I hate to sound like an RX server Nazi but...

=(V)= Server 1: Rocket-X
Nyx
Forums Master

Re: I hate to sound like an RX server Nazi but...

Post by Nyx »

i always hated newbs that take two to crash instantly in the first wall
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master

Post by =(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ »

Nyuu wrote:i always hated newbs that take two to crash instantly in the first wall
Can be solved by instituting a suicide penalty for those who kill themselves... been trying to suggest this forever... have about 3-5 second respawn, teach em how to fly properly... exception would be a tactical suicide wherein you take somebody with you when you die and you wouldn't be penalized for it...

arguments for this:
1. vast majority of games today have a penalty for those ppl who commit suicide in game
2. on the server, individuals are now offered spawn protection as well as a translocator to get around even faster
3. if you're far from your base/stuck and you commit suicide to get back, the penalty time would still be less than it would take you to travel back there on foot or via trans
4. makes people be more careful when flying and throwing, thus creating better fliers and less wasted rx
=(V)=]v[yster
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=]v[yster »

Nice sig.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

Viper wrote:This is why I'm trying to make maps more heavy traffic friendly. I know the old ways use to be we shouldn't have more than 8 RX's per base but that was when we use to have 12 slot servers. I encourage all mappers to begin using up to 10 minimum RX's for their maps because it's time we've adjusted for today's time with traffic. I know I for one get frustrated seeing minimal RXs in maps because I can't get in the air. And if someone is spawnkilling it's even harder because that takes away all the already scarce supply of rockets.

So in the end, mappers make more RXs!

agree and we need old maps edited for these amounts of jets

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=3rdOF3
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=3rdOF3 »

It wouldn't matter how many rockets someone grabbed if the map had enough rockets for everyone
to take two. The problem is the maps don't have enough rockets for the amount of players. Increase
the number of rockets or at least speed up the spawn time.

Actually the best way to fix this problem is to increase the amount of shots per rocket to like 3 or 5.

If people knew they had at least 3 shots to take they would spend more time flying on it and learning how to shot and fly at the same time.

Am I the only one that notices the amount of players in a game well drop more then half when the map is too big and not enough rockets to go around?

I say change the settings and see if anyone complains, at least give it a try.
=(V)=Pie
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=Pie »

The 'having multiple' shots idea would only work if you're using it as a weapon. The second you fly with an RX it turns into a vehicle, and you should not have the ability to shoot it like a missile (like it is now). That's why someone would need to pick up a second RX.

I think adding more RX's to maps to accomodate for traffic would be the best plan. As we've gone back and forth on this topic for quite some time with no real solution.

Signature by Dash. Thank you!
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

add more jets on spawn is no problem.. its just the maps that have set amounts of redeemers at the base such as $ maps

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

My $ has what? 8 I think maybe more. I can begin work with some of those maps but I will need a list of maps, access to them, and time.

If you want to stroke my ego, be sure to spit on it first
=(V)=]v[yster
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=]v[yster »

I wish there were a mod that worked something like.. if server has "x" amount of players, rx's spawn at "x" rate, to accomodate for lack or excess of traffic from map to map. Can this be done?
Blacklightning
Forums Elite

Post by Blacklightning »

Or you could set it up to where all RX always load up with two, then you can't take two even if you tried. Problem solved.
But then there would be a lot more spamming, but you guys like that don't ya.

Return to “Server 1 - =(V)= R O C K E T - X8 - www.vulpinemission.com”