'Shocking' Halo Headband Allegedly Makes You Smarter

General spam that should not be elsewhere.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

'Shocking' Halo Headband Allegedly Makes You Smarter

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

Da Fuq?!

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/halo-headba ... 18713.html

Ever wish you were just a little bit smarter? Then this futuristic gadget might be for you: the Halo is an upcoming headband that aims to increase wearers' cognitive ability by electrically stimulating their brains.

This isn't just some science fiction fantasy: esteemed tech investor Marc Andreessen just backed Halo Neuroscience, the company behind the Halo headband, for $1.5 million dollars.

"Halo Neuroscience offers [the] ability to tune neurons to boost or calm their endogenous [i.e. interior] action," it says on the Halo Neuroscience's website. "Tuning" methods include electric shocks, magnetic fields, infrared light and radio waves, Halo co-creator Amol Sarva told The Verge.

The company hasn't elaborated on any further details about how the Halo works, as the device is currently beginning the process of seeking FDA approval.

But the idea of improving brain function via electric shocks is not new. Halo Neuroscience's other two cofounders, Daniel Chao and Brett Wingeler, previously worked at a Mountain View, California-based company called NeuroPace that specializes in implantable medical devices that treat epilepsy and other neurological disorders with brain stimulation.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=Rurik
Pilot First Class

Re: 'Shocking' Halo Headband Allegedly Makes You Smarter

Post by =(V)=Rurik »

Radio waves doesn't sound so good to me.
It MAY cause Cell Deterioration in long time exposures.
Don't get me wrong, I like the idea but I can't help thinking in the risks of using it.

I guess we'll have to wait to see how it advances. :smile
ImageSignature by =(V)=D/\SH!

Jeg har ingenting, men jeg har alt når jeg har deg.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Image
=(V)=_The_Greek_
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=_The_Greek_ »

Intelligence has multiple components, it is not a simple IQ measurement. There are few people in the world who are COMPLETELY stupid. Most of the population is good at something, but our education systems fail miserably in helping the students find what they are good at and help them work on it. So once again people try to find the easy solution, instead of just finding ways to improve the education children are getting.
=(V)=Rurik
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=Rurik »

=(V)=_The_Greek_ wrote:Intelligence has multiple components, it is not a simple IQ measurement. There are few people in the world who are COMPLETELY stupid. Most of the population is good at something, but our education systems fail miserably in helping the students find what they are good at and help them work on it. So once again people try to find the easy solution, instead of just finding ways to improve the education children are getting.
If you keep judging a child for his bad grades at school they'll grow up thinking they're stupid and ignorant and won't realize that they may be really good at something else.
:sigh
ImageSignature by =(V)=D/\SH!

Jeg har ingenting, men jeg har alt når jeg har deg.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Image
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

the school systems in the US I know re a joke.. idk about Europe, but I heard its much better

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!

Return to “Spam for fun”