Introducing [-TD-] Total Domination

Clan & Community introductions & locations doesn't have to be UT specific
=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Re: Introducing [-TD-] Total Domination

Post by =(V)iper= »

Having a terms of service and privacy statement for a clan site is kind of suspicious to me. But do what you will, if you think you're going big with it cover your ass

If you want to stroke my ego, be sure to spit on it first
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

Viper wrote:Having a terms of service and privacy statement for a clan site is kind of suspicious to me. But do what you will, if you think you're going big with it cover your ass

i agree it was too "official" for my liking. the whole thing doesn't make any sense to me at all. making a website doesn't automatically make things happen. your either first or your last. in this case from what i see.. this type of idea is old and tired. I do wish you good luck on whatever it is your trying to accomplish here.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=D/\SH
Colonel

Post by =(V)=D/\SH »

*FTB*~NightWing~ wrote:make it a multi gaming clan at ur own risk (as i see the "TDG Community Games"), i dont wanna sound like a discouraging d***, but in my years of playing ut, one thing i know is whenever a clan adds another game to ut they ether stop playing ut pretty much completely, or die all together, its like no one can handle committing to both/all, i hope u at least let ut take precedence man, so long as it is, ill stick around the forums and stuff :). GL man.
^ true

but it was from my original understanding ...that the TD clan was to be totally separate from their actual business plan incorporating all the other game types

so is TD a multi gaming clan ??
or is this business venture completely different than what im seeing ??

if its business orientated....to reply directly to nightwing...
if you were to stick with only UT
that's a business venture bound to fail ...as there aren't all that many people who play this game anymore
and your certainly not going to get third party ventures backing you either

___

but if your creating a seperate business venture..id advise distancing your actual clan name f from the business front !!!
that adds confusion..and also keeps gaming drama separate from the business itself

but as an overall platform ....it can be done (and in todays day of age...with the amount of people that game compared to almost 10-15 years ago) there is possible money to be made by incorporating todays popular games into the site & forums

hell ...just look at the prizes and such that are available for LoL and other big mainstream games out there
so it has huge potential if done right !!

but sadly, making it successful also costs LOTS OF MONEY

as I derive from the old IGL gaming community (Ilan Games) - IGL standing for Ilan Gaming League
and it was a vey prosperous business venture that lasted from 2001-2005 that had many thousands of ACTIVE members and support from Epic itself

granted...its primary soul was created off UT99 and its dominating success (back in the heyday of UT)
but it offered everything one needed
~ large contests with a plethora of prizes and monetary wins ||| ladders for all gaming types ||| server hosting for all its games supported by ilangame and eventually unrealservers.com

if there was a game that was being played..it was incorporated into server rentals / ladders and competitions
example - Quake3 / Halflife / Soldiers of Fortune 1 & 2 / Ut2003 / Team Fortress Classic and on and on

to give an idea of what it was like back in the day --- these images are taken from archives - and are rather VERY outdated in compairson to what it actually became -but it was some of the best times I ever had in the gaming world ..as it encompassed so many people all together ..playing for fun and the glory
https://web.archive.org/web/20020122073 ... glnet.com/
and these were the forums FOR ALL THE CLANS (and in each one had separate forums ALOT LIKE OUR OWN VM etc etc
EDIT - attached image doesnt show large version -- so ya can click here instead
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
=(V)=D/\SH
Colonel

Post by =(V)=D/\SH »

anyway..just some thoughts and inquiries

as I know the site isn't up and running yet FULLY
so I cant get a full appreciation or understanding of what your doing exactly

but I wish ya luck with it

and know..even things like IGL started out small
just hope ya can make it grow to be the success ya want it to be
EvolutionZero
V.I.P.

Post by EvolutionZero »

good points dash, but if hes going this business route then i gatta say that having ut at all is a stupid decision, as u've pointed out its a close to dead game, i havent read all the posts and i dont rly know what this whole business thing is but if its for the purpose of money, ut is not the way to go, gatta go where there are ppl
Duke of Beduka
Forums Participant

Post by Duke of Beduka »

You should make a link to a lawyer just to get through the disclaimers.

http://www.dirtymoposse.ca
CockSmoker
Forums Master

Post by CockSmoker »

The TD clan is just sponsored and hosted by TD Gaming... the gaming community and business.
As for TD Gaming being a business, it has to have the appropriate legal stuff in place for the protection of everyone, business and otherwise. You will understand more about it and what it is doing once it is fully live and functional.

I've watched places try to do something like this, and seen them come and go, but I've also seen some of the mistakes and some of the things missing that might help it become successful. Having UT as part of it is not a mistake... because that is where we come from, so it makes sense to carry on with UT as part of it, but going on to the more current UT as well, so it will have all three versions of UT... UT99, UT2004, and UTIII. The same is true for other game series as well.

As far as the disclaimers and legal stuff... we have our own legal counselor providing us with the necessary materials and services needed, so we have that covered.

The TD clan itself will play in some of the games listed at TD Gaming, but obviously not all of them as the same team, due to some people who will not want to play specific games, so there are branches of the TD clan going into other games...yes.

As far as "nothing being secure anymore", that does not mean we should become lax and not make a conscious effort to provide appropriate security needed for all the participants of the community. We already know there are several "hackers" within the gaming community, and have even used malicious codes within certain clans to gain illegal access into other peoples' computers and other such things, including DDoS attacks and so on. There's one I know for a fact who is illegally gaining unauthorized access to at least one other computer within this community, if not more computers, and your days are numbered, because actions are being taken to reveal you, and what you are doing.

One of the prime examples of this type of activity was the malicious redirect from VM to another location attempting to install malware on the visitors computers when using google to search for the VM website, which can include file droppers allowing remote access and computer takeovers. You won't see that happen with TD Gaming this time, and hopefully that issue has been resolved with the VM services being moved as well.

In as much of what you see of the site so far, it looks rather "normal", but it is far from it. There is a lot in the planning and development of this site, and taking it another step beyond by including the PHP structure as opposed to the usual HTML5 only structure.

It's not just me doing the work here, but a combined effort of several people, and I have to say, they are all doing a great job at making sure that TD Gaming will exceed the expectations of the visitors!
=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

I highly believe it's completely unnessecary to have a disclaimer right in the beginning of the site. Especially because you aren't doing anything "business" affiliated. And when people are browsing around for a gaming website, they come across your site, which do you think would look more appealing?

"Oh this site, hey Call of Duty: Ghosts decorations that's cool what else do they do?" Then they start looking for the other games you're affiliated with

Or

"This site, what the fuck is UT? Looks like a shitty old game."

Outsiders won't/can't/don't understand what the UT99 game life is so seeing backgrounds and decorations of this old game isn't going to appeal to the eyes of new players in today's gaming generation. So if you feel you can have more than just the regulars around this community join your site, then you must have a fucking A game pitch to sell

CockSmoker
Forums Master

Post by CockSmoker »

Viper... take that Bama Toohpick out your teeth, because you seem to be scratching vital brain parts somewhere...

This is a work in progress, and it's not expected to happen overnight.

For the rest of you, the Forums for the site is installed and working, as the default page when you just go to
https://www.tdg-online.net/
and the actual website is
https://www.tdg-online.net/index1.php
as I am working on combining everything with the forums... waaahh!! mah work is still not done yet!
=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

Hey, when the time comes when your efforts are in vain and you get maybe 10 people outside the UT world joining your site, I'll be just sitting here laughing. You just trying to make a comeback doesn't make any sense, because I'm sure everyone here will agree with me on that post.

To put it in your terms as it seems mine are too advanced for you right now, I'll just dumb it down for you: You're beating a dead horse expecting change to spill out of it's dried entrails. I was only giving you a real look as to what should've been done, but that makes me an Obama supporter as you just so randomly put. You're an idiot, I don't even care anymore to be nice to you.

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

lol I wasn't sure if he meant Obama supporter or he was stating your from Alabama lol

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
DeM

Post by DeM »

^^LOL

ok guys take easy...dont begin a fight again... if you 2 need some true to say,make it using pms....
=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:lol I wasn't sure if he meant Obama supporter or he was stating your from Alabama lol
Eh, either way I stand by what I say no regrets lol

GurL
V.I.P.

Post by GurL »

Viper wrote:Hey, when the time comes when your efforts are in vain and you get maybe 10 people outside the UT world joining your site, I'll be just sitting here laughing. You just trying to make a comeback doesn't make any sense, because I'm sure everyone here will agree with me on that post.

To put it in your terms as it seems mine are too advanced for you right now, I'll just dumb it down for you: You're beating a dead horse expecting change to spill out of it's dried entrails. I was only giving you a real look as to what should've been done, but that makes me an Obama supporter as you just so randomly put. You're an idiot, I don't even care anymore to be nice to you.
Making a mulitgaming clan was Chopper's dream. No matter how long it will take to be set up, I know he will succeed. Why don't u just wish him luck instead of talking trash? UT is dead anyways, so there is no point of just making another UT clan. Stick to UT with only the few players left or try to expand your clan with the newest games on the market. I'll go with the second option.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Gurl we do wish you luck. people have their opinions, and they are free to give them on our forum ( without flaming of course) . Everyone has very valid points.

I was going to post more of my opinion on how silly I think this all is, but ill just leave it alone and let you guys enjoy trying to start whatever is is your doing.

Return to “Clans & Communities”