What am I doing wrong ?

Need help with computer related stuff? This is their spot!
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

What am I doing wrong ?

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

https://i.postimg.cc/VvdfpD8n/What-am-I ... n-mark.jpg

I never disconnect anything.... Windows 10 is puzzling to me.

:think :idontknow

~ Don't Let The Bastards Drag You Down ~
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: What am I doing wrong ?

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

What back up are you using?

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

^ Macrium Reflect - I guess it must not talk to Windows 10 about what it is doing.

Here is an updated pic with more info directly after a back-up :

https://i.postimg.cc/0yLht5Vk/POS.jpg

Our friends over at {dFb} are stating I should rebuild the system again, and apply Windows 11 as a fresh install. I guess a few of them are running 11 Home and Pro and like it better.

Folks on Reddit are saying it's a "Dumbed-Down version of 10"

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

=(V)=~Sean~ wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:37 pm ^ Macrium Reflect - I guess it must not talk to Windows 10 about what it is doing.

Our friends over at {dFb} are stating I should rebuild the system again, and apply Windows 11 as a fresh install. I guess a few of them are running 11 Home and Pro and like it better.

ahh well its a free backup solution if I'm not mistaken. I use MS onedrive going to my home NAS for backups. It sometimes throws errors, but rare. Rebuilding your system? Hmm did you do an in place upgrade from 10 -11? If so you may have carried over any issues that were there already. Also
some people find it necessary to make changes to the windows 10 system which can cause issues in windows 11. Anther point is people upgrading to 11 with PC's that aren't compatible by disabling the compatibility checks. Another big no no. There is no need to change any default major system settings such as page file etc. In modern times this is not necessary. Windows 11 still has many bugs to be worked out personally not upgrading to 11 until I build a new machine, and even then I may stick with 10 since it still has 4 years of support. I hear there is also a gaming hit going to win 11 as well as AMD having issues with windows 11 ( not AMD CPU's fault ) Yes I agree it is a dumbed down version of windows 10. It reminds me of Linux tbh

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

^ "Did you do an in place upgrade from 10 - 11?"

- No, Win 11 has yet to be on this one. I am running Win 10 Pro.

I just read all of your other recommendations, and I am agreeing with you - wait 'til we have to.

=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:13 pm
=(V)=~Sean~ wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:37 pm ^ Macrium Reflect - I guess it must not talk to Windows 10 about what it is doing.

ahh well its a free backup solution if I'm not mistaken. I use MS onedrive going to my home NAS for backups. It sometimes throws errors, but rare. Rebuilding your system? Hmm did you do an in place upgrade from 10 -11? If so you may have carried over any issues that were there already. Also
some people find it necessary to make changes to the windows 10 system which can cause issues in windows 11. Anther point is people upgrading to 11 with PC's that aren't compatible by disabling the compatibility checks. Another big no no. There is no need to change any default major system settings such as page file etc. In modern times this is not necessary. Windows 11 still has many bugs to be worked out personally not upgrading to 11 until I build a new machine, and even then I may stick with 10 since it still has 4 years of support. I hear there is also a gaming hit going to win 11 as well as AMD having issues with windows 11 ( not AMD CPU's fault ) Yes I agree it is a dumbed down version of windows 10. It reminds me of Linux tbh
Contrary to what you said about 11 RJ, I've had absolutely no trouble at all with any of the machines I've installed it on. Gaming with it seems fine too. It definitely runs faster than 10 does. It's very stable. I do agree however, that there probably are some bugs to be worked out, but that's with any new operating system. The public is the testing ground for bugs, unfortunately.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

=(V)=Kevster wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:59 pm
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:13 pm

Contrary to what you said about 11 RJ, I've had absolutely no trouble at all with any of the machines I've installed it on. Gaming with it seems fine too. It definitely runs faster than 10 does. It's very stable. I do agree however, that there probably are some bugs to be worked out, but that's with any new operating system. The public is the testing ground for bugs, unfortunately.
I was referring to people installing windows 11 on incompatible machines. My wife's new laptop has windows 11 and it runs perfectly fine. The performance hit was specific to AMD

Return to “Computer Geeks”