Demorec. How to record video in UT.

BIG_JAKE-}X{_{HoF}
Forums Elite

Demorec. How to record video in UT.

Post by BIG_JAKE-}X{_{HoF} »

Not sure if this is posted or not. Just thought would post to help others. :weed

Disconnect from the game and reconnect as a spectator (tick the spec box in player setup). Click your way through the players until you find your suspect.
Open console and type "behindview 0" and you should have a players-eye view.
Also a good idea to type "demorec suspectcheat" to record a demo and gain some proof. (Will create the file "suspectcheat.dem" in your unreal/system directory which can be viewed later by typing "demoplay suspectcheat")
Now sit back and watch for telltales.

If watching a pre-recorded demo, opening console and type "slomo .5" (yes, point five) reduces the gamespeed by half and makes it much easier to spot telltales. Return to full speed with "slomo 1". Note this won't work if you're using Demomanager to start a game with ?timebased as that forces a consistent game speed.

If the crosshair jerks rapidly from one target to the other, instantly locking on then there is little doubt that he is cheating. Note that the more sophisticated bots will smooth the aiming to make it harder to detect and now even introduce wobble and overshoot.
If you're new to UT then you probably won't have the experience to tell a good player from a cheater using a sophisticated bot. If in doubt, ask someone else to view your demo or send it to the admin for his opinion.

Some players have custom skins that make speccing difficult - they plonk the weapon in the middle of the screen so you can't see what they're aiming at. If this happens, amend your own setup so "Weapon hand" is set to "Hidden" as you spec or when you watch the demo. Such a skin isn't proof of cheating on its own, but is sometimes used by cheaters.

If they only use instant-hit weapons be more suspect. Aimbots don't work too well with rockets, flak, slime or razor, though I have heard of an alt-flak bot, and even primary flak is far more effective with a bot close-up. Rockets are most effective when fired at an enemies feet - so someone doing this is not using a bot (unless they've temporarily disabled it).
Why run, you will only die tired!
SuperHex
Forums Elite

Re: Demorec. How to record video in UT.

Post by SuperHex »

You could also install xconsole! Super useful for this type of stuff and a lot more. I love it and has a built in recorder and you can set it up to record every game like i do. Just thought I should add this :)
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

=(V)=SuperHex wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 6:47 am You could also install xconsole! Super useful for this type of stuff and a lot more. I love it and has a built in recorder and you can set it up to record every game like i do. Just thought I should add this :)
<-- has xconsole didn't even know record worked..

stickied

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
SuperHex
Forums Elite

Post by SuperHex »

There is a LOT of things you can do that work on xconsole. Oh man I felt like I was in teamspeak for 5 hours just having a couple people teaching me how to do and customize everything

Return to “General Discussion”