Balancer

=(V)= Server 1: Rocket-X
DeM

Re: Balancer

Post by DeM »

frags?
flag kills?
back the flag?
Last edited by DeM on Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

Post by Cross_Eyed_Noob »

=(V)iper= wrote:It's about giving everyone a fighting chance and having a sense of honor and fairplay for everyone to enjoy. Seriously, what do you get out of killing people repeatedly who can't do anything to defend themselves?
Viper, ask anyone who saw me ranting in my spawnkilling topics before you were registred here, they will tell you that you sound the same as I do about that.

But what I've come to realise, is that the good ol' days of RX are just gone lol ... now everyone is just having his own way to win and by that, I mean the "I have to do all the lame bs I can do to win" mentality, so no more "fairness" or sense of any fairplay at all ...

The only way to discipline their asses is to organise some PUG style matches where all the decent players can join in, and then show them how it's being done instead of "laming till winning".

Sad part is some of the oldschool players are adapting to this new "retarded meta" and following it lol
=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

I will say this, spawnkilling nowadays is nothing compared to how it was years ago. Sad to say it, it's part of the game, either adapt or parish, you choose.
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

ZodiaK
Forums Master

Post by ZodiaK »

Maps like Toxic Route, Narrow, and the most obvious sk map, Figure4x2 would be considered the problem to many, but in reality it's not. Players chose what actions they take, either sk and make it lame, or let other players have a chance. But good point was brought up on spawn killing during certain situations, hard to determine, same about what mods see as "excessive" To me excessive would be more enter the enemy base, sk as long as you can, assuming you get killed, going back and doing it all over again and so on, not even attempting to help your team. I had to warn Kego about it today in 4x2 and he got mad and left. Sucks he left, but better to lose 1 than him continue to ruin a game and empty the server completely. (No one should be exempt from server rules.)

Which brings me to Cross' point.

I remember in the past there was talk about setting up RX games with a PUG style, but it never happened. Even now I don't think anything would come of it. (Not to shut the idea down.) It would be nice to actually play with a team instead of players that just do their own thing.

And CM raises a good point that it is indeed part of the game, but what if everyone did it? It'll lead to nothing but a clusterfuck of spawn killing losers that will probably end up driving traffic away and new players won't even bother with it. Until a compromise can be made about the length's of spawn killing, I guess we all just have to deal with it.

There is one major issue with the spawn killing though that caught my attention, and that is when some one that just spawned picks up the flag, they can't die. To me that sucks, but whatever. lol
=(V)=_The_Greek_
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=_The_Greek_ »

It has happened many times in my game that I even left the enemy base after I felt I had done ''too much'' spawnkilling. Usually I avoid spawnkilling at all, unless the other team does too much of it...But I will agree with ZoD that those who just come back over and over again just to spawnkill are ruining the game. I wish we could enforce a spawnkilling rule, but it would be impossible to keep it uniform and fair to everyone. So for now we just have to keep it to the occasional warnings

PUG servers would be ideal. RX is great especially when you are able to communicate with other players. An idea was thrown in the Management section sometime ago about creating two smaller RX servers instead of having a single large one. This would encourage more the ''team game'' and stop the chaos which occurs when there are 15+ people on the server. But unfortunately we are playing a dying game and ideas like this are too risky to put into action.
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

If I say PUG style I mean something like fight nights, like I mentionned in Pie's topic,

Just open a topic and see who's interested in showing up, then we can move on from there.

This would help so much in getting an idea about how RX games could be much more fun and challenging if we can get only the best to play a few matchs and perhaps even someone recording them from spec.

I know I'm running my mouth about this stuff but I'm just throwing ideas out there so we can get some "real fun" going on again and bring back the interest to those who start to feel left out or are just too damn bored of this mod right now due to things like spawnkilling etc
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master

Post by =(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ »

just thought id bring to light some of the changes that have been made to rx gameplay since the old days. Not all are necessarily good or bad, but they make the rx gameplay what it is today.

1. spawn protection
2. rx spawn time decrease (depending on server)
3. rx explosion radius
4. rx speed and maneuverability
5. rx hitbox
6. rx missile (speed, hit box, etc)

feel free to add anymore i missed
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

In my case, with all the lag I'm playing with, I will say all these changes were for the better imo.

Dosen't mean I didn't had fun back then, but now, with those changes, it's much more "even" if I may say for all players.
NightWolf
Forums Elite

Post by NightWolf »

anyway so last night played chroniczen and it was ME vs MYSTER VIPER HAPPY FEW E2O1 (WHAT I MEAN BY ME VS THEM I MENA IT LITTERALY) i hade no named ppl on my team who like never played ut before ill thay did was stand in base or wal around map just take the cookies off man by time map was over i hade 50 points rest of team 0 or -points r u kidding me
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master

Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote:In my case, with all the lag I'm playing with, I will say all these changes were for the better imo.

Dosen't mean I didn't had fun back then, but now, with those changes, it's much more "even" if I may say for all players.

the point trying to make is that regardless of the changes that were or continue to be made there will always be problems and ppl either have to adapt to them or not. the ex community is a product of all the change that has been made over the years
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

nah man I dont even wanna begin to argue how you say that the ex community is a product of those changes specifically.

cuz it's not i'm telling you.

it's just either childlish drama or pride/ego shit that no one wants to hear about no more nowadays.
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master

Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote:nah man I dont even wanna begin to argue how you say that the ex community is a product of those changes specifically.

cuz it's not i'm telling you.

it's just either childlish drama or pride/ego shit that no one wants to hear about no more nowadays.
I specifically said all the change over time, i didn't specify those changes specifically as what made the community what it is although they have contributed. people's egos and pride and drama have certainly played a role however to argue that the changes that have been made to the rx itself throughout its history have not had as much of an effect on the community is utterly ridiculous. besides for each of those changes i mentioned they have had both positive and negative effects, it's all a matter of opinion
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

let's just not unfold this anymore

imma give you an exemple of what i mean't by pride/ego

X player says all the freaking time that the old jets were the shit

X player goes into a server with the new jet, gets pwned a few times, quits the scene because oh it's all about the new shitty jets that he "can't learn to fly" as if they had nothing to do with the old ones ... <---- (pride)

or

he pwns everyone and says that it was much more challenging backthen, and that the new jets are just 2 ez for him so he gets "bored" and quits too. <---- (ego)

w0w, way to save the few of the community that's left hanging around trying to keep the mod alive ...

in other words ... why aren't they "adapting" as it was mentionned before in this topic ? and rather accept those changes and stay active for the sake of it ... or is it just opinions like you said ? oh, so if they dont like it and it dosen't add up to their opinions they just quit and thats all the new redesign fault because its "hard to master" or "way too dull" for them ?

quite the joke tbh

let's just forget about those who quit and focus on those who are still around plz lol
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master

Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote:let's just not unfold this anymore

imma give you an exemple of what i mean't by pride/ego

X player says all the freaking time that the old jets were the shit

X player goes into a server with the new jet, gets pwned a few times, quits the scene because oh it's all about the new shitty jets that he "can't learn to fly" as if they had nothing to do with the old ones ... <---- (pride)

or

he pwns everyone and says that it was much more challenging backthen, and that the new jets are just 2 ez for him so he gets "bored" and quits too. <---- (ego)

w0w, way to save the few of the community that's left hanging around trying to keep the mod alive ...

in other words ... why aren't they "adapting" as it was mentionned before in this topic ? and rather accept those changes and stay active for the sake of it ... or is it just opinions like you said ? oh, so if they dont like it and it dosen't add up to their opinions they just quit and thats all the new redesign fault because its "hard to master" or "way too dull" for them ?

quite the joke tbh

let's just forget about those who quit and focus on those who are still around plz lol
entertainment value, plain and simple, both of the situations you posed there can simply be answered by that, entertainment value. Not everyone is gonna play a mod simply for the sake of keeping it alive, they're going to play it because they have fun with it, if it becomes to hard or too easy they're just going to leave and find something that suits them more.

remember the objective of the server is not just to please the current people but to attract newcomers as well. As of now learning curve is pretty fricking high as we have highly skilled players facing newbies and not giving them to opportunity to learn the complexity of rx based combat and gameplay. hell most games on the server now are one person dominating the flag running for their team while others just defend or attempt to flag run themselves. so yeah, focusing on those who quit and reasons why they quit is equally as important as focusing on those who are still around when trying to keep the mod alive. hence why i noted all of the rx changes that have been made, they've been made to cater to specific interests rather than bringing in new interests in the community
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

well shit man, I'm talking about hardcore RX players who have been the pillars of this community for a long time, and to watch them go and quit like that makes me disgusted.

I mean dont get me wrong, but if you want to quit just do it instead of bringing some lame excuses about why you "have" to quit.

Again i will stay as to what i'm saying and that is, most of the changes that were made, atleast 70% of them were for the betterement of this mod, so what if that 30% of negative changes was just all bad calls from the modders over the years ? should we just forget about the good changes and focus and the negative ones only ?

that's why I said sometimes you just have to suck it up and adapte/stay.

But anyway I see what you're saying, it's not like we have to keep them here and try to please everyone, cuz you know, you can't please every single one afterall ... and of course we have no power over them deciding to be afk and mia ... but again please, just dont say that "bouhou i dont like this, it's not the way i'm used to, peace out", cuz it just sounds plain retarded and overall a lame way to quit a thing that's been keeping you around for so much time. that's about it.

i'm just sad it has come to this ...

Return to “Server 1 - =(V)= R O C K E T - X8 - www.vulpinemission.com”