto virus and were all unable to work. I'm working from home still. I go in occasionally to the office, but now I cant even do that. Our government sucks a big D*** and corrupt as well sadly.

In the entire time I've been the IT manager for the company I work for, we've only had (2) ransomware attacks, (fortunately) which were kicked off by users who clicked on attachments supposedly from FedEx, who BTW, doesn't send email attachments. The users who got infected, didn't realize that though. Outside of that? Never. That's because our front line of defense is via Barracuda email security, which scans for viruses, trojans and all sorts of other nastiness, before it even hits the Exchange servers. Then the Exchange servers have further protection.

If it were to actually get past that, we use Bit Defender Gravity Zone, the enterprise version of Bit Defender. There isn't much, if anything, that gets past Bit Defender Gravity Zone, including known or unknown strains of ransomware. And lastly, I have complete machine images of all the windows machines in our company. So, if we ever got hit? Wouldn't matter. I can restore a machine in less than 30 minutes to the point of when the image was created. Then bring the user's files back from the cloud and the user is back online. Then just wave my middle finger at the ransomware jackasses.

I don't however, have images of all the Macs, but it still doesn't matter. We keep everything in the cloud. Nothing is stored locally. We have no local servers. Another benefit to doing it this way, is that hackers can't hack into something that doesn't exist. We have no VPN because there's nothing to VPN into. I don't however, take anything for granted, so I'm always monitoring our network and tracking things that might cause problems. The biggest problem we have now is spam, scams and people attempting to masquerade as legitimate company users. I have a good handle on that too.

RJ is right, about hackers taking advantage of this Covid-19 nonsense. I've seen an increase in virus and attempted fraud activity, especially with email traffic. The hackers are getting very creative in how they present their attacks to companies. I'll give you an example. I was actually getting spammed about 3 weeks ago. I tried everything to block the jackass. I was blocking email headers, the from address and specific words. Whoever this was, seemed to always find a way around it. I even blocked an entire scope of IP addresses. Then the jackass got a new block of IP addresses. Then I blocked that scope. That's when I said I've had enough of this BS. I tracked down the ISP and explained the situation. I also told them that if you don't stop this person from spamming me, that I'll contact the appropriate federal authorities. They didn't like hearing that, and didn't want to get involved with the feds. Long story short? No more spam emails from that person. End of problem.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

=(V)=Kevster wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:35 pm sad sad world we live in. Even hackers are taking advantage of Covid. Our company has been hit with a new unknown crypto virus and were all unable to work. I'm working from home still. I go in occasionally to the office, but now I cant even do that. Our government sucks a big D*** and corrupt as well sadly.

In the entire time I've been the IT manager for the company I work for, we've only had (2) ransomware attacks, (fortunately) which were kicked off by users who clicked on attachments supposedly from FedEx, who BTW, doesn't send email attachments. The users who got infected, didn't realize that though. Outside of that? Never. That's because our front line of defense is via Barracuda email security, which scans for viruses, trojans and all sorts of other nastiness, before it even hits the Exchange servers. Then the Exchange servers have further protection.

If it were to actually get past that, we use Bit Defender Gravity Zone, the enterprise version of Bit Defender. There isn't much, if anything, that gets past Bit Defender Gravity Zone, including known or unknown strains of ransomware. And lastly, I have complete machine images of all the windows machines in our company. So, if we ever got hit? Wouldn't matter. I can restore a machine in less than 30 minutes to the point of when the image was created. Then bring the user's files back from the cloud and the user is back online. Then just wave my middle finger at the ransomware jackasses.

I don't however, have images of all the Macs, but it still doesn't matter. We keep everything in the cloud. Nothing is stored locally. We have no local servers. Another benefit to doing it this way, is that hackers can't hack into something that doesn't exist. We have no VPN because there's nothing to VPN into. I don't however, take anything for granted, so I'm always monitoring our network and tracking things that might cause problems. The biggest problem we have now is spam, scams and people attempting to masquerade as legitimate company users. I have a good handle on that too.

RJ is right, about hackers taking advantage of this Covid-19 nonsense. I've seen an increase in virus and attempted fraud activity, especially with email traffic. The hackers are getting very creative in how they present their attacks to companies. I'll give you an example. I was actually getting spammed about 3 weeks ago. I tried everything to block the jackass. I was blocking email headers, the from address and specific words. Whoever this was, seemed to always find a way around it. I even blocked an entire scope of IP addresses. Then the jackass got a new block of IP addresses. Then I blocked that scope. That's when I said I've had enough of this BS. I tracked down the ISP and explained the situation. I also told them that if you don't stop this person from spamming me, that I'll contact the appropriate federal authorities. They didn't like hearing that, and didn't want to get involved with the feds. Long story short? No more spam emails from that person. End of problem.
my company is stupid and still uses McAfee. We also have over 10k employees so there's that.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

I just happened to stumble across this.

My disclaimer here is none of us actually knows what the truth is, but I think this person really shed some light into my mind.

Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

Post by Cross_Eyed_Noob »

=(V)=Kevster

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:12 am
=(V)=Kevster wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:35 pm sad sad world we live in. Even hackers are taking advantage of Covid. Our company has been hit with a new unknown crypto virus and were all unable to work. I'm working from home still. I go in occasionally to the office, but now I cant even do that. Our government sucks a big D*** and corrupt as well sadly.

my company is stupid and still uses McAfee. We also have over 10k employees so there's that.
When I worked for AT&T in IT, they were using McAfee too. Had nothing but problems with it. Would crash machines too. I couldn't convince them to switch to something better either. Some higher up got a good deal on McAfee, for the entire company and made himself look good, while the techs like myself, had to deal with the nonsense associated with crap-ass anti-virus software. :censor
cancer_{HoF}
Forums Participant

Post by cancer_{HoF} »

Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:57 am
i still dont trust telstra lol
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:37 am where the hell have you been lmao Covid got you coming back to UT99 hehe

my life? cant do shit anymore with anyone

working from home with my wife and kid running around has been trying
soon after i posted this my Dad has a massive stroke and since then he has past away
a few that have me on facebook would know a bit on whats going on

now things are starting to come back now i can try to clear my head a little.
Biil/Chilz has been a big help with my mental health as i have family attacking me over my dads death.

can't work from home sadly man i work in the meat industry slaughter house
but might leave and open up an ice cream shop soon.

ill try to come back to you guys with more info on whats going on.
Just knocked off work a few hours ago and thought i drop bye here.

stay safe

~Luke

BTW you complain about McAfee .... well don't use Panda its worse lol
i use emsisoft if you wanted to know.
=(V)=SILVER_FOX
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=SILVER_FOX »

I'm just gonna say.. keep strong to all .. its late here ..im sleepy lol.. Maybe later on ill write some long ass stuff . But keep your heads up and fight the fight while u still can. :vmrocks :approvecool :peace

sig by =(V)=DASH
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master

Post by =(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ »

Have had a few family members get it, nothing serious to the point of hospitalization, but it has certainly impacted our daily lives.

Workwise it has slowed my work down alot, even though I can do work over the Phone or zoom, I've lost alot clients because they're low income and may not have reliable access to these. On top of that my steady stream of referrals from local hospitals and treatment centers is just a trickle now because nobody wants to go to the hospital.

Socially, im isolated as all hell, cant really get out to see any of my friends cause were all in the same boat, having young kids and not wanting to risk sharing and bringing it back home

Schoolwise, I had some setbacks but im back on track now and applying for internships and completing my dissertation

Return to “General Discussion”