Epic is shutting down UT99 (100%for real not click bait)

=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Epic is shutting down UT99 (100%for real not click bait)

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit »

https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1 ... e1963a8763

https://www.epicgames.com/site/en-US/ne ... lder-games (thx for fixing Sean)

Epic is turning off online services and servers for some older games

December 14, 2022

Starting today, we will begin turning off out-of-date online services and servers for many older games in the Epic family as we move to solely support Epic Online Services with its unified friends system, voice chat features, parental controls, and parental verification features. Most titles will be playable offline, while some will no longer be playable. We apologize to the players affected by these changes.

The following titles will have all online services disabled on January 24, after which players can continue playing single or local multiplayer modes offline:

1000 Tiny Claws
Dance Central 1-3 Note: Dance Central VR online multiplayer will remain available
Green Day: Rock Band
Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess
Rock Band 1-3
Note: Rock Band 4 online multiplayer will remain available
The Beatles: Rock Band
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars
Unreal Gold
Unreal II: The Awakening
Unreal Tournament 2003
Unreal Tournament 2004
Unreal Tournament 3 Note: We have plans to bring back online features via Epic Online Services in the future.
Unreal Tournament: Game of the Year Edition

We have started removing games that were still available from all digital storefronts and are disabling any in-game DLC purchasing as of today. We also removed the Mac and Linux versions of Hatoful Boyfriend and Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star from storefronts today, as well as the mobile title DropMix. Players who already own these titles will still be able to play.

Battle Breakers will shut down and no longer be accessible to players on December 30. We will automatically refund players for any in-game purchases made via Epic direct payment 180 days prior to today. Unreal Tournament (Alpha), Rock Band Blitz, Rock Band Companion app and SingSpace will be shut down and no longer accessible to players on January 24.

Thank you to all of the players and communities who have enjoyed these titles over the years.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Re: Epic is shutting down UT99 (100%for real not click bait)

It is my understanding that if you have the new patches that have the separate master server as a backup you'll still see everything as usual as long as all the servers and your client are configured correctly. This is because there are non Epic owned entities that run those master servers Epic cant touch
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Last thing I'll mention. Please join me in sending a digital and hand written letter to Epic about this game and what it means to you.

They were going to shut the servers down before but so much out pouring happened they were convinced to change the course and kept the game online. Maybe we can do the same.

=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

^ The above link is broken

Here ya go :

https://www.epicgames.com/site/en-US/ne ... lder-games

Those Suck Cockers .........
:angry-pc2

~ Don't Let The Bastards Drag You Down ~
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

^ I'd like to add something to this.

If we all keep our favorites backed up to a simple text file - and save that file across multiple hard drives, SSD's / what-have-you, in case of a UT99 re-install to a new machine, nothing will be shut down.

As long as the individual hosting providers continue to host the server, we - as a community - *will not have any issues*

Our servers will continue to survive. Epic has given up on us a long time ago. They allowed Old Unreal to have the code, that's why we have update patch 4.69 A, B and C

Our enthusiasm for this awesome game will never end. The input from our mice and keyboard strokes are unmatched by any other game. UT99 is the fastest responding game I have ever played.

We will be alright !

:flying1

~ Don't Let The Bastards Drag You Down ~
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

ServerActors=XServerQuery.XServerUplink MasterServerAddress=utmaster.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=XServerQuery.XServerUplink MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900

ServerActors=XServerQuery.XServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.telefragged.com MasterServerPort=27500
ServerActors=XServerQuery.XServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.333networks.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=XServerQuery.XServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.newbiesplayground.net MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=XServerQuery.XServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.errorist.eu MasterServerPort=27900

I think were good with master servers ;)

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
LeeStricklin
Forums Participant

Post by LeeStricklin »

Epic shutting down their master servers isn't the end of the world as the community has maintained their own for Unreal and Unreal Tournament 99 for like 15 years now as several of the official ones have gone down. All that was ever needed to reach them was an ini file edit and patch 469c makes that edit for you. The only real blow this game will take is less exposure through Steam and GOG which will impact how many new players pick the game up. Thanks to a loophole involving a version of the Game of the Year Edition demo (the one that was essentially disc 1 with a run limit) and patch 436nodelta (created for OEM and other oddball disc versions of the game), it will still be possible for new players to pick the game up.

Return to “UT 99 Specific Discussion”