MH-XV-B99-MinasTirith

evilgrins
Forums Master

MH-XV-B99-MinasTirith

Post by evilgrins »

This was initiated at the resquest of -POTS- who's been following the recent releases of maps for XV with great interest.
While he did request this map, I went looking for other versions as well. This version, as it says in the selection window, was built from scratch by the mapper Bulldozer, who said he based his design on a previous version by Sai; that version is on UnrealArchive but I haven't checked it out yet.

I replaced non-standard UT weapons with standard equivalents, replaced an instagib with a redeemer, changed up the monsters to lessen monster on monster deaths, changed Behemoth projectiles to something that can't kill Titans (which I indirectly learned of via SilverSound), and as this seems absolutely necessary with any XV map that has a boss monster...
...gave the Boss projectiles from one of the XV on the map!

Had a little fun with the in-game messages too. Maybe too much fun.

As to what of XV is here...
...due to having access to the base, I went with jeeps and 2 of one of the smaller tanks; it's possible the larger tanks would've worked but this map is both large and small in certain respects and I felt the larger ones took up too much room.

Plus, wasn't positive the larger ones could drive through narrow passages.

There's 1 helicopter as well.

A glitch on the map I toyed with consulting someone else to see if they could fix, I ultimately passed on. The main gate to the castle will open before the Titans that need to be killed to open it if any player or bot gets close to it, but the CreatureFactories in the castle don't activate until the aforementioned Titans are dead. If they're not activated, the things that need to be done to access the exit don't start up... so that didn't seem to be absolutely necessary.

Map originally had a PlayerBot on it, which I tried to reconfigure using ZenCoder's method, but while that works well in Deathmatch & CTF... not so much MonsterHunt. Hence, I removed it.

Usual Suspects:
.u - /system
.umx - /music
.unr - /maps
.png - Pwetty!

Enjoy!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/p5s2q0rr ... Tirith.zip

You can get Xvehicles here · https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14936 · which you need to make this work!

Return to “Mapping”