Windows 10 thinks it's 7 ?

Need help with computer related stuff? This is their spot!
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Windows 10 thinks it's 7 ?

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

https://i.postimg.cc/qMqHKYt1/Why-is-7-mentioned.jpg

This was my second build in a year - one was gonna be for bitcoining ethereum - but I halted that build.

This one though.... new motherboard, new SSD... everything but the video card is new. There should be no remnants of 7 because all it ever saw was Windows 10 / 64

I am perplexed.

~ Don't Let The Bastards Drag You Down ~
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Windows 10 thinks it's 7 ?

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

=(V)=~Sean~ wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:16 pm https://i.postimg.cc/qMqHKYt1/Why-is-7-mentioned.jpg

This was my second build in a year - one was gonna be for bitcoining ethereum - but I halted that build.

This one though.... new motherboard, new SSD... everything but the video card is new. There should be no remnants of 7 because all it ever saw was Windows 10 / 64

I am perplexed.
Are you sure that was a fresh windows 10 image/CD? that's due to performing an in place upgrade. You get some pieces left over from previous OS's no big deal. The best way to clear that up is after doing the upgrade perform a system reset which then turns it into a fresh install.

Anyway from what I heard M$ got rid of all their QA testers and now the end users are the testers hence stupid issues like above lol for instance my windows 10 install many versions deep still has an option to restore windows 7 which has been long deleted. LOL

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Re: Windows 10 thinks it's 7 ?

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

Okay, I see I am not the only one wondering why... Thanks.

We will see what Win 11 is like after a few months of it going live, and not in beta stage.

~ Don't Let The Bastards Drag You Down ~

Return to “Computer Geeks”