Power to the People

Which setting should we edit first? The Hull, Slide or Speed?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:14 pm

Hull
No votes
Slide
36%
Speed
64%

Total votes: 11

=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Power to the People

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

Hey guys, first I just want to say, I'm sorry if things have been a little wacky lately on the server, this is what happened. We ran a poll in Management, to see if we should edit the settings with the RX8, and with majority of the votes leaning towards yes and the closure of said poll, we had our answer. But what we didn't vote on, is what we should edit first and then the speed was adjusted, now, I personally loved it and a few other's did as well but this wasn't about me, it was about everyone who participates on the server, and because it wasn't voted on, we had to sadly revert back. This was our biggest mistake, we made a change that wasn't agreed upon and for that, on behalf of myself and Vulpine Mission, I greatly apologize.

When things like this happen, the first thing I do, is apologize, check. The second, is message either RJ or Mar and have whatever was done, reversed and as you can see, as of a day or two ago, the speed has been reversed back to it original settings, check. The third thing, to make up for our horrible mistake, is have the people decide on whatever the change is that we're talking about or planning, you know what I'm talking about, a Power to the People.

Let me give you a rundown of why we're in the process of changing these settings, it's mainly to end the map glitching that the RX8 can easily do when players come across said disadvantages. Admins aren't present 24/7, even with an admin in spectate, they're not present all the time and players do not report all cases all the time. So, to make the game more enjoyable for all players, this is the most plausible solution. We could simply edit the maps, but that's too time consuming, would take map makers weeks, if not months, to complete a finished product, which they do not have. We could have some recode the RX8, but that would take weeks or months of time, that they simply do not have. So, we're stuck have no other option than to edit the settings, which take less than 5 minutes to do and take immediate effect.

Each setting, will benefit in their own respective manner:

Hull: Adds the extra armor (I may be wrong on this, someone with more expertise will have to explain this a little more)
Speed: Effects maneuverability of the jet
Slide: Effects maneuverability of the jet

Add damage, and it's a whole new ball game, especially when you're flying through nooks and crannies that the jet isn't supposed to fly through or using glitches. In the end, dog fighting will come back, or a player will have no choice but to have to abandon jet and fight on the ground, like a real champ. For now, the poll is only asking you what we should edit first, we're not going to edit each setting at once, it's only one at a time, and it will happen over a period of time, to give people enough time to adjust to each setting. I do not expect people to adjust overnight, but I hope to see people not give up within a month either.

I do hope that we can pull as much traffic in as possible to vote on this and to voice their opinion. Again, I apologize that we jumped the gun on the speed setting, we got a little excited. I will also note, we did add one of the HoF jets in column 4 to give a better idea on some of the feels, so maybe over time, you'll already get adjusted to the feeling.

Poll runs for 14 days and re-voting is allowed.

Any person that knows the jet better than I, you may correct me in anything I just said, please and thanks.
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

=(V)=MangaGate
Forums Elite

Re: Power to the People

Post by =(V)=MangaGate »

I voted on slide, I believe the jets are fast enough already at the settings they are at. Any slower and you will most likely get picked off by the IG or other weapons very easily whether you try to zig-zag or the like. The reason I believe slide should be affected is that it might be harder for "top" players to do insane stunts like the 360 jet freak-out or whatever you want to call it. I believe that slide could help bring a bit of balance.

Truth is UT99 is a old game and a lack of players is a reality that is happening. @=(V)=CandyMan Might I suggest we try something like the FTB Clan where we have specific days where we have a VM Night? I know we haven't done that in awhile. Try and have a different night for some of our servers even if people don't show up.

sig by D/\SH

Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

Post by Cross_Eyed_Noob »

=(V)=MangaGate wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:47 pm Truth is UT99 is a old game and a lack of players is a reality that is happening. @=(V)=CandyMan Might I suggest we try something like the FTB Clan where we have specific days where we have a VM Night? I know we haven't done that in awhile. Try and have a different night for some of our servers even if people don't show up.
+100000000000000000

I also voted slide, let's see how that would turn to be ;)

pun intended :P
=(V)=Grim
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=Grim »

First off lose the translocaters or make a column without them second with the speeds you had you can’t play wipeout because the jets don’t go fast enough 😁
=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

=(V)=MangaGate wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:47 pm I voted on slide, I believe the jets are fast enough already at the settings they are at. Any slower and you will most likely get picked off by the IG or other weapons very easily whether you try to zig-zag or the like. The reason I believe slide should be affected is that it might be harder for "top" players to do insane stunts like the 360 jet freak-out or whatever you want to call it. I believe that slide could help bring a bit of balance.

Truth is UT99 is a old game and a lack of players is a reality that is happening. @=(V)=CandyMan Might I suggest we try something like the FTB Clan where we have specific days where we have a VM Night? I know we haven't done that in awhile. Try and have a different night for some of our servers even if people don't show up.
This is something we can definitely set up :) We'll set up a night during the week, a definite time, two set times, one for Euro players and one for the states, and we'll gather on and try to get together for some games :)
Grim wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:38 am First off lose the translocaters or make a column without them second with the speeds you had you can’t play wipeout because the jets don’t go fast enough 😁
This is a critical move. Ever since servers like RB, HoF and other's like them, those that didn't use the translocator, servers with the translocator became more popular. The reason VM put it on, was simply because maps had locations where you could only get the "goods" using a translocator and because the RX was "too fast".. when you had people getting to your base, too quickly, and the spawnkilling beginning, between the quickness of the respawn time of the RX, how quickly you can get from your base to the enemies, how people were picking off spawners from the base with weapons (ie, IG or normal weapons) the translocator became crucial. At the state in the game, it would become critical to remove it, unless we someone create a balance, which I doubt is ever going to happen.

Now, before you say I'm all for the translocator, do not be fooled. The power to the people poll could've went either way for it, but it came down to a tie, which I broke, and I stated, that I wouldn't vote in it, unless I had to break it. So, I had no choice but to break it, which ultimately, I voted for, which changed the landscape. I can handle myself very well with dodging, you should know ;)

Nyx
Forums Master

Post by Nyx »

Hull also adds a significant hitbox to the jet itself.
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

A hitbox that is buggy as fuck with zp103 unfortunately

something like 40% of shots that actually connect and kill, it sux :/
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:20 am A hitbox that is buggy as fuck with zp103 unfortunately

I really don't think it was a zp problem i think it was a pilot position problem. if you vote the hof jet on column 4 i bet every IG shot lights that jet up

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=Grim
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=Grim »

=(V)=CandyMan wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:21 am
=(V)=MangaGate wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:47 pm I voted on slide, I believe the jets are fast enough already at the settings they are at. Any slower and you will most likely get picked off by the IG or other weapons very easily whether you try to zig-zag or the like. The reason I believe slide should be affected is that it might be harder for "top" players to do insane stunts like the 360 jet freak-out or whatever you want to call it. I believe that slide could help bring a bit of balance.

This is something we can definitely set up :) We'll set up a night during the week, a definite time, two set times, one for Euro players and one for the states, and we'll gather on and try to get together for some games :)
Grim wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:38 am First off lose the translocaters or make a column without them second with the speeds you had you can’t play wipeout because the jets don’t go fast enough 😁
This is a critical move. Ever since servers like RB, HoF and other's like them, those that didn't use the translocator, servers with the translocator became more popular. The reason VM put it on, was simply because maps had locations where you could only get the "goods" using a translocator and because the RX was "too fast".. when you had people getting to your base, too quickly, and the spawnkilling beginning, between the quickness of the respawn time of the RX, how quickly you can get from your base to the enemies, how people were picking off spawners from the base with weapons (ie, IG or normal weapons) the translocator became crucial. At the state in the game, it would become critical to remove it, unless we someone create a balance, which I doubt is ever going to happen.

Now, before you say I'm all for the translocator, do not be fooled. The power to the people poll could've went either way for it, but it came down to a tie, which I broke, and I stated, that I wouldn't vote in it, unless I had to break it. So, I had no choice but to break it, which ultimately, I voted for, which changed the landscape. I can handle myself very well with dodging, you should know ;)
I have always blamed {WINGS} for the translocaters
They were the first to put that cancer in a server and everyone followed lol
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:23 am
Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:20 am A hitbox that is buggy as fuck with zp103 unfortunately

I really don't think it was a zp problem i think it was a pilot position problem. if you vote the hof jet on column 4 i bet every IG shot lights that jet up

It was the hof jet that reminded me of that problem exactely, we played it yesterday and like i said, many shots were not registring at all.

Here is the topic about hull from a few years ago and how it was a big fail to implement, even Mar said it was not really working out as intended:

forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2428
=(V)=Mar
Colonel

Post by =(V)=Mar »

Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:45 am

It was the hof jet that reminded me of that problem exactely, we played it yesterday and like i said, many shots were not registring at all.

Here is the topic about hull from a few years ago and how it was a big fail to implement, even Mar said it was not really working out as intended:

^ He is right.
ZP is the problem, try playing RX without ZP and you will see hull works.
It's just not worth to play without ZP if someone has 100+ ping, hence why I tried to make a custom ZP but was based on 2nd version (ZP201 or something like that) and naliweapons zp since ZP103 source code is not available.

My version had lots of problems, so we had to rollback to 103 version.
I remember we tried all ZP mods (including LCWeapons) none of them worked as good as ZP103.
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit »

Why was the expanded hull removed before? I remember it being larger for a little while a year or two ago. -- Just curious because that may be my vote.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

=(V)=Mar wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:33 pm
Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:45 am

^ He is right.
ZP is the problem, try playing RX without ZP and you will see hull works.
It's just not worth to play without ZP if someone has 100+ ping, hence why I tried to make a custom ZP but was based on 2nd version (ZP201 or something like that) and naliweapons zp since ZP103 source code is not available.

My version had lots of problems, so we had to rollback to 103 version.
I remember we tried all ZP mods (including LCWeapons) none of them worked as good as ZP103.
i still don't believe its zp as the problem. I strongly believe its a pilot position + jet design change + hull size because i can promise you no shots bounce on the old rx3F jets with zp on

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:40 pm Why was the expanded hull removed before? I remember it being larger for a little while a year or two ago. -- Just curious because that may be my vote.
i loved the huge hull but again people qq

=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

We have 12 days left and only 8 votes, we got to pull people in from the server to vote on this.. we have to convince them to cast their votes.. we need more opinions. There's more then just 8 people who play on the servers (and this is what I meant), I know it's still early but I doubt we'll get near 20 votes by the time this closes. (I hope we do and I hope I'm wrong)

Return to “General Discussion”