Spawnkilling and the two biggest lamers...

Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

Re: Spawnkilling and the two biggest lamers...

Post by Cross_Eyed_Noob »

L33t wrote:I'd rather spend my time helping make people better players by having them learn through experience and through trial and error about how to defend oneself and ones team from these tactics rather than give em a good old pat on the back and say well you tried to get me...

now what would be the difference between your strategy and mine, which you suggested above, if i stayed there and killed as many of the enemy team as possible while my team caps or If i stopped and suicided every time my team got a cap only to return and do the same thing? sure they might get a chance to pick themselves up, but the vast majority of the time the cycle continues... meaning they don't learn from their previous mistakes
That's the only thing I'm pointing at.

As for them learning ... aaaah naah not really sure about that ... if they played RB maybe yea lolz, but with this jet, i dont think so.
=(V)=F5

Post by =(V)=F5 »

L33t wrote:I'd rather spend my time helping make people better players by having them learn through experience and through trial and error about how to defend oneself and ones team from these tactics rather than give em a good old pat on the back and say well you tried to get me...

now what would be the difference between your strategy and mine, which you suggested above, if i stayed there and killed as many of the enemy team as possible while my team caps or If i stopped and suicided every time my team got a cap only to return and do the same thing? sure they might get a chance to pick themselves up, but the vast majority of the time the cycle continues... meaning they don't learn from their previous mistakes

L33t your alright in my book. I like the way you think.
HaHa
Forums Elite

Post by HaHa »

Good thing some of you never played during {WINGS} days lol
=(V)=Pie
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=Pie »

HaHa wrote:Good thing some of you never played during {WINGS} days lol
I didn't mind it as much in those days, cause I was a complete noob.

Signature by Dash. Thank you!
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master

Post by =(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ »

=(V)=_The_Greek_ wrote:Not all people come to the server to ''learn'' anything or give a shit about getting better in a game. They just want to get on a server, play for an hour and then continue with their lives. The server should be fun for everyone. Spawnkillers, snipers, the IG guys, defenders, those who only want to capture etc.. We are just trying to find the best solution here.

The 3 seconds of spawnprotection were perfect. Spawnkillers could still do their thing in some maps, but also the players respawning had a fair chance. The addition of the translocator, made things unfair for our spawnkillers that's why the 3 seconds were removed. But now some spawnkillers take advantage of the situation, so we are now trying to find another way to keep everyone happy.
Hence why I said rx based ctf is a broken gametype, try to fix something and it breaks something else
=(V)=F5

Post by =(V)=F5 »

Lets also besides argue about spawnkilling lets take a stab at all pings 50 and below. Lets compare a 15 ping to a 200 and equate that getting your ass kicked by a spawnkiller. So lets write up some new rules....zzzz. Nah, heck lets also make requirements on the hardware you can play with. Let's just go in circles running around like chickens with our heads cut off. This topic is beyond help. Somebody cry up a river so we can float to a different topic please.
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

=(V)=F5 wrote:Somebody cry up a river so we can float to a different topic please.
XD

Hey F5, people are stating their opinions, it's just that no need to get overdramatic lol

Who cares about someones ping ... if the lag is not serverside then all is good.

Also, to each his capability to afford good hardware or not ... also not really the point in this topic.

Stay classy my friend :biggrin
=(V)=F5

Post by =(V)=F5 »

Cross, just pointing out the facts. This is one topic that rubs my rhubarb the wrong way. To me its like nails on a chalkboard. I just find nearly impossible to see how anybody can complain about somebody taking advantage of the game. Sure, I understand the fun aspect but are we also competing? Sorry if I offended anybody but I just find this topic unbearable.
CockSmoker
Forums Master

Post by CockSmoker »

No complaining here... just passing on info on tactics to subvert the spawnkilling and lamer tactics so it makes the game more fun for those who are not aware of how to defeat the lamers.
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

Yes that's the point we're not "competing"

That's why I luled at Myster's statement in the other topic lol

This is a public server, so everyone is welcome to play however he wants to, but, with some limits ... such as not ruining somebody elses fun for self enjoyement ... or as "how he sees it", that type of spawnkilling he does does not affect the general gameflow that should be somewhat near the fun and balance factors ...

Because let's be honest, we can't have perfect balanced teams in a public server, BUT, we can make sure that it stays as much fun for each individual by getting rid of the few bad elements that makes it the worse experience you might have while you just want to have a little bit of fun in a "public" server.

English OP.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

I did notice with spawn protect on I stopped spawn killing as much

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=F5

Post by =(V)=F5 »

Your statements are dutifully taken and respected. Obviously we are here to have fun otherwise we would be doing something else however I just see this as more of an issue that should be addressed administratively rather than hoping people follow some sort of thin line between playing and being an opportunist. Just my 2c.
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

Admining 101 ... what can I say. *shrug*
Blacklightning
Forums Elite

Post by Blacklightning »

=(V)=F5 wrote:Cross, just pointing out the facts. This is one topic that rubs my rhubarb the wrong way. To me its like nails on a chalkboard. I just find nearly impossible to see how anybody can complain about somebody taking advantage of the game. Sure, I understand the fun aspect but are we also competing? Sorry if I offended anybody but I just find this topic unbearable.
Whoa whoa whoa.. what?? This is something I get VERY pissed off about. The "do anything to win" attitude but that's another story.
For the spawnkilling deal, if someone actually had to practice to do it, I wouldn't mind it as much, but any 'ole idiot can do it. Sure there is techniques but really anyone can do it.
CockSmoker
Forums Master

Post by CockSmoker »

Yup... there's the key thing... ANYONE and EVERYONE can do it... nothing special about it.
It's simply a cheap way to rack up points or subdue the enemy that requires NO SKILL other than knowing how to pick up and RX and shoot it.

Here's the issue... if you're getting spawnkilled 65-80% of the time you are on a map, how likely are you going to stay? Not very likely.

Solution: Leave or spec and wait for a more skilled map to get voted.
Sooner or later it's gonna happen... people leave because getting spawn killed constantly is NO FUN,
or a better map gets voted.

Return to “General Discussion”