UT 496a Patch Feedback

=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Re: UT 496a Patch Feedback

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

Thanks RJ. No, haven't messed with the D3D optimization settings. So I'll take a look at that next.
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

I got rid of everything RJ said to, but am left with same results : cannot stay connected to RX1. It's the only server that's giving me the issue. This install was from my original GOTY CD.

I just read all 5 pages on UT99.org about 469a, but cannot find a link anywhere for the v469b. It has been released, correct ?

:think

~ Don't Let The Bastards Drag You Down ~
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

^ Update

Now I can stay connected to the RX1 server. Strange..... I did not change anything on my end.

I am seeing artifacts, though. It's too damn bright, too.

Like - over saturation. Maybe the v469b patch will address these things.

:vmrocks

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

=(V)=~Sean~ wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:39 am ^ Update

Now I can stay connected to the RX1 server. Strange..... I did not change anything on my end.

I am seeing artifacts, though. It's too damn bright, too.

Like - over saturation. Maybe the v469b patch will address these things.

:vmrocks
its an alpha patch . I'm crashing nonstop with d3d render. For now i'm using my 436 install until a new patch version is released.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

UT - WTF - using DX11.PNG
Check this critical error out.

I am using DX11. The game also shut my AMD Radeon software right down ! I think the 469a is probably giving me all the errors. Do I have the time and patience to go through all the possible tweaks to straighten it all out ? eff no.

I think uninstalling the game 100% is in my best interest right now. I actually paid for a licensed Microsuck software key ( instead of relying on a slow-ass bootloader ) that I have yet to use. Was going to get a 4TB hybrid drive and redo the whole 'puter with the O/S on my Crucial SSD. My Samsung 840 SSD shit the bed. These SSD's *do* fail. I know someone who is a CEO of a major data center that had his work laptop SSD fail. He was shittin' bricks ! It took him many weeks, but he did recover the data.

I have a good amount of newer Western Digital hard drives that I have been pulling from laptops that people give me.

Those WD purple drives for CCTV surveillance - I wonder how reliable they are ?

Anyone have any experience with them ?

WD 6TB.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

I simply made a copy of my working 436 install then installed the new patch there now I can easily switch between versions. Remember this is an alpha patch not even beta. I use WD RED for my home NAS. Purples are good for constant read/write not worth the extra money if not used for surveillance. With that said I don't use mechanical drives at all anymore period accept for my home NAS as I stated.

Samsung SSD fail? Never heard of that until now. They have 5 year warranties. That's why their the only ones I use. I don't feel bad for the CEO. Backups should be done ;) I still have a Evo 840 pro that is still going strong.

Also with all hard drives ESPCIALLY SSD's you should not fill the drives to full capacity regardless if OS or data drive. Their performance degrades dramatically. You always need 20% or more available space for proper functionality.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

post to VM - bugs bugs bugs.PNG
Unless y'all enjoy time consuming headaches *do not* grab the v469a patch. lol

This screenie is what I see while opening the "Baked" map in the editor to see where the map secret is to open the stairs at each CTF base. The 10+ GB d/l I utilized bloated the eff out of my UT install. Yes, it looks pretty, but............ I am going to uninstall / re-install UT this week and just use my original GOTY disc that I treasure :)

Will not be grabbing anything....... just gonna let the Vulpine Mission server add the required files. I will wait it out for the v469b and then the c patches. It's a 21 year old game. I really do not expect much. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Discussion”