What drives you to play UT? Hmmm?

Post Reply
User avatar
=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor
Posts: 1824
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:02 pm
Location: United States Somewhere
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

What drives you to play UT? Hmmm?

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

For me? It's a release, after a hard day of work. It's just cool to enter a virtual environment and play against other players, RX, sniper, etc., who might also be in the game for the same reason. What can I say? I might even call it an addiction, because I've been playing UT99 since 1999. So the gaming action and interaction between myself and other players is just a great release. I don't think anyone ever thought that UT99 weaponry would ever evolve to using RX's. They make the game way more fun than using just standard weapons. Anyway, that's my take on it.

NOTE: I figured I'd start a new post since there's been very little of them lately. :rolleyes2

What say you? :approvecool
Image
User avatar
EvolutionZero
V.I.P.
Posts: 1202
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:29 pm

Re: What drives you to play UT? Hmmm?

Post by EvolutionZero »

everyone here prolly uses discord instead of these forums now adays. I do like discord, but i wish my clan still used forums for certain things like administrative and server conversations instead of crap ass facebook. Anyway, i love every aspect of UT. I am my clans server admin and i love messing with servers and then playing on them to see the changes ive made. When i was younger and bored in school i would design maps on paper and then go home and make them (sadly only 2 of them were ever really played, 1 of them if i may say so myself is a pretty solid rx map i rly gatta give u guys one day, but i gatta finish it first). Now adays i dont much care for map making, however now that we are getting back into ut4 im having to make our ut99 maps into ut4 maps and even tho i dont like map making im still ganna do it, i love the maps, i love the games that are played on said maps and i love kickin the shit outta my friends every week ;). FTB is still alive 20 years later because it is a group of great friends who above all else just wanna get on ts, shoot the shit and piss each other off in game :D . Alot of FTB members, past and present, have met one another irl throughout its history and even tho UT is the most customizable fps ever (making it the best ever), at the end of the day its bonds like we, and other groups such as urselves, have that keep us coming back for more.
Image
Image
User avatar
=(V)=Stample
Co-Leader
Posts: 351
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:30 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: What drives you to play UT? Hmmm?

Post by =(V)=Stample »

I grew up playing it, it's been a part of my life for longer than any other game. The nostalgia value is quite high for me, so I doubt I'll ever stop playing, until the game takes its last breath.
User avatar
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 11401
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: New York
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: What drives you to play UT? Hmmm?

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

nothing drives me to play these days. Been playing since I was 20yrs old IT doesn't have any nostalgia for me anymore.
Image
Image
Image

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
User avatar
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.
Posts: 910
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:21 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: What drives you to play UT? Hmmm?

Post by Cross_Eyed_Noob »

=(V)=Stample wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:08 am I grew up playing it, it's been a part of my life for longer than any other game. The nostalgia value is quite high for me, so I doubt I'll ever stop playing, until the game takes its last breath.
+1
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader
Posts: 2090
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:59 pm
Location: Narnia
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: What drives you to play UT? Hmmm?

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit »

Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:48 pm
=(V)=Stample wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:08 am I grew up playing it, it's been a part of my life for longer than any other game. The nostalgia value is quite high for me, so I doubt I'll ever stop playing, until the game takes its last breath.
+1
+1

I love the release as well Kev. And as for RJ it just sounds like you're burnt out brotha. Wish you weren't but. Yes. I love hoping on and the camaraderie and play.

Sadly not as many people play it as even 3 years ago. It's getting harder and harder to find a full server when I hop on. And work has me working so much it's hard to get on anymore. Wish I could more often.

You all are my homies. Thank you for keeping this alive!!!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

Image
User avatar
=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor
Posts: 1824
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:02 pm
Location: United States Somewhere
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: What drives you to play UT? Hmmm?

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:20 pm nothing drives me to play these days. Been playing since I was 20yrs old IT doesn't have any nostalgia for me anymore.
Oh RJ, you say that to all the girls! LOL :vmrocks
Image
User avatar
=(V)=Stample
Co-Leader
Posts: 351
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:30 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: What drives you to play UT? Hmmm?

Post by =(V)=Stample »

=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:20 pm nothing drives me to play these days. Been playing since I was 20yrs old IT doesn't have any nostalgia for me anymore.
we miss your old ass :(

pop in every once in awhile for our sake, if nothing else
User avatar
Nyx
Forums Master
Posts: 521
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:46 pm

Re: What drives you to play UT? Hmmm?

Post by Nyx »

The game is fun and timeless, as I've been playing it since day one. Although the state of the game made me move from it. Wish Epic knew how to make a good remake of UT99. Every release has been worse than the original.
Image
User avatar
=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master
Posts: 7014
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:19 pm
Location: The Throne of VM
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: What drives you to play UT? Hmmm?

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

Back when I was in school, I was bullied, most of you know this story already. UT was my way of not only escaping but my way of being the "bully", you know, to see how it would feel. You know the saying, "what's good for the goose, is good for the gander...", how is it that, good things happen to bad people but bad things happen to good? Back then, that didn't click for me, I didn't realize it until I got older but in UT, I wanted to be the bully, be something that I wasn't in the real world, I caused something, drama. Unfortunately, it was bad drama, sadly, when I would apologize for it, I was sorry, but no one believed me, and rightfully so, because I'd go back to it again, because, hell, I wanted to be something and feel that power of being the fucking bully.

In 2011, I came back, right? Again, bringing drama, this time more of entertainment, more of what I am. I go to a party, or an event, I light the room up. People are happy to see me, they're excited. The drama I brought here, I hoped you guys enjoyed, the Chopper showdown, Boyzel and I, etc. that's all it was, pure excitement. You either hated it or loved it, it was fun, that's how I am, fun. But it fazed out. My enjoyment today? My nieces, work, travelling, vacations, trying new places to eat, is paying off my car, building my credit, focusing on my career, buying a house, and hopefully someday being a dad. That's enjoyment.

I can't imagine why someone wanted to bully me back in the day. Still eats at me what was wrong with me, because there's nothing wrong with me. Even the shit I did in UT, to HoF, to RJ and his crew, it was stupid by all means, childish, I knew what I was doing and that's why I choose not to be a bully in today's world. My quote on Facebook is this, "be the light in this dark world. do good and receive good but expect nothing in return. 🌻", and I live by that. I put smiles on faces and go on with my day, my friend the other week lost money, he was pissed, and I told him, you good? He said, no, I lost money, I said suck it up, you can't do nothing about it but you just made someone's day, look at it that way. He said, you're right, I had fun regardless, spent the day with you, watched a fantastic movie and eating great food. Why get bent out of shape over stupid shit? Fuck it and keep moving. Can't change the past, but you can create the future.

The game was fun for me, and will always be part of my life, because many faces left an impact on me, molded me to become who I am today. Right, STARS. Names like her that I remember, and I will continue to tear up when I mention their names, Toxic, Duke, Bratt.. They will always have an impact on me, Ven.

I hope one day, I can be an awesome Father, a loving husband; but for now, I will continue to shed light, put smiles on faces, because you don't know what someone is going through and I know this, I don't want to be the gander.

I love you guys, even though I'm not here anymore, or am I. 😏
Image
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

User avatar
evilgrins
Forums Master
Posts: 654
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:37 am
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 7 times
Contact:

Re: What drives you to play UT? Hmmm?

Post by evilgrins »

Initially, stress release. I had a nasty breakup in 1999, and then I discovered UT.
User avatar
=(V)=TheRegular
Forums Elite
Posts: 359
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:14 am
Location: Long Island , New York
Contact:

Re: What drives you to play UT? Hmmm?

Post by =(V)=TheRegular »

I like this question & all the answers,

My reason is because I was really into computers all my life since my uncles were as well & I had my first personal computer at the age of 7 & one of my parent's tenants built it & gave me a copy of UT & I remember playing the story mode ( because I didn't know about multiplayer ) so I beat it no cheating against the God Like Xan the Robot, it was tough so I started playing just because I loved video games I guess it was just second nature to me.

& what drives me is also nostalgia & it's just a great way to escape from the reality's of life & before I met all of you, I also met A LOT of good/cool people, staying up till 6-7 am playing BT & Zark & Roseanne Bum, UT is actually a better game then a lot of the bullsh*t now a days,

I hope one day I can get rich & have connections for them to start UT4 again, I think that would bring back a lot of familiar faces, but yea UT 4 EVA ladies & gentleman.

LOVE <3
Image
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”