Stealth
Forums Master

Rx and Cars...

Post by Stealth »

I know you likin jets... But I have ideas for cars... :cow5

1. Twin Turbo

2. The Wraith

Alien Defense: The )Caroserrie(

3. The "Under-Body" without a Spindle, or having more Spindles...

4. For The Rocket Jedi's who like to fly...

The Ground! We still have the advantage of it...
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Re: Rx and Cars...

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

The Wraith that you speak of.... That was a 700 HP 2.2L Chrysler/Cosworth creation. Friggin' SICK car.

~ Don't Let The Bastards Drag You Down ~
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

=(V)=~Sean~ wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:59 pm The Wraith that you speak of.... That was a 700 HP 2.2L Chrysler/Cosworth creation. Friggin' SICK car.
love that movie!

but are we talking about the same thing?

The Dodge M4S is an American high performance prototype sports coupe originally engineered, designed, and built by Dodge in 1984 as a technology demonstrator vehicle. It was designed by then chief designer of Dodge, Bob Ackerman.[1]

The car was made famous by its appearance in The Wraith, a 1986 supernatural film. The mid-engined car had a tested and confirmed top speed of 194.8 miles per hour (313.5 km/h)[1] and could go from 0 to 60 miles per hour (97 km/h) in 4.1 seconds, with more than 440 horsepower (330 kW) under the hood coming from its relatively small displacement (especially by American standards) 2.2L 4 cylinder forced induction engine.[2][3]

The car has since gained an enthusiast cult following, prompted by the fame it gained from appearing in The Wraith.[4][5]

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

Yes.... read more into it, not just Wiki..... They state an 800 HP variation of that little engine, but I have been studying it for years, and I saw the 700HP one come up a few times. That one was too wild for the stunt driver, (given the total weight of the car and driver) so they threw the detuned 440HP one in. They also used a mild mannered Pontiac V6 for a lot of the driving scenes.

My friend has built 2 of these 2.2L engines. He showed me the dyno sheet for one : 396HP (and I rode in it) and the one he's building now - he is aiming for 500HP at the wheels. It has a Holset turbo in it from a Dodge Diesel engine. (he's sick with it already ) :)

~ Don't Let The Bastards Drag You Down ~

Return to “Sports Arena”