New Monsterhunt version on server.

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: New Monsterhunt version on server.

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

=(V)=Mar wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:01 pm
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:56 pm
=(V)=Mar wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:34 am I have added a new monster hunt version with a new redesigned hud and scoreboard.
Also added multiple fixes and enhancements.
Hope you like it :D :cow5

Some images:
Shot00052.png
Shot00051.png
EDIT: ehm, images for some reason are being compressed to forum and are very small.

Please report any issues in this thread.
sexy cant wait to take a look. IS it dependent on 469c patch? WE have some lag complaints with 469c and was thinking of going back to 451

edit: ill take a look at the compression settings
Yes it is dependent on 469c and XC_Engine.
I use some specific functions of XC_Engine to replace code in runtime. I should have fixed all 3 mayor crashes that we had. (Also an issue that NW3 cybots attacked monsters even if they summoned it, so now monsters have cybots :D)
Also we now use XC_Monsterhunt core instead of MH2Gold.

Was this lag issues reported for MH or was in general?
lag was specific after patch update. It specifically happens with high FPS scenarios. I will try to test soon after your recent updates.
=(V)=Mar wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:10 pm Also, font should be readable on big resolutions.
@RocketJedi please test on your big 4K screen.
I could only test on my laptop 2k screen resolution.
I'm only at 2k myself lol im not that fancy :rofl :vmrocks

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=Mar
Colonel

Post by =(V)=Mar »

Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:36 pm oh i forgot to tell RJ, when you did the patch upgrade for servers, it used to play fine on some MH maps even when there's alot of monsters, but now it crashes the moment it feels like there's any overload/lag.

Though, i need to check now with this new verion to see if it still happens.

If you want to check logs for what maybe causes the crash, check the map (uRh_Purgatorium)

Edit1: ok begin testing,, first thing is that it's not 4 jumps in a row anymore, now it's only 3 ?

Edit2: it used to that monsters that have a ton of HP, have their HP lowered when you kill one of them (my english sux, but let's say we have 5 monsters with 1000 HP , when you kill 1 of them, the other 4 return to their "normal" HP that is 300 ... btw this affects only the maps with monsters that have alot of HP, the other maps are fine because all monsters have their default HP anyway.

Edit3: ok, it seems that the crashing issue is no longer happening, well, atleast from what i've tested until now, will let you know if anything else triggers it.
Ok, now I understand the HP monster issue. Is more obvious on map like MH-CrystalMines.
We set a max health a monster can have, and is not being applied correctly right now. It is but only on monsters that doesnt spawn mid game.
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

Post by Cross_Eyed_Noob »

=(V)=Mar wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:26 pm
Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:36 pm oh i forgot to tell RJ, when you did the patch upgrade for servers, it used to play fine on some MH maps even when there's alot of monsters, but now it crashes the moment it feels like there's any overload/lag.

Though, i need to check now with this new verion to see if it still happens.

If you want to check logs for what maybe causes the crash, check the map (uRh_Purgatorium)

Edit1: ok begin testing,, first thing is that it's not 4 jumps in a row anymore, now it's only 3 ?

Edit2: it used to that monsters that have a ton of HP, have their HP lowered when you kill one of them (my english sux, but let's say we have 5 monsters with 1000 HP , when you kill 1 of them, the other 4 return to their "normal" HP that is 300 ... btw this affects only the maps with monsters that have alot of HP, the other maps are fine because all monsters have their default HP anyway.

Edit3: ok, it seems that the crashing issue is no longer happening, well, atleast from what i've tested until now, will let you know if anything else triggers it.
Ok, now I understand the HP monster issue. Is more obvious on map like MH-CrystalMines.
We set a max health a monster can have, and is not being applied correctly right now. It is but only on monsters that doesnt spawn mid game.
yea pretty much all (havoc_urh) maps have monsters with 2 000 000 HP , but when you kill one of them all the others near it go down to 40 000 HP , so yea those maps are pretty much impossible to do now :laugh
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

max health doesn't go to 9999 otherwise game is running great for me so far.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:29 pm max health doesn't go to 9999 otherwise game is running great for me so far.
in the old MH version, when you kill one of those 40 000 HP ones, the giant ones go down to 40 000 HP too instead of 2 000 000 HP, if they can't go down now those maps are pretty much doomed now, and they're the popular ones on the server lol, everytime i join in i see someone playing maps with monsters that have a ton of HP, so the fix would be to cap all their health to the default that is 40 000, or see what caused them to do the earlier explained.

Edit: ok i'm dumb, thought you were talking about monsters health, i guess you were talking about players health, my bad :laugh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:01 pm
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:29 pm max health doesn't go to 9999 otherwise game is running great for me so far.
in the old MH version, when you kill one of those 40 000 HP ones, the giant ones go down to 40 000 HP too instead of 2 000 000 HP, if they can't go down now those maps are pretty much doomed now, and they're the popular ones on the server lol, everytime i join in i see someone playing maps with monsters that have a ton of HP, so the fix would be to cap all their health to the default that is 40 000, or see what caused them to do the earlier explained.

Edit: ok i'm dumb, thought you were talking about monsters health, i guess you were talking about players health, my bad :laugh
haha! nah I wasn't clear enough. Yeah I meant player health is capped at 600

=(V)=Mar
Colonel

Post by =(V)=Mar »

New fixed version uploaded to server!

Changes:
[FIXED] Crash issue on map MH-[HaVoC][uRh]CrystalMine
[FIXED] Max health for monsters not applied correctly midgame.
[FIXED] Some maps have invalid trigger types for monsterhunt end. Which made not possible to end map.
[FIXED] Replace misused ThingFactories with CreateFactories.
[FIXED] Array out of bounds for ShieldBelt.SetEffectTexture.
[FIXED] Time in scoreboard showing invalid values.
[FIXED] Health packs not being replaced.
[FIXED] Align Ranks textures on scoreboard.
[FIXED] Spectator Hud did not show game synopsis when spectating a player. (Spread, rank, deaths)
[ADDED] Added new features to radar
-Show monsters out of range when 10<= left
-Show MonsterEnd on radar.
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

=(V)=Mar wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:11 am New fixed version uploaded to server!

Changes:
[FIXED] Crash issue on map MH-[HaVoC][uRh]CrystalMine
[FIXED] Max health for monsters not applied correctly midgame.
[FIXED] Some maps have invalid trigger types for monsterhunt end. Which made not possible to end map.
[FIXED] Replace misused ThingFactories with CreateFactories.
[FIXED] Array out of bounds for ShieldBelt.SetEffectTexture.
[FIXED] Time in scoreboard showing invalid values.
[FIXED] Health packs not being replaced.
[FIXED] Align Ranks textures on scoreboard.
[FIXED] Spectator Hud did not show game synopsis when spectating a player. (Spread, rank, deaths)
[ADDED] Added new features to radar
-Show monsters out of range when 10<= left
-Show MonsterEnd on radar.
Tested the crash from crystalmine and it's indeed fixed thank you!

But when i was trying to do it, i noticed that now all monsters hit pretty hard, and it gives the shaky screen that you get when you get hit by a Titan or monsters with IG, so it's kinda unplayable with that effect, i had to take an invincibilty powerup to get to where i can recreate the crash in crystalmines, otherwise i couldn't see anything from how shaky it is x)

I still want to test the health fix but i dont want to end up throwing up from how dizzy i will get :laugh
=(V)=Mar
Colonel

Post by =(V)=Mar »

Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:28 am Tested the crash from crystalmine and it's indeed fixed thank you!

But when i was trying to do it, i noticed that now all monsters hit pretty hard, and it gives the shaky screen that you get when you get hit by a Titan or monsters with IG, so it's kinda unplayable with that effect, i had to take an invincibilty powerup to get to where i can recreate the crash in crystalmines, otherwise i couldn't see anything from how shaky it is x)

I still want to test the health fix but i dont want to end up throwing up from how dizzy i will get :laugh
Great to hear that the crash looks to be fixed.
Will see how I can reduce the shake of damage taken from server.

Edit: Done
New version 003
[Added] Added option to control damage shakeness from server.

Currently Shakeness is capped to 300 of damage.
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

=(V)=Mar wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:40 am
Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:28 am Tested the crash from crystalmine and it's indeed fixed thank you!

New version 003

hmm, it's still pretty intense, maybe i didn't explain it in a good way lul

there used to be the shaky screen effect only when you get hit by big monsters (Titans) /or monsters with weapons that do heavy damage like instagib, but now, all hits from normal monsters do the shaky effect when there should be none.

Also, normal monsters hit pretty hard now too, maybe nerf the damage by like half or maybe more ? lol
=(V)=Mar
Colonel

Post by =(V)=Mar »

Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:43 am

New version 003

there used to be the shaky screen effect only when you get hit by big monsters (Titans) /or monsters with weapons that do heavy damage like instagib, but now, all hits from normal monsters do the shaky effect when there should be none.

Also, normal monsters hit pretty hard now too, maybe nerf the damage by like half or maybe more ? lol
I changed some settings right now. Can you check and see if it is okay?
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

=(V)=Mar wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:22 am

New version 003

Allright it seems back to normal now, will let you know if anything else is broken, thanks Mar you're a lovely person <3<3 :cow5
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

=(V)=Mar wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:22 am

New version 003

You are amazing. Do you have a Venmo or zelle? I'd love to send you a little something for your time and amazing work

=(V)=Mar
Colonel

Post by =(V)=Mar »

Screenshot 2023-08-03 232553.png
Screenshot 2023-08-03 232622.png
Screenshot 2023-08-03 232655.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

=(V)=Mar wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:27 pm Screenshot 2023-08-03 232553.png
so i've gone and tested his claims, so i'll juste try and add info on what i've seen changed

for this first claim, i know what he means, monster used to lose the lock on you when you go through a teleportal, now they're smarter so they can follow you through it lol, but it can lead to a bad time when the starting room is small and you find yourself stuck with a millions monsters in it, so the fix would be to see why they can now still be locked on you even after you go through a teleportal.

Also, the little aliens HP is quite high, they used to get one shot by the red weapon but now they're tanky as hell, and their damage needs to be nerfed by like 25% too.

Maybe you can copy paste the monsters stats from the original map that way you don't get frustrated with changing HP/Damage values all the time ?
=(V)=Mar wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:27 pmScreenshot 2023-08-03 232622.png
for this one, the weapons used to not be there at the start of the fight, but when you kill the monsters they drop them, and the FPS issues began when all of the monsters died and their dropped weapons caused lag, so it's not a new issue now.

And also, in that room in the screenshot, there are 2 types of monsters, one with the IG and the others with freezers (NW3), but the ones with freezers used to be another type of monsters and not those we have now, so i guess you can look why some monsters get replaced by new ones in this new version ? because it can be that these new ones have better stats than old ones so it can lead to the same HP/Damage issue stated above.
=(V)=Mar wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:27 pmScreenshot 2023-08-03 232655.png
idk about this one maybe the guy has dementia or something, but the health kegs are the same as before i'm sure. the only difference now is that they spawn faster which is a good change.

Return to “Mods, Coding & Programs”