How is everyone doing ?

medor
Forums Elite

Re: How is everyone doing ?

Post by medor »

remember to use the windows.exe for your update game NOT the zip en replace files

http://medor.no-ip.org/Patches/OldUnrea ... indows.exe
=(V)=SILVER_FOX
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=SILVER_FOX »

=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:57 pm
=(V)=SILVER_FOX wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:24 am
=(V)=~Sean~ wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:04 am For Silver Fox - something to consider

This is directly from The New York Times - 01-25-2023 :

" The new year brought even more bleeding in Silicon Valley: Last week, Google’s parent company, Alphabet, said it planned to lay off 12,000 of its workers, Microsoft said it would cut 10,000 employees and on Monday, Spotify said it would reduce its staff by 6 percent, about 600 people. Add up the losses and more than 216,000 tech employees have been laid off since the start of 2022, according to Layoffs.fyi, a site that tracks job cuts in the sector. "
Wow.. thats not good.. but good info to consider, Thanks Sean :thumbup :thumbup
those are huge tech companies I wouldn't sweat it or even worry about that. Look at managed services companies and other I.T specific firms and roles. They are hiring like crazy. I would concentrate on cloud though.
:thumbup :thumbup

sig by =(V)=DASH
=(V)=SILVER_FOX
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=SILVER_FOX »

=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:45 pm https://layoffs.fyi/
Wow! :omg-shocked

sig by =(V)=DASH
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit »

=(V)=~Sean~ wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:18 am No, I am not using Vista. This is where the confusion is. I am running Windows 11 Pro

This screen shot was just made. It is just utilizing the demo, and then applying the 4.69 C patch.

I will uninstall and run CCleaner afterwards and use just the B patch and see where that goes. I want to utilize the 4K high-res textures again, too. My install used to look great ! I am using an XFX RX 480 8GB of RAM GPU. The system has 32 GB of RAM. It's way more than Epic ever thought of.

I'll have to hit up Slagg again for semi-admin on the RX server.

https://ibb.co/jL9TyQ3
I'd give it to you but I was never given full server admin
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

medor wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:09 am remember to use the windows.exe for your update game NOT the zip en replace files

http://medor.no-ip.org/Patches/OldUnrea ... indows.exe
Yeah, that's what I did, Medor. Complete un-install / CCleaner / re-install / just utilized the 4.69B patch / didn't add anything else.

Looks good, but would like to add the 4K high-res textures. I'll back up the whole install - not just the UT.ini

Wanna put the Batwings mod on / X Vehicles / Monster Hunt..... We will see, and I will report my findings once again ! :)

~ Don't Let The Bastards Drag You Down ~
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:43 am
=(V)=~Sean~ wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:18 am No, I am not using Vista. This is where the confusion is. I am running Windows 11 Pro

This screen shot was just made. It is just utilizing the demo, and then applying the 4.69 C patch.

I will uninstall and run CCleaner afterwards and use just the B patch and see where that goes. I want to utilize the 4K high-res textures again, too. My install used to look great ! I am using an XFX RX 480 8GB of RAM GPU. The system has 32 GB of RAM. It's way more than Epic ever thought of.

I'll have to hit up Slagg again for semi-admin on the RX server.

https://ibb.co/jL9TyQ3
I'd give it to you but I was never given full server admin

No worries, Bro. I just like to be idle so I have enough time to really look at our map list, and add bots to practice on when the server is empty.

=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

Okay, so 1st error

(please see attached SSL image link)

This was a practice match on my local machine. I will let evilgrins know.

https://ibb.co/bgd81Xj

=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

2nd error

Now the whole system is shutting down after playing "CTF-UTDMW-JiS-WOOT.zip". I re-read evil grins map posts and saw that he said we need "any version of Monster Hunt" on our install. I put the XC version on.

I asked him what patch he was running, but he has not responded. I don't think he shows up here every day like some of us. I was able to run his Bat Wings modded maps when I had 4.36, so maybe I need more stuff installed to really play. Don't wanna do that. Will delete his maps for now and just stick to RX.

eff....

medor
Forums Elite

Post by medor »

I put the XC version on.
very very bad idea the good parts of this are included in 469
there are big compatibility problems depending on the version of XC and 469 you use
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit »

Sean, RJ posted a video of high resolution UT. The contents on how should be in description of the video on YouTube. If you're curious. Posted within last few weeks
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

@ Medor : Thanks, man - I will perhaps do another re-install. I go to MH servers and auto-download the required files, but it is never enough to play practice matches. I am using the 4.69B patch, but maybe this time...... maybe I will try the C patch.

@ Rabbit : Yes I saw that video, maybe I will revisit the post and re-read to see if there was a break-down.

Good stuff, fellas.

:flying1

=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

I saw that we are running a new mapvote where we can select the old Wings jet if we want it. It's broken for me. I suspect someone ran out of time when they were messing with it. No big deal - I am a patient man.

I would like to know where the instructions went to fix a mapvote that over extends my monitor and doesn't allow me to see the whole window (not on the VM server - all is viewable on ours)

I looked on ut99.org, oldunreal.com and ours, but the information is lost to me. Does anyone remember how to fix this issue ?

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

=(V)=~Sean~ wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:51 pm I saw that we are running a new mapvote where we can select the old Wings jet if we want it. It's broken for me. I suspect someone ran out of time when they were messing with it. No big deal - I am a patient man.

I would like to know where the instructions went to fix a mapvote that over extends my monitor and doesn't allow me to see the whole window (not on the VM server - all is viewable on ours)

I looked on ut99.org, oldunreal.com and ours, but the information is lost to me. Does anyone remember how to fix this issue ?
I was working on a new mpavote. That project is scrapped for now. IT's hard to go from our mapvote which is blazing fast to another mapvote that takes ages to load stuff. I am sending a message to the creator on ut99.org as I feel like I am the only one who has tested it outside of their own testing lol.

letting them know:
  • mapvote is too slow.
  • when voting other game types mutators on list aren't loaded hence seeing SLV's instead of proper jets
Regarding your other issue I vaguely recall what you're talking about but it escapes me as well. Get in touch with server owner and ask them to update their mapvote?

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

^ Okay, thank you.

=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

Anyone have any issues with Win11 and bluetooth not enabling correctly ? I have a nice pair of JBL buds that I purchased for listening to movies at night without waking people up, but cannot turn on bluetooth in Win11. They pair to my droid and sound awesome, but that's it.

Any help is appreciated. :)

Return to “General Discussion”