For Anyone Having Issues/Problems With Another Player

=(V)=GMan
Pilot First Class
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:46 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: For Anyone Having Issues/Problems With Another Player

Post by =(V)=GMan »

Is it possible to ban all VPN traffic until he plays using his real IP, then ban that IP? We all know that Stample is good and hard to play against but no one complains, since no one thinks Stample is cheating. Stample dies normally. Wirrow has a hack in which he needs to take 1000+/- damage points before he dies. It's obvious when you play him on a map that you know well. As for evidence, isn't it sufficient that he bogs down the server whenever he shows up? There have been many people that have noticed this. In all my years of playing UT, I have never complained about anyone and I hate doing it now but this dude is a detriment to the server.
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader
Posts: 2247
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:59 pm
Location: Narnia
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: For Anyone Having Issues/Problems With Another Player

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit »

I'll give you that on a few points you made. I'll take a look as much as I can.

Do you know rhe usual times he is on to help me?
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

Image
=(V)=GMan
Pilot First Class
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:46 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: For Anyone Having Issues/Problems With Another Player

Post by =(V)=GMan »

He's on after 7 every night.
User avatar
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class
Posts: 589
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Lower, Slower Delaware
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 24 times
Contact:

Re: For Anyone Having Issues/Problems With Another Player

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

dunn dunn dunn .... the hunt will begin ...


:runover
Image

~ Don't Let The Bastards Drag You Down ~
User avatar
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 11561
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: New York
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 17 times
Contact:

Re: For Anyone Having Issues/Problems With Another Player

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:19 pm Stample can destroy him when stample plays.

I find it hard to play against wirrow as well and very annoying. But we need evidence.

Do you all remember people like Kong? He was nearly as good as stample. I'm sure RJ or someone else can name off several others. But we literally just don't have as many good people as we use to so he really sticks out.-- that's my opinion. I'll try and hop on and spec him. But when I see him on I don't think cheats personally... unless it is some kind of lag hack. But I've seen his ping before it's pretty high but stable.

I'll keep an eye out as well.

Ty
people also dont realise when someone is playing with a 200 ping things you see they dont and vice versa my 20 ping sees things in near real time whereas higher ping players have huge latency. so you may think you saw them in an explosion but they were actual lagging behind what you saw
Image

Image

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
User avatar
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.
Posts: 943
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:21 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: For Anyone Having Issues/Problems With Another Player

Post by Cross_Eyed_Noob »

tbh i didn't want to weight in on this, but just to give my 2c ..

I dont think he's cheating, but i find him to be really annoying with other things (stacking teams all the time/leaving when he's losing so the cookies don't update for him etc...)

so i'll just stay aside and see what others have to say, because what i stated above, imo, is not really a reason to ban someone, otherwise we wouldn't have the traffic we have nowadays because other players do that lame bs too ....

I see maybe 5 people on the server that want Wirrow to get banned, but like i said, if he's not cheating, then i don't really see a reason for a ban right now.
=(V)=GMan
Pilot First Class
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:46 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: For Anyone Having Issues/Problems With Another Player

Post by =(V)=GMan »

Several things. The fact that a guy with such a high ping is that "good" should tip you off that there's something up. I have seen him fly into a stream of wave length shells in Infinactuos and still grab the flag and leave. Even if he was lagging behind, he'd still die as they are a continuous stream. No one has ever done that before.

There are probably 5 players that really want him banned. These are the main players that see him and have figured out what he's doing. Here's an undisputable fact. People leave when he comes on. This server can't afford to lose more peeps.
User avatar
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 11561
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: New York
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 17 times
Contact:

Re: For Anyone Having Issues/Problems With Another Player

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

imagine if the dutch players still played they all had 200 pings and would wreck us all

edit: they had better pings actually so i take that back i think 125 was the highest. Still thats a shitty ping
Image

Image

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
User avatar
Bad~Co.
Forums Participant
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:46 pm
Location: Jersey

Re: For Anyone Having Issues/Problems With Another Player

Post by Bad~Co. »

You know what I think.
Only thing i will say, that you MIGHT listen to...
(in reference to Cross_Eyed's "so i'll just stay aside and see what others have to say, because what i stated above, imo, is not really a reason to ban someone, otherwise we wouldn't have the traffic we have nowadays because other players do that lame bs too ....") ...

Many people have come in to learn the mod and try to have fun and have been taught "the ropes" and have had fun and express wanting to spend time on your server. Then comes wirrow and POOF!!!!, they're gone ... never to return.

I've been in a full server, wirrow comes, half leave and the rest want him to. Most of the time, i'm one that leaves as well.

Treat it as you will, your server. But, imo, you will have way more "traffic" than you think. Not only that, it would be fun games, unlike they are now.

PS: i was directed here by "the team" to speak up, not the other way around this time.
User avatar
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master
Posts: 1679
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:57 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: For Anyone Having Issues/Problems With Another Player

Post by =(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ »

Remember L33t?

Fuck that guy...
=(V)=GMan
Pilot First Class
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:46 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: For Anyone Having Issues/Problems With Another Player

Post by =(V)=GMan »

I just found all the prior posts about Wirrow. I didn't realize that there had been complaints before. I have to say that I'm surprised that he is still allowed to play.

On my prior server we banned a guy who did what we called warping. Warping is when you have a bad ping combined with latency. The server CPU has to spend more cycles figuring out where you are so that the other players can see you in near real time. This bogs down the server. Wirrow, whether by mistake or not does this. So, you see him, you shoot but he is already gone. It's very hard to play against that.

Warping combined with people leaving because of him should be enough to get rid of him. Either you do or I fear that soon it will just be Wirrow and his cousin Sasuke playing alone. Sam will stop by from time to time because he never complains about anything.
=(V)=GMan
Pilot First Class
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:46 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: For Anyone Having Issues/Problems With Another Player

Post by =(V)=GMan »

I'm used to my predictions coming true; just not this quick. Here is our future. Wirrow and his cousin. I think Sam had just left.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader
Posts: 2247
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:59 pm
Location: Narnia
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: For Anyone Having Issues/Problems With Another Player

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit »

I think our server uses zero ping or similar so ping doesn't matter. -- essentially, if you shoot someone you actually shoot them. None of that shoot 4 meters ahead to get them because of latency.

I've been extremely busy. And I've not seen wirrow the 2 times of gotten on since the original post of mine.

I can't post everything else I'm thinking of in a sensible matter. Gotta go pick up some meds for the kid.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

Image
User avatar
=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor
Posts: 1867
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:02 pm
Location: United States Somewhere
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: For Anyone Having Issues/Problems With Another Player

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

He is annoying, but lately he's been coming after me because I'm able to shoot him in some way, whether it be a sniper rifle, double enforcers or just an RX. I just focus. It works. Before, I'd get pissed and go after him, but that didn't work. Focusing and remaining calm works for me. Oh and I always aim for the head. :approvecool
Image
User avatar
=(V)=Stample
Co-Leader
Posts: 365
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:30 pm
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: For Anyone Having Issues/Problems With Another Player

Post by =(V)=Stample »

=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:19 pm imagine if the dutch players still played they all had 200 pings and would wreck us all

edit: they had better pings actually so i take that back i think 125 was the highest. Still thats a shitty ping
Those guys really were something else, I think they would give me a serious run for my money had they kept playing all this time. I was lucky enough to catch one of them revisiting the server a few years ago and got to decimate him in a 1v1. Shame he never came back after that.

In regards to wirrow, he is a lame ass, and you all are pretty much correct when you state the damage he does to server. But all of the claims I've heard regarding the legitimacy of his play are downright delusional. Not a single time in my thousands of hours played with him have I experienced him being "invulnerable" or anything of the sort. He is probably the most difficult player in rx for me to kill, and he does narrowly avoid dying in situations most other players would. It can be frustrating, but its all very possible to do, and I don't attribute it to his lag.

My problem with wirrow is his abuse of the cookie system. He waits in spec at the start of the game, lets the teams balance, then joins as an extra instantly disrupting the balance. Not only does this prevent him from getting a weaker team due to high cookie count the way he should, but it ends up with him up a player pretty much every game. Considering the skill gap between him and the rest of the server, I have to imagine that wins him almost every game if I'm not in the server. It's still not enough for him to beat me, but it requires me to tryhard and that empties the server even faster than wirrow.

UT is growing rather than decaying for the first time in over a decade. Other communities are experiencing revivals, CTF and Assault pugs are at an all time high for the 2020s. New players are a legitimate possibility, and it is true that wirrow will chase many of these new players off. This is secondary however, to the main problem preventing new players for us. Other communities do not take us seriously, because the instant any player skilled in other game modes comes to rx, they get blasted and called a cheater. I have talked to dozens at this point who won't touch our servers and ask why I'm associated with a toxic cesspool of noobs who scream cheat after 30 seconds of getting killed. Wirrow stops new players to UT from sticking around for rx, but you lot screaming about him do even more damage by stopping existing UT players from having any respect for our community or game mode.

Wirrow may in fact be banned, simply because I'm tired of him stacking teams and killing the server as a result. I doubt anyone has objections to this. It will not be perma but he needs to understand he cannot just do whatever he wants and that rules do exist.
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”