RX8 Feedback 3

Nghtmre
Forums Member

Re: RX8 Feedback 3

Post by Nghtmre »

I feel like the rx speed is too slow, as is the missile.
=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:46 pm
=(V)=Kevster wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:23 am I don't care for the characteristics of the current RX. Doesn't seem right to me. I still think that the best RX ever, was the green/black one, used and or created by HOF. I think that version was the most fun and had the least issues. BTW, I'm not taking anything away from Master Mar. Mar is an incredible coder that I know we're all thankful for. He certainly knows his stuff. I'm just stating my personal opinion with regards to comparing the two RX versions.
I think your memory has gone a little hazy. Any previous version RX had major stability issues such as server crashes and user gpf's. When you jump off the jet you lag. missile fly's near you you lag etc..
Wrong RJ. Nothing wrong with the Kevster's memory. My memory works quite well. I have a video to prove it. You even saw it. I posted it some time back. I played many games (before becoming VM), with the HOF RX and never had the problems that I've seen with the current RX. I don't remember GPF's with the HOF RX. It was actually quite stable, for me anyway.
Nghtmre
Forums Member

Post by Nghtmre »

HoF server would crash 10 times every map back then. lol
=(V)=MangaGate
Forums Elite

Post by =(V)=MangaGate »

Nghtmre wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:34 pm HoF server would crash 10 times every map back then. lol
{WINGS} Server got to be the same way, crashing alot due to the jets. The reason was as talked about by Mar when he remade the jets. The old jets had so much code piled up from each iteration that it was very unstable. Due to Mar being so awesome he was able to remake it with less code and better stability, If I am correct.

sig by D/\SH

=(V)=Stample
Co-Leader

Post by =(V)=Stample »

No one in the server is happy with this, every time I've played people have been bitching about the speed. The vote for speed, hull, and slide should have all been done separately, and then made into a public vote before any changes were implemented. Missile speed should maintain the same proportion to the jet speed as its been.

The result of these changes has been a decrease in server traffic, as it makes things harder for less experienced rx players, and gives ig players, (the biggest server emptiers) and top rx players a massive advantage. When I play, I'm now the only player capable of dodging ig players, and have noticed the general loss of chaos making things less fun for everyone. This isn't what was voted for, and the voting wasn't properly handled in the first place. Its too late in the games life for admins who don't understand the current meta to be forcing decisions like this. Get your shit together and fix what you broke before there is nothing left to fix.
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

Post by Cross_Eyed_Noob »

Nyx
Forums Master

Post by Nyx »

Ban players abusing glitches as you claim. And stop fucking rx settings up. Simple.
I can't get a game for the past two weeks that isn't past 5AM EUW.

Whatever you did to the server made it literally unplayable. Dodging rockets is almost luck based. As you said before IG is too easy.
If you wanna keep the little playerbase you have, your best interest is to revert the settings back to what they were.

Enforce rules and take care of rule breakers. Old school RX was never this slow either, I don't know where you got that concept from?

I ping this server quite often, and it's empty for the entire day. The only exception is late friday nights to saturday nights. The only time people actually play this game.

I'd love to play UT more but it's just not fun between the shitty map votes/few players playing or a server emptying after a map is played out.
=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

=(V)=Stample wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:21 pm No one in the server is happy with this, every time I've played people have been bitching about the speed. The vote for speed, hull, and slide should have all been done separately, and then made into a public vote before any changes were implemented. Missile speed should maintain the same proportion to the jet speed as its been.

The result of these changes has been a decrease in server traffic, as it makes things harder for less experienced rx players, and gives ig players, (the biggest server emptiers) and top rx players a massive advantage. When I play, I'm now the only player capable of dodging ig players, and have noticed the general loss of chaos making things less fun for everyone. This isn't what was voted for, and the voting wasn't properly handled in the first place. Its too late in the games life for admins who don't understand the current meta to be forcing decisions like this. Get your shit together and fix what you broke before there is nothing left to fix.
Get them on here. Every. Single. One. Of. Them. You won't. Get Shake, Astro, F5, Wirrow, etc. For an effective vote to go into place, I'm game for a poll, seriously, I am. We put a poll into effect, it's still not going to work. The same people are going to vote. You, me, RJ, Nyx, Zod, CEN, etc, and the same people who don't come on the forums, are still going to whine (like what's going on now).

Hmm.. if you don't like reading topics, you'd best start learning to do so. Cause since your last visit and post about this, the setting was changed as it wasn't initially.
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

Nyx wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:20 pm Ban players abusing glitches as you claim. And stop fucking rx settings up. Simple.
I can't get a game for the past two weeks that isn't past 5AM EUW.

Whatever you did to the server made it literally unplayable. Dodging rockets is almost luck based. As you said before IG is too easy.
If you wanna keep the little playerbase you have, your best interest is to revert the settings back to what they were.

Enforce rules and take care of rule breakers. Old school RX was never this slow either, I don't know where you got that concept from?

I ping this server quite often, and it's empty for the entire day. The only exception is late friday nights to saturday nights. The only time people actually play this game.

I'd love to play UT more but it's just not fun between the shitty map votes/few players playing or a server emptying after a map is played out.
It was too easy to dodge before, to be quite honest, dodging a missile has always been luck.. you're either going to dodge it or die, you're never going to fully dodge 100% of the missiles.

If I crack down on the rule breakers, the same problem we're having now with empty servers, we'll have later. Because at some point, everyone is going to break a rule. Slagg's "excessive" spawnkilling with an RX, I can't count how many times I've seen it done with an IG...

It's like we dropped an a bomb on them, like Hiroshima, it's like no one is giving this a chance. We've only had this on for, what, 2 weeks? Really? Just pinged the server, 9 people on, as we speak. When I pop in, during the afternoon, no one is on, but I sit on for a little bit, they come flocking on. :O Hmm..

Nyx
Forums Master

Post by Nyx »

Yes 9 people are on. Nice US West peak time. East was literally dead.
=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

Nyx wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:56 pm Yes 9 people are on. Nice US West peak time. East was literally dead.

=(V)=Stample
Co-Leader

Post by =(V)=Stample »

You can claim that there has been no negative consequences, but the traffic is thinning. I doubt you pay attention enough to notice this, but people stay on for fewer games than they did previously, reducing the chances that the server takes off in the first place. That's not to say it will get no traffic, but that you will lose all the small windows that people played earlier in the day. Of course you get traffic during the rush where most people play, but you are cutting off a huge portion of the population by only paying attention to the end of the night. But you don't pay attention, which is why we are having this issue.

Your claim that dodging missiles involves luck really does a great job of demonstrating why you shouldn't be making gameplay decisions. All you have to do is listen to the missile, take into account its speed vs yours, calculate the difference, and make an arc that makes it hit the ceiling/floor as you change your direction to be perpendicular to the direction in which the explosion is closest to you. This works regardless of the missile speed, as long as the missile is faster than the jet, you just have to adjust the technique.
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

Post by Cross_Eyed_Noob »

tbh from my experience, the biggest server emptier are the maps themselves

voting shitty maps = killing server instantly

like when i vote IG maps you know ...
Nyx
Forums Master

Post by Nyx »

This is the worst take I've ever seen. Don't ban retards because of traffic so ruin the experience for everyone, which long term is the worst thing you can do.

I'll say it again. I never had to wait fucking 5am my time to get games. This is ridiculous.

I'm sure that we can go back few months ago and find that there used to be some kind of healthy player base. Now it's almost impossible to get more than a game at friendly hours for east coast and eu players. (I'm talking past 11pm whether is EU or East).

At any time during this week the server was completely empty. I was hoping to get games this friday night. Guess what I gave up waiting for a game and as soon as I say fuck it I find 10 players in the server. I'm sorry but it never was like that in the past. And I strongly believe that the changes you've made did not help the situation either.

Thinking dodging missiles is luck based... you can't be serious right?

Did you also compare a skill shot vs someone relying on auto aim on your spawnkilling argument?
Nghtmre
Forums Member

Post by Nghtmre »

There's always going to be players unhappy with change, that's just the way it is. Unless I missed it, why were things changed in the first place?

The slower speed makes shooting down flyers a lot easier, which is kinda boring after awhile. At least when the speed was faster there was an actual challenge. We all know this game is at its end, the current changes definitely seemed to be just another nail in the coffin.

I keep seeing things about glitches. What glitches in particular?

The comparison about Slagg spawnkilling vs insta players spawnkilling is laughable. Someone that is flying around just taking a teams supply of rockets that are auto aim not to mention, plus can dive bomb, killing multiple players simultaneously vs players whom prefer to be on foot shooting a gun from a distance. Both circumstances are incomparable, one has much larger advantages than the other.

Please stop making the insta players seem like monsters killing the server, flyers can dodge shots, dive bomb, and use auto aim rockets. So who's really at a disadvantage here?

Return to “General Discussion”