Organic Mismatch Since Forum Restoration

=(V)= Server 1: Rocket-X
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Re: Organic Mismatch Since Forum Restoration

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit »

Nyx wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:31 pm Can you please fix this mismatch file issue once and for all? It's a legit stock ut file so there shouldn't be any mismatch.

It killed the server entirely by the way.
Impossible.

The server only has one organic file. Which has been compared to the proper organic version in which everyone should have.

If people go to other servers and download the wrong organic file they need to delete the file locally and fix it. No one here can fix the fact other servers are sending the wrong file.

It's been an issue for a long time on all servers that have the organic files. I wish it could be solved once and for all too. Ask a programmer. Or maps can be deleted but then good maps will be lost.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

there are a couple of organic files.

one is an audio file the other us a texture file. Next there are different versions of the file for 432 patch and 436 patch, then there are the retard versions floating around on other UT servers and bad maps.

what map caused the issue? that would be helpful information to have. Simply saying fix it doesn't help :/

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
Nyx
Forums Master

Post by Nyx »

The issue is one audio file that I provided a couple months back. I'm not replacing my stock ut file.

Basically every map that uses the organic file aka (Hel)Skybreakers (literally made the server count zero last night), zerkarium3, and a couple others that I can't remember right now.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Nyx wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:31 pm The issue is one audio file that I provided a couple months back. I'm not replacing my stock ut file.

Basically every map that uses the organic file aka (Hel)Skybreakers (literally made the server count zero last night), zerkarium3, and a couple others that I can't remember right now.

the audio file you provided is the exact file on the server. I'll be happy to check again.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

just joined the server and voted skybreaksers with no issues so I dont know what file is causing the problem.

Nyx
Forums Master

Post by Nyx »

Then please explain why your server goes from 20 to 5 when that one exact map is voted. Plus my file is straight from the original UT CD from 1999.
Nyx
Forums Master

Post by Nyx »

By the way I'm pretty sure you just got a bad uz file from that server redirect.

Here's my last take after that I'm done.

You can clearly see the size difference.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Nyx wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:49 am Then please explain why your server goes from 20 to 5 when that one exact map is voted. Plus my file is straight from the original UT CD from 1999.
with or without 436 patch? im not trying to be a dick man im trying to investigate and cover every aspect.

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Nyx wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:50 am By the way I'm pretty sure you just got a bad uz file from that server redirect.

Here's my last take after that I'm done.

You can clearly see the size difference.
I think again your looking at the wrong file. That is the exact file and file size on the server. The only way is to compare hash's Otherwise they are the exact file.

the file you think is on our server doesn't exist. we have the exact file from the 436 version which was your first upload

Nyx
Forums Master

Post by Nyx »

Well no I literally downloaded that 2mb organic file from your server and I could get in. Using the organic music file from my original cd does not let me in.

So I doubt I'm wrong on that one and I can give you a few other people that can confirm it for me.

And yes I'm using the 436 version.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Nyx wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:38 pm Well no I literally downloaded that 2mb organic file from your server and I could get in. Using the organic music file from my original cd does not let me in.

So I doubt I'm wrong on that one and I can give you a few other people that can confirm it for me.

And yes I'm using the 436 version.
there are two organic files. The one you said the server sent you we dont have. So it MUST BE the UTX file not the umx file you mentioned. also we dont use the standard redirect server anymore. we use lzma now which is a new type of redirect that auto creates redirect files based on the original file so i doubt we had a bad .uz file and now a bad lzma file. SO now based on all this misinformation its obvious the issue is the texture file.

Nyx
Forums Master

Post by Nyx »

There's no such thing as an organic utx file in any of my ut files.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Nyx wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:33 pm There's no such thing as an organic utx file in any of my ut files.
how do you know its not in your cache?

Nyx
Forums Master

Post by Nyx »

Check cache.ini and check every file that's on it.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Nyx wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:43 pm Check cache.ini and check every file that's on it.
you know the cache is in hex format with no names so how do you know? I will investigate further but im not seeing the problem or there i another file we dont see .but i promise you 1000000000% that the files you sent is the one on the server. IF it was a redirect issue which it is impossibly not would give a mismatch which it doesn't. Also due to the new LZMA redirect its impossible.

Return to “Server 1 - =(V)= R O C K E T - X8 - www.vulpinemission.com”