Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

Hope everyone's doing well.

I miss you all.

~ Don't Let The Bastards Drag You Down ~
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

Re: Howdy

Post by Cross_Eyed_Noob »

Sup Sean, long time, hope you're doing well too bro !
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

hey man! hope all is well

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit »

Where you been? Come baaaaack! =)
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

Hey, good to see you :)
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

Wow Sean, mucho tiempo senor'!

How you been? Good to see you after so long. Hope all is well with you. Come back to see us more often, if you can. :thumbup
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

My quad core took a dump a few years ago.

I am ready to build a new gaming rig. I have 2 power supplies - a 700W and a 500W. The Thermaltake 500 is the better out of the two, and newer.

Gonna be an Intel with 16GB of RAM minimum. Gonna be an Nvidia GPU. The details have to be sorted. I am open to suggestions.

=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

=(V)=~Sean~ wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:05 pm My quad core took a dump a few years ago.

I am ready to build a new gaming rig. I have 2 power supplies - a 700W and a 500W. The Thermaltake 500 is the better out of the two, and newer.

Gonna be an Intel with 16GB of RAM minimum. Gonna be an Nvidia GPU. The details have to be sorted. I am open to suggestions.
I just bought a new rig back at income tax, went to Micro Center, down in St. David's, almost $1400.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/608 ... AN__WiFi_5

It went up in price but that's my rig.

=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

^ Upon looking at it quick, it looks like a pretty decent rig.

I am sure it's a huge improvement over what you used to game on.

=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

=(V)=~Sean~ wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:31 pm ^ Upon looking at it quick, it looks like a pretty decent rig.

It is! I just bought a 144hz monitor too, for $150 off marketplace too, which I got to give props for RJ finding for me.

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

=(V)=CandyMan wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:45 am
=(V)=~Sean~ wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:31 pm ^ Upon looking at it quick, it looks like a pretty decent rig.

It is! I just bought a 144hz monitor too, for $150 off marketplace too, which I got to give props for RJ finding for me.
oh shit you bought i?! you didn't tell me. let me know if you need help configuring it because windows will not set 144 automatically. and shit that was a good deal i paid 170 plus tax and shipping on mine.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:06 pm
=(V)=CandyMan wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:45 am

oh shit you bought i?! you didn't tell me. let me know if you need help configuring it because windows will not set 144 automatically. and shit that was a good deal i paid 170 plus tax and shipping on mine.
Yeah the only thing that's bothering me is, the guy is acting a little flaky at the moment. Saying it'll take 2 weeks to get here due to the virus, and he lives in PA, roughly 2 hours away and he said he shipped it from UPS on Friday, which I have UPS My Choice, so shouldn't the tracking number be already updated in the system or would that still take 24 hours to update?

I mean, it makes sense with the virus but at the same time, this is my first time buying off Marketplace, so I'm a little weary too.

=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

^ Does that happen to be a curved monitor ?

My Acer X233H has seen better days. I think I am gonna step up to a 27" curved monitor. Acer only makes one. Looks like I have to outsource to someone else. I have had two Acer's (for the past 22 years), and they have served me well..... like really reliable, man.

Anyone have a curved monitor that they have sat behind for a while now ? There are so many brands out there.... hard to choose on numbers alone.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Candyman, that video card you chose is way more than I need ! *haha* I am probably going with this one :

https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/ ... 4G-GAMING/

It requires 350 Watts of power, so my brand new Thermaltake 500W will cover it.

The motherboard, CPU, and RAM are going to be the biggest challenge for me. Too many choices. A friend gave me a PS3 and I am getting games from eBay for 5 dollars each. This PC build..... It's going to be mainly for graphics manipulation, editing music, and watching HD/UHD videos over VLC.

I really like console gaming, now that I went back to it.

I just swapped out an ATI card for an nVidia in this Dell laptop that I'm working with now, and noticed an immediate improvement. It's from 2006 (14 year old lappy). These Dell's are built like tanks and are super easy to work on.

Dell Laptop - 05-29-2020.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

=(V)=~Sean~ wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:29 am ^ Does that happen to be a curved monitor ?

My Acer X233H has seen better days. I think I am gonna step up to a 27" curved monitor. Acer only makes one. Looks like I have to outsource to someone else. I have had two Acer's (for the past 22 years), and they have served me well..... like really reliable, man.

Anyone have a curved monitor that they have sat behind for a while now ? There are so many brands out there.... hard to choose on numbers alone.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Candyman, that video card you chose is way more than I need ! *haha* I am probably going with this one :

https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/ ... 4G-GAMING/

It requires 350 Watts of power, so my brand new Thermaltake 500W will cover it.

The motherboard, CPU, and RAM are going to be the biggest challenge for me. Too many choices. A friend gave me a PS3 and I am getting games from eBay for 5 dollars each. This PC build..... It's going to be mainly for graphics manipulation, editing music, and watching HD/UHD videos over VLC.

I really like console gaming, now that I went back to it.

I just swapped out an ATI card for an nVidia in this Dell laptop that I'm working with now, and noticed an immediate improvement. It's from 2006 (14 year old lappy). These Dell's are built like tanks and are super easy to work on.

Dell Laptop - 05-29-2020.PNG
anything less than a 1660ti is a waste imo. curved monitors are nice but waaay to expensive also imo

=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

^ Thank you for the advice. 50 bux less than the one I picked, and a better GPU, too !

Return to “General Discussion”